Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ollivander's Wand Shop

Go down 
+11
Madison Reid
otisopse
Alexandra Leoine
Alice Taji
Beatrice Smith
Alex Elizabeth
Haine Night
Elizabeth Cox
Jovi Alma
June Larkins
Eirina Naer
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

Stats : 838

Ollivander's Wand Shop Empty
PostSubject: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Ollivander's Wand Shop Olliva10

Ollivander's Wand Shop is the sole wand shop of Diagon Alley. Peeling gold letters over the door of the shop read: Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C.. The shop's display consists of a solitary wand laying on a faded purple cushion in the dusty window. The shop is tiny, empty except for a single, spindly chair in the corner. Thousands of narrow boxes containing wands are piled right up to the ceiling of the tiny shop, and the whole place has a thin layer of dust about it.

Garrick Ollivander is no longer the shop owner, for he passed away many years ago. His middle aged son, Henry Ollivander, who also goes by Mr. Ollivander.

Last edited by Eirina Naer on Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsreborn.rpg-board.net
June Larkins
1st Year
June Larkins

Stats : 202

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 pm

*walks in carrying a cat carrier and glances around*

Mom must still be shopping.

*sees one wand box sitting out in the open, away from the several others. There's a tag on it that says June's name*

I guess they knew we were coming, considering we requested a specific wand..

*picks the wand box up, knowing her mother had already paid for it in advance*
Back to top Go down
June Larkins
1st Year
June Larkins

Stats : 202

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:45 pm

*sighs and walks out*
Back to top Go down
Jovi Alma
4th Year
Jovi Alma

Stats : 184
Location : Searching the world for somebody who will love me as I am

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:57 pm

*Runs into the shop*

"Hi, I need to pick up my want? My name is Jovianne Alma. I tried it out earlier today, but I didn't have the money,"

*He gives her a wand out of a black box. She hands him the money and runs out*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Cox
2nd Year
Elizabeth Cox

Stats : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:30 am

Elizabeth walked in, balancing all of her supplies and an extra tome in her arms. Her Kitten, who she had decided to name Ozzy, was laying asleep across her shoulders. Placing her items on the counter, she looked to Olivander. "S-Sir, I believe you have my w-wand?" Olivander smiled kindly at the shy girl and handed her a willow wand. Elizabeth nodded in gratitude, for her arms were full again. Rushing out, Elizabeth went back onto the streets.
Back to top Go down
Haine Night
Prefect: 6th Year
Haine Night

Stats : 862

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:44 am

Haine quietly trotted in, and hopped over the door stopper lazily while seeing the sop owner; Olivander there putting away some wands on one of the many shelves.

"Hi-hi." Haine greeted then let out a tired breath, Olivander lightly tapped his head on the shelf above causing him to yelp a grunt. Haine blinked in slight surprise but shrugged it off watching him step down the ladder and wander to his podium where some large, thick; dusted books were.

"May i help ya miss?" He asked grinning kindly, Haine had smiled at how kind he seemed and nodded lazily.

"My wand, sir." She stated casually.

"Ah." He held up a finger in a 'wait a minute' motion and wandered back to one of the shelves pulling out a small box. Haine gently grasped it in her frail hands and opened it to reveal a reddish toned wand, she lightly held it in-between her index and thumb curiously. She swished it once causing a few boxes to fly out of their place. "Hm . .not this one." Olivander blinked while scratching his head in question and took the box from her grasp setting it on his podium looking for another.

- - - - -

"It seems you've went through half my shop dear." He sighed to her as she sat on the floor casually, her wool hat in her hands as she stretched it occasionally.

"It seems i've had . ." She smiled in apology, but he held up his hand in idea.

"Maybe, there's one." He muttered rubbing his chin and turned around scampering somewhere else, getting deeper in the back of his shop and pulled out one box smiling cheerfully. "This one, it just has to be." He nodded as she pulled the wand out and swished it once, and blinked feeling a rush of wind. "Y'see? I told ya it was, ain' it!" He grinned, she smiled in thanks to him and payed him the money thanking him for his time then left the shop with now a wand to use for school.
Back to top Go down
Alex Elizabeth
2nd Year

Stats : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:58 pm

I walk in look at my list to see I need a wand and I reach the counter and a man hands me a box
"you are alex correct"
I look at him and smile
"that's me....is this my wand?"
he nods I take the box and shrug then leave
Back to top Go down
Beatrice Smith
5th Year

Stats : 177

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Beatrice walks in, and looks around. Olivander slides to the front from is rolling ladder. Beatrice blinks, and jumps back a bit.

