Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Stats : 82
Location : Là où il ya de la lumière et du feu, vous pouvez  trouver

A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Irene was really, really tired.  Then again, she'd been staying up past 2:00 am so it was just a side effect.  She seemed to be both laughing a lot and super tired lately.  Maybe it was all the classes and all the people.  Irene decided probably.  Either way, Irene was absolutely horrible at chess, but she was going to the Arcade today anyway.  Maybe it was the fact that she could use some time alone, or with the computers and such.  Or maybe it was the fact that her life was really confusing.  Either way, there were plenty of chess sets, so if she happened to burn one up because she wasn't paying attention, well, it wasn't too much of a loss.

She was just setting one up, getting ready to play against maybe one of the ghosts or such, when she heard a loud, disturbing clanging noise coming from nearby, almost behind one of the magical things in the corner.  Irene wasn't quite sure what they were, but she knew they weren't machines because Muggle magic didn't work in Hogwarts boundaries.  Something in the wards that protected the students and grounds.  Was it another student?  IRene supposed she ought to spend more time with people, but she was so tired and she really didn't want to singe anyone's eyebrows off today...
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

Stats : 232

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm

((I'd be happy to play chess with you if you like, but what's the clanging supposed to be?))
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:47 pm

(I dunno...it was for Avery but she's got her own. Just make something up if u can if u cant then just tell me I'll change it. It could be something in ur bag I guess. And avery will join if she can.)

Irene was having a really bad day, and she was SO not in the mood to play games with whoever was there. Which was ironic, considering she was hoping to play some Wizards' Chess. After all, it was a game, wasn't it? Irene had always hated those people who took petty games like these so seriously. She arced her wand through the air and said, "Whoever's there, can you seriously please come out? If you haven't noticed and not because you're blind or whatever or disabled or whatever, but if ur just seriously stupid, I'll say it nice and clear." Irene really wasn't in a good mood. "COME OUT PLEASE RIGHT NOW!"
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

Stats : 33

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Avery was running through the corridor wen she saw someone farmiliar in the arcade and decided to head in but instead hit the door and hoped nobody heard, she got off the ground,brushed off and limped inside.

Last edited by Avery Sparrow on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Timothy had noticed the clanging sound from over near the chessboard, and now the Gryffindor girl was getting irritated.
"Alright, mate." He called as he walked over. "You're not fooling anyone, I'm head boy, get out from behind the suit of armor before I take house points."
A young student darted out from behind the armor and sprinted off. Timothy let him go, he hadn't caused any trouble and had done what Timothy told him.
"Right." He turned toward the Gryffindor with a smile. "Now that's sorted, would you like a partner?" He indicated the chessboard with an open hand.

((Avery, going to say you didn't make noise because the walls are stone, you two can have a match and Timothy will play winner if you like.))
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 pm

((okay but id rather watch))
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 pm

(Okay, good use of ur...resources?  Surroundings?  I dunno but good job both of u.  And it is SO hot here its SO annoying.  Avery what do u think of Timothy's plan for u to play me then he plays winner?  And who wants to be what color?  I could watch and like, set the pieces on fire for amusement if u two wanted :D)

Irene watched as the young boy scurried off, obviously not wanting house points deducted.  She didn't recognize him.  SHe turned back to the SLytherin boy.

"Hi, I'm Irene Moore.  Thanks, I'm sorry, my temper is really short today for some reason." she took off her hat and tossed her hair.  It was getting really warm in the Arcade, it wasn't exactly the normal classroom with a million windows.  It was kind of dark and closed in, and the lighting was dim.  For some reason, that annoyed Irene so much.  She wanted to create a little fire for light, but the Slytherin was Head BOy and she didn't want him to get her in trouble or take points away.  After all, she had a duty to her house, otherwise she wouldn't have cared about getting in trouble.  She sat down at a nearby chessboard.  "Is anyone else coming do you know?"

(Okay Avery then I will play with Timothy first sound good everyone?)
(Sorry i sent my message right after u sent urs. ANd if anyone else is reading this thread, everyone can join, its open and the more people the mroe fun after all.)
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Avery went towards Irene now moaning because slamming into doors hurts."hi Irene Its me,Avery she said in a moaning way.when she sat down next to Irene she say someone who looked kind of farmilliar and noticed he was also from slytherin and remembered he was the head boy so she decided not to ask Irene for a piece of paper to get spooker with...
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:16 pm

((Sounds good :) ))
Irene Moore ran her hands through her hair. It was rather warm, being in the middle of the school it had no windows to let in light (and let out heat), and was lit only by candles (which also produced heat).
"That's alright, perhaps a game would distract you from your bad mood. I'm Timothy Carpenter, by the way."
A Slytherin girl limped in and sat down nearby, introducing herself as Avery.
"Avery was it? D'you think you need to go to the hospital wing?" She looked about second or third year, and he figured it might be his duty now to keep an eye for younger students. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Irene could tell that Avery wanted to summon Spooker and couldn't help feel relieved that the SLytherin boy was there so she wouldn't have to give her some paper.  THen she felt guilty because SPooker didn't hurt the paper or waste it, so there was really nothing to worry about.  And did the boy know about SPooker already?  Apparently, judging by Avery's reaction to the boy, she did not and had been hoping that Irene was alone so she could summon him.  And Avery was hurt somehow.  A short while ago, Irene had heard a slight thump, but nothing really loud.  She'd thought maybe it was her imagination, or maybe the boy who'd been hiding in the suit of armor had caused it.  Had it been Avery?  Irene certainly hoped she wasn't hurt, and rushed over to her.  She was moaning, and Irene could only assume that she'd either tripped and fallen on the hard marble and stone floor, or accidentally run into a wall in excitement or haste.  Stone would've done the moaning and the slight bruises that Avery sported.  But she seemed to be alright for the most part, and Irene held out her hand to help Avery up. The Slytherin Head boy asked Avery something, but Irene was too busy worrying over her to listen to it. "Are you okay Avery? Do you need to go to the hospital wing? In the very least, maybe you ought to get some ice. I can fetch some if you want..."
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:23 pm

