Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

Stats : 232

A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Timothy closed his eyes and sighed as Avery limped out of the room. Wasn't stubbornness supposed to be a Gryffindor trait? He turned back to Irene the Gryffindor and the Ravenclaw girl.
"Still up for a game?" He asked weakly. He could understand if Irene wanted to go help Avery, they appeared to be friends. And the Ravenclaw girl had expressed concern.
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Stats : 82
Location : Là où il ya de la lumière et du feu, vous pouvez  trouver

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:04 pm

(Hi everyone sorry for abandoning you before, I hate that I play so many instruments sometimes, practice takes at least an hour and a half.  I'm going to propose something, why don't I explain to TImothy and Jexxie what the quill does so they believe Avery, then Jessie can go help her look while Avery explaines what it looks like and the importance of finding it before it falls into the wrong hands.  THen Timothy and I can play chess and I'll probably lose but...how does that sound?  You guys can do whatever you want, or just wing it or whatever.)

Irene looked up.  "Oh, er, well, this quill is kind of like a magical artifact.  It has the ability to summon anything in any color as long as you draw it properly, and it can heal animals too.  For example, if you draw them without the injury.  Someone else who's not so conservative and has not as much or a conscience might summon money or other things.  So that's why Avery has to find the quill pronto.  Okay you two?  By the way, what are your names?  I didn't catch them when we met."

Last edited by Irene Moore on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:29 pm

((it's fine, life happens :) ))

Timothy frowned at Irene the Gryffindor's explanation. That would have to be wicked powerful magic, if it were true. But Irene wasn't making any shielding or blocking movements, so she believed it to be true... It might explain Avery's lack of knowledge about how to find something that was lost, if she had a quill like that what sort of childhood might she have had? But how could a student have something so powerful, if it was indeed true? And how had she managed to keep it secret?
"Sorry, I'm Timothy Carpenter." He smiled at Irene and the Ravenclaw girl.

((The way you described it, all I can think of is DoodleBob...))
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:43 pm

(I'm sorry, what's DoodleBob? Is it an Americanas thing?)

Irene smiled slightly back. Hmm. Carpenter. She'd have to remember that. And he was a Slytherin, and probably knew Avery a bit as Head Boy. Perhaps it would've been best for him and Avery to search for the quill becasue they were in the same house? But Irene was determined to play a game of chess, and since Avery was occupied with her leg and Jessie seemed to be off into space...well, he was the only one who could really play.

"Er, hi Timothy. WOuld you like to play a game of chess? They look rather busy." Irene gestured to the two other girls and then to the small table covered by a wizards' chess set, sitting in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:50 pm

((I'll PM you about DoodleBob))

He smiled and sat at the chessboard. "Would you like white?" He offered. He didn't much care if he went first or not.
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:07 pm

"Um, sure, thanks." Irene wasn't quite certain how to play without blowing up the board, table, and pieces like last time, but she would try her best. Now how to put these little sculptures in the right order...ugh. She decided to ask Timothy. She would seem like an idiot yes, but at least she wouldn't make a mistake and then seem like an idiot. After all, who wants to play chess and gets mad if they can't when they don't know how? She supposed that was one of her odd little quirks or whatever people called them.

"White sounds fine, but actually could you help me um, put the pieces in teh right places? You see, I actually do not know how to play chess, and I came here to learn and maybe play a little bit. I don't mind if I lose, but the last time I attempted to learn..." Irene thought about the shards of wood scattered all over the floor, "...Let's just say I had some difficulties." Irene sighed.
Back to top Go down
Jessie Swan
4th Year

Stats : 7

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:08 pm

"Im so sorry have you found it yet?" asked Jessie to Avery
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Timothy watched Irene hesitate, then ask for help, explaining that she didn't know how to play. "Sure." Timothy smiled and stood beside her, setting up the pieces and explaining which could move in which ways. "Feel free to ask me for help at any point. Start with any pawn, or either knight." He gestured to her front row, then the pieces carved in the shape of horse heads. This should be interesting. He remembered when he first learned how to play chess, he'd almost won a few times because he didn't have a set strategy in place, which confused his dad.