"Ha, hello." He greeted kindly.

"Hello," Beatrice said smiling. "I'm here for my wand?"

He smiled, and pushed the ladder back to rows of boxes. Beatrice lead over the podium, to see what he was doing. She quickly steps away from the podium when he came back, holding out a box to her.

"Try this one." He said, smiling.

Beatrice nods, and takes a deep breath. She stands their, focusing on the wand. She stands their waiting for it to do something. Olivander gives her a weird look.

"Give it a wave, my dear." He said, gently.

Beatrice blinks and nods, feeling a bit dumb. She swished it, making glass crack. Beatrice blinks, and quickly puts the wand back before it broke anything else.

"Sorry." She said, looking down a bit.

"No no, it's alright." He sighed, and walked back to the rows of boxes.

----

Beatrice tried about a million wands it seems, but she was determined to find the right wand. She puffed out her cheeks frustrated, and puts the wand back.

"I don't think there's one for me." Beatrice said, sadly.

"Non-sense, child." Olivander scoffed. "Will find you one, soon." He turns and walked back to the rows of boxes.

Beatrice sighed, ready to give up, when he came back, with a smile.

"It's this one! I have a feeling!" Olivander said, getting excited. He hands her the wand.

Beatrice wasn't going to get her hopes up and sighs, taking the wand. She blinks as she had this little tingle from the wand, and a bit of wind. Beatrice blinked, and holds the wand back to him.

"Is it not it?" She asked, confused.

Olivander smiled, and pushes it back to her. "It's the right one, my dear."

Beatrice smiled brightly, and purchases her wand. "Thank you, so much sir." She said, smiling.

"Anytime." He smiled back.

Beatrice smiles, and leaves.

Back to top Go down
Alice Taji
1st Year
Alice Taji

Stats : 55

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Alice slowly opened the door and walked in quietly. Making sure her umbrella did not hit anything, she curtsied gracefully nodding at the shopkeeper "Alice Taji, a pleasure to meet you sir." she looked at him with an innocent smile "I was sent here to recieve my wand. I'd be very grateful if you could give it to me."
She watched the shopkeeper nod as he handed her the box with Alice's wand. "I thank you, good sir." Alice said as she curtsied again and left holding the box in her left hand and holding the umbrella with her right hand as it leaned on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

Stats : 361

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 pm

A miniature griffin flew through the window and a purple envelope in it's beak. It gracefully landed on Olivander's out-stretched arm and released it's grip on the note as he tugged gently on the parchment.

Dear Mr Olivander,
I give you my sincerest apologies that I cannot pick up my wand personally due to time restraints. However, if you would be so kind as to place the wand (inside it's case please) in this griffin's beak, it will - without fail - deliver your piece of craftsmanship to me.
Enclosed in this envelope is the remaining payment for the wand.

Thank you,
Alexandra Leoine.

He gave a soft laugh at her determination to keep her side of the deal. But he had to admit that he abilities of improvisation to make do with what she had was quite refreshing.
He slipped the money onto the counter-top and deposited the wand in the beak of the tiny creature. Within seconds, it was in the sky again and on it's way.
Back to top Go down
otisopse

otisopse

Stats : 125

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 am

He walked into the dusty shop and pulled his hood down so that he could see more clearly. An old man sat at a desk and was currently making a wand. Damianos leaned against a wall and watched, fascinated with the man's skills.
"You're not here to buy a wand." the man stated, not looking up from his work.
Damianos bit back a grin at Ollivander's quick analyzation of himself. "No. I was bored and went into the first shop I saw when I was walking along the street."
The old man nodded and continued his work. "I'm closing the shop in an hour or so, until then, feel free to look around. Just don't break anything." he added as an afterthought.
Continuing to watch him work, Damianos focused on the work Ollivander was doing.
Back to top Go down
otisopse

otisopse

Stats : 125

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 am

Ollivander finished up his work and gestured to the door as he tidied up the shop for closing time. Damianos nodded and took his leave, walking out the door and apparating to his apartment.
Back to top Go down
Madison Reid
Deputy Headmistress
Madison Reid

Stats : 407

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:01 pm

*Madison walked in and glanced around to see Ollivander*

"Well, I haven't seen you in awhile professor." Ollivander smiled, "What can I do for you Miss Reid?"