N-no I'm fine she said , j-just give me a couple of minutes avery said while looking in her robe pockets and looking scared, my q-quill is m-missing Irene!
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Timothy sighed silently through his nose and sat in a nearby chair. He wasn't needed at the moment. All this fuss over a lost quill? He crossed his arms in annoyance but stopped. He didn't want to come off as arrogant or uncaring or something. He allowed himself to cross his legs, ankle on his opposite knee. That looked casual enough. He rested his hands on his thighs, waiting for Avery the Slytherin and Irene the Gryffindor to come to some agreement on the lost quill and turn their attention back to chess.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:44 pm

( ( Irene is no longer on here today)) avery said now ill never get Spooker back! She covered her face because she didn't want another slytherin to see her cry and she was not much of a crier either.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:49 pm

((Keep in mind we can only RP so much with her gone.))
Avery the Slytherin said something about never getting 'Spooker' back and held her head in her hands. What was a spooker, and was she so upset about it? Had she named her favourite quill or something?
"Sorry, is there anything I can do to help?" Timothy asked as he walked closer.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Yes, I need help finding a golden quill, you see my quill it summons my golden chameleon which I have instead of an owl cat or toad. All I have to do is draw something on paper and it will show up soo need help finding my quill
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:51 am

Well, that was a bit of magic Timothy'd never heard of before. He wondered if any professors knew about it.
"D'you know if it can be summoned?" He asked.
Also, golden chameleon? Weren't chameleons the colour-changing ones? Or was he thinking of salamanders or something?
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 am

No the quill can't but the lizard can and the quill is really special so I really want it back before abyone else finds it! She said
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:00 am

Timothy sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "If the quill can't be summoned, you're going to have to look for it the muggle way. Retracing your steps and all. When do you remember last having it?"
Bloody hell, all he'd wanted to do was play chess and now some kid (from his own house) was crying about losing a special quill instead of looking for it. He vaguely wondered if perhaps the girl was lying, but why lie about something so trivial as a lost quill? The only explanation was that the quill did summon something, possibly her pet golden chameleon. Could she be lying about what it summoned? But why sit around crying if she didn't want anyone else to find the quill? The only logical explanation was that she was telling most of the truth - if not the whole truth - and possibly a bit thick.

((Timothy's not the nicest...))
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:13 am

((I can see that)) I would be looking for my quill but my leg hurts!complained Avery.She never really did anything the muggle way so she wondered how to 'retrace steps" but she thought about it and caame up with a conclusion. "do you think of what you did to retrace your steps?"she asked
Back to top Go down
Jessie Swan
4th Year

Stats : 7

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 am

Jessie walked by the arcade amd saw a slythiern Avery.Who was hopping around on one leg looking for something with an unfimallar boy (about 6th or 7th).So Jessie walked in and asked her what was she looking for and why she was hopping on one leg?
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:11 am

"Hi I'm Avery,I lost somthing very special to me and cant find it,Oh and my lizards gone missing,Spooker!"Avery said sitting down by a candle.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:29 am

Timothy suppressed a groan and rubbed his forehead. Surely he hadn't been this stupid when he was younger? This Avery girl must have been pretty spoiled to not know how to find something lost.
"To retrace your steps you go to the last place you know you had your quill and look everywhere you've been since then." He explained. "And if your leg hurts too much to walk, you ought to get to the infirmary. I'm sure whoever is replacing Detanae can fix you up in a few seconds." Hopefully that Ravenclaw girl who had just walked in would help Avery and he could just play chess.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:33 am

I'm fine I don't need to go to the infermarary said Avery kind of bratty
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:47 am

Timothy raised his hands to shoulder height in a surrender position and shook his head, looking down a bit. It wasn't his job to take care of stupid kids, no matter what house they were in. If she didn't want to go to the infirmary, that was her decision, and he wasn't going to force her.
"All I'm saying is that you want to go find your quill, it hurts for you to walk, so logically going to the hospital wing would be the first step to finding your quill. It's up to you, I'm not your dad. But you probably ought to get in the habit of showing more respect to prefects." He folded his arms and leaned against a nearby wall. If she wanted to find her quill, she'd either have to wait until her leg stopped hurting, risking someone else finding the quill, or limping around the school, or going to the hospital wing and getting her leg fixed.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Avery knew he was right but decided not to admit it.ill just go look for it in the common room first,Avery got up walked out the door trying unsuccessfully to not limp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next