((Do you know how to play?))
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:17 pm

(No, is chess also an american thing or a british or english thing???? Ive never played really before, I've heard of it but...so yeah.  I'll try my best to act like i do if u want though.)

Irene nodded slowly, but her brain was confused.  But did the horse not need the soldier in front of it to be moved before it changed positions?

"Do they all move in specific ways?" she'd heard that that was one reason chess was so hard.  And she was so confused about the horses and the soldiers, did they both move the same way and were the same value?  (I heard someoen talking about points, i dunno if that was just how they played and they added that)  Chess really was confusing.

Last edited by Irene Moore on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:38 pm

((You don't have to act like you know, but it's hard to teach through text. I don't know where you heard of points from, though. Try http://www.chess.com/ we can play there and it will help you.))

"Yeah. The knight-" Timothy pointed to the horse piece. "Is the only one that can jump over a piece in it's way. It moves the weirdest, like a capital L." Chess was really tough when you first started, but now all Timothy had trouble with was remembering the board set up.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

Stats : 33

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Avery could not find her quill so sh decided to go back to the arcade to maybe watch a couple games.Avery ran up to the 2nd floor and straight to the arcade and burst through the door.She hadn't even noticed her leg felt better and that she had been running.She saw Irene and Timothy sitting playing a game of chess at one of the nearby tables.
As Avery approached she felt something in her pocket getting heavier and heavier as she walked. Oh well she thought and sat down by the Ravenclaw girl, Jesse.
Now she knew what it was,she reached her hand in her pocket and pulled out a golden quill.There you are shouted Avery.And when she looked at her hand it was covered in ink. Oh well she said while pulling her cloak of,I wanted to just wear my sweater anyways.Hey Irene can I borrow some paper please?
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Timothy glanced up as Avery returned to the room, no longer limping. She sat by the chessboard to watch. Timothy flinched when she shouted.
"Oi, no need to shout, we're all right here." He grumbled, rubbing his ear. Apparently her quill had been in her robe pocket the entire time, and judging by her hand an inkpot had come unstoppered. He turned his head toward her fully when she asked for paper. Was she actually going to use the quill? In front of people?
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Can I borrow a paper someone?!?!?! Hello?!?!?! She asked getting annoyed
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Irene blinked and shook her head, clearing her thoughts. "Oh, yes, of course Avery, erm, are you certain this is a good idea?" she asked as she rummaged through her bag, searching for some parchment. "After all, there are other people here..." she darted a glance at Timothy and Jessie. They seemed like okay people, but everyone could be a little selfish and greedy sometimes, and Irene wasn't certain they could be trusted. In fact, she wasn't sure she herself could be trusted with a magical artifact like that.

Irene sighed and looked at Timothy, Jessie, and Avery. "One sec, guys." she ducked her head inside her bag and poked around some more, muttering to herself. Why on earth couldn't she find any parchment? This was getting very annoying. But at least Avery didn't seem too upset, although she was getting kind of impatient as well. Irene finally managed to retrieve a scrap of parchment from the corner of her bag and she hoped that the size of the drawing wouldn't affect the size of Spooker, if that's who or what Avery was planning to summon. Maybe she was doing a demonstration using something else, after all, it could be anything really.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Avery took the paper carefully from Irene's hand and started drawing, without using ink. The color of the marks were sparkly gold. She was sure that Irene already knew what she was drawing.
When she was finished she muttered some words and gave the paper back to Irene. Spooker was his normal size and looked as healthy as ever.he crawled up the back of her head then jumped onto
Irene's head
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Timothy openly stared as the quill wrote in shining gold without being dipped in ink, then a golden chameleon appeared on the paper and climbed up Avery, jumping to Irene's head.
"But- what did- how does that even work?" He spluttered.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Magic! Agic-agic-agic said Avery as if she was the Grand Canyon
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Timothy scowled and crossed his arms. This Avery was getting on his nerves. "Don't be a smartass. Do you know what spell was put on the quill? Where did you get something so powerful?" How could anyone stand her attitude?
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Well you know I AM a slytherin! AND I got it from my grandmother!
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

Stats : 838

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 pm

(I'm intruding on the RP to give a warning: Avery, just so that you are aware, you cannot take a quill and make what you draw come to life, especially when your character is only 13 years old. It's something that's considered godmodding, which is when your character more gifted/magically powerful than they should be.