*with a nod, she showed him her wand fragments*

"Ran into a bit of trouble. I'm afraid I need a new wand."
Back to top Go down
Madison Reid
Deputy Headmistress
Madison Reid

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:04 pm

*Ollivander gave her a stern look, but then retreated into his stock* "I'm sure I have another Myrtle wood around here somewhere..."

*Madison smiled a little. The idea of having her replacement wand similar to her old one helped boost her mood a bit, even if she was still a little sore from yesterday*
Back to top Go down
Madison Reid
Deputy Headmistress
Madison Reid

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:10 pm

*Ollivander returned to her, handing her a box. Pocketing her wand fragments, she opened the box and picked up the wand gently. It was simple with a few grooves at the end to help its user keep a better grip, and it was tinted black*

"Same wood, same core." Ollivander said simply as the wand reacted splendidly to Madison*

"Thank you so much." Madison smiled, then handed him her payment, gave a small farewell and left*
Back to top Go down
Sylvianne Sharphawk
3rd Year
Sylvianne Sharphawk

Stats : 10
Location : Muggle World (for Christmas Break only, I'll be back at Hogwarts)

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Sylvianne entered Ollivander's Wand Shop, she was eager to see what wand would fit her, she would be studying at Hogwarts this year.

"Well hello there young lady, are you here to buy your own wand?" said Ollivander giggling.

"Yes, sir," said Sylvianne in a loud voice. She was very excited.

"Oh yes, yes, come right here, right-handed are we?". Ollivander took a measuring tape with which she measured the height of the girl.

"Hmm, 5'3"... right, I have just the wand for you, Hawthorn, 10", Dragon Heartstring," mused Ollivander.

Sylvianne tried the wand, but it just blasted itself off her hand.

"Oh dear. Let's see, try this wand, Sycamore, 9 1/2", Unicorn Hair".

Again, Sylvianne tried the wand. Unfortunately, it didn't even do anything. As if it were just a stick.

"My, my, such a unique child we have here, and I have just the unique wand for you here. It's my very first make, so I do hope you have good effects".

Almost immediately, the wand made bursts of several colors against the wall.

"Splendid, my dear, just splendid! That, is made of Rosewood, 10 3/4", Veela Hair core. It is my very first time to use a core of that sort., so make the best out of it".

"Th-Thank you Mr. Ollivander," said Sylvianne. She handed the money to Ollivander and gleefully left the store.

Last edited by Sylvianne on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:49 pm

(Please fill out a character application/template here before roleplaying, thank you!

https://hogwartsreborn.rpg-board.net/registration-waiting-approval-f4/character-template-t2.htm )
Back to top Go down
Sylvianne Sharphawk
3rd Year
Sylvianne Sharphawk

Stats : 10
Location : Muggle World (for Christmas Break only, I'll be back at Hogwarts)

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:55 am

(Done, I'm really sorry by the way. I hope I can make it up to you)
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 am

(Oh no, don't be sorry!! it's perfectly fine, thank you!)
Back to top Go down
Lamia Bontrolva
Primary

Stats : 338

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 am

Lamia strode in, she looked like an oversized Lethifold, in her cloak and hood. She licked her lips as she saw that Ollivander looked slightly startled...

"I'm here for a wand, mine was...misplaced" she drawled.

"I-er-need to-"he coughed"pull your hood down please"

Lamia made no such movement. She just cocked her head to the right, "Bontrolva"

He faltered and ran a hand through his wispy hand, "Y-Yes"he looked around to make sure they were alone, "F-follow me" he headed off further into the shop...

Lamia followed as if she was his shadow.

He stopped when he reached the furthest shelf, he hastily climbed up the ladder, slipping on the rungs at occasional times. He thrust a trembling hand into the top shelf pulling out a dusty leather tome.

Lamia licked her lips as he brought it down and followed him to the closest desk. She snarled as the book was treated so carelessly as he put it on the table.

He cringed and gently flipped it open to a page where there were no more spidery handwriting...He held out a small blade and motioned it towards a small inkpot, "Y-You'll need to give b-bloo-"

"I know"she hissed irritated...However instead of reaching for the knife, she picked up a quill. She slashed it across the top of her hand. She gritted her teeth, yet carried on. It was the quickest way.

He cringed as he saw her dip the nib into the slash on her hand, using it as an inkwell, and write her name on the yellowed page.

Lamia Bontrolva.

He gulped and waited a few seconds.

She gave an irritated sigh, she knew what was going to happen.