Also, please do your best to but anything that your character says allowed in between quotes, like this:

"Can I borrow a paper someone?!?!?! Hello?!?!?!" She asked, getting annoyed.

Thank you!)
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsreborn.rpg-board.net
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Timothy raised his eyebrows at her and stood, stepping away from the chess game.
"You think being in Slytherin house gives you the right to mouth off to upperclassmen? Alright then, I didn't want to do this, but minus 1 house point from Slytherin for repeatedly disrespecting the Head Boy. Don't make me take any more." He was doing his best to keep calm. Focus on body language. His feet were slightly more apart than normal, he was fully facing Avery, arms crossed and shoulders squared, looking her straight in the eye. His kept his chin level, only looking down at her with his eyes. He was displaying every authority gesture he knew. Hopefully Avery would take the hint and back down. Hopefully he wasn't intimidating Irene and Jessie into being afraid of him.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:40 pm

" 1 point?!?!" Asked avery shocked "wow you are strict, NOT!" Avery said back
Back to top Go down
Timothy Carpenter
Head Boy
Timothy Carpenter

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Timothy swore his eyes bulged out of his head. Who was this brat and how did she end up in his house? His hands tightened into fists and he stepped closer to Avery, slightly invading her personal space.
"Losing house points doesn't affect you? How about a detention? Or maybe I'll take loads of house points and tell everyone that you lost them by being a spoiled prat and mouthing back to the Head Boy. Do you want all of Slytherin house to hate you? I can do it like that." He snapped his fingers. "You are out of your league and I suggest you back. Off." He growled the last two words. His heart was racing. He didn't give a whit about Irene or Jessie anymore, this Avery girl needed to learn some respect.
Back to top Go down
Avery Sparrow
3rd Year
Avery Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:57 pm

" and you'll sound like a tattle tale" said avery now in an angry tone.
Then she realized she had been raising her voice, " sorry."
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Irene watched the two Slytherins silently.  This was annoying, but it wasn't too bad yet.  Hopefully.  But she would stop it now, before the little flame grew into a wildfire. She stepped in between them.

"Listen to me, both of you." she glared at Timothy first, then Avery.  "Avery, take your punishment and be glad that you're not getting detention.  Timothy," she continued, trying not to sound like a professor but still firm, "don't you DARE smirk at her!  You provoke and nip at her, you both are purposefully attempting to start a fight and I CANNOT have that!  I know that I may be just a lowly regular Gryffindor," here she looked directly into Timothy's eyes, "And I may not be in your house," she looked then at Avery, "But here's what I will tell you.  I cannot dictate what both of you say or do.  But I can tell you that even though I am not a professor, a prefect, or a head girl, I HAVE SOME SENSE.  Or, at least enough to know not to pick a fight with anyone for no reason.  And don't tell met that the other person started it!  And don't you DARE tell me I'm interfering too much.  Avery, you got your quill back (now can it be that it only summons Spooker, would that be god modding?) and you got Spooker.  TImothy, you took you house points from your own house and you've got Avery all riled up.  Both of you, this is enough.  Now!"

Irene glared at them both again, then sighed inwardly.  She knew she sounded like she was being bossy and inconsiderate and controlling, but this was getting completely out of hand.  Slytherins were complicated she supposed, but this probably happened with Gryffindors as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]   A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A little Wizards' Chess goes a long way...[OPEN]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next