The words stayed.

Ollivander gulped and looked up, "So Mrs-"

"-Miss"she growled.

He took a shakey breath. "Miss Bontrolva, describe your wand..."

"9.5", polished black Willow, bladed-"she listed

"-Lamia, Lamia Bontrolva"Ollivander nodded as the memory flooded back, "a peculiar shaped wand i must say-"

"-Veela hair"her expression darkened, obviously not liking being interrupted.

He gulped.

"What?!?"

"I-err-I've run out of Veela hair..."he droned off.

Lamia bit her lip and headed for the door, "Soon you won't"she hissed, disapparating off to Bulgaria, in search of a Veela...

Back to top Go down
Ruxandra Periwinkle
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Ruxandra Periwinkle

Stats : 80

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:18 am

*comes in to pick up my pre-ordered wand*
m-my aunt already paid... It's a 13 inch ashwood with a veela hair core...

*he hands me the wand and smiles, I then run out*
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://michell.mendenhall@gmail.com
Dorian Pendragon
1st Year
Dorian Pendragon

Stats : 6

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 am

*Runs into the shop ahead of his parents.*
*Slows down and stops, looking around in wonder..*

"Wow, this place is so cool! I want a super strong wand, hope it looks cool."
"Ahh, my dear boy," Ollivander says from behind the counter. "Once your wand chooses you, it will become the only thing in your eyes. You will cherish it always."

*The parents walk in looking nervous."

"We're so sorry for him barging in like this Ollivander," William Pendragon apologizes. "We should be leaving now."

"But dad! We haven't gotten my wand yet!" Dorian complains.

"The boy is right. All we need are some measurements..."
*Ollivander snaps his fingers and two measuring tapes fly out from under the counter and begin measuring Dorian*

"But...but.." William and Alice try to interrupt.

*Ollivander humming to himself, rushes off into the back.*
"This should be quick," he says to himself.

*He comes back to find that the measuring tapes are still going at it and Dorian is laughing as one tickles him under the chin*

*Ollivander snaps his fingers and the tapes fall to the ground.*

Dorian glances at the thin box in the shopkeepers' hands, "Is that my wand?" He asks excitedly.
"Indeed, it might be."

"Ollivander," says William. "Stop this right now. He's had a wand since birth."
"William!" Alice exclaimed. "We agreed not to mention this to anyone!"

"Wait, what wand? Since I was born?" Dorian was confused. "How come no one ever told me about this?"

But the adults ignored him.
"A wand, William? I wonder..." Ollivander pondered for a moment,"Tell me, how did you come by this so-called, wand?"

William began, "It was the night after my son was born, a hooded figure came up to us and gave us a wand saying it was Dorians' destiny to have it and use it."

"Curious...very curious." Ollivander thought for a moment, "Could it be? No, that's not possible...very dangerous thing to give to a child. I say, William, do you have this wand with you?"
"Well," He faltered, "Yes, we were going to give it to him as we were told to do many years ago . . .but we're not sure now." William glanced over at his wife. Alice looked glum.

"Nonsense!" Ollivander boomed. "Well, bring it out. Let us all see this wand of destiny."

Alice produces a long thin box much like Ollivanders' wand boxes but completely white.
Placing it on the counter, she takes a step back.

Dorian stands to the side just as confused as ever.

Ollivander watches the parents waiting for one of them to open it.
No one moved an inch. Running up to the counter, Dorian says, "I'LL open it. It IS my wand after all."

"Dorian, wait!"

Dorian takes the lid off of the box and laying there, on a bed of red velvet, was the wand.
Ollivander looked shocked. "Impossible.." he kept saying.

"Is something wrong with it?" Dorian asked.

"Curious.." Ollivander whispered to himself. He picked up the wand carefully with his fingertips turning it this way and that. He mumbled to himself, "14, no, 15 and a quarter inches, Elder wood. Can't be sure of the core. I detect phoenix feather but it feels different, somehow. This must be it...."

Dorian stared at the old man like he'd gone bonkers asking his parents, "Is he like this with every wand?"

But his parents were focusing on Ollivander who was mumbling to himself.
Dorian interrupted him by asking, "Er, Mr. Ollivander sir? I was wondering if I can hold it?"

The shopkeeper looked sharply at the boy, then relaxed and said, "Why yes, yes of course my dear boy. Just hold it comfortably." Ollivander handed the wand gingerly to the young boy.

Dorian took it and something strange happened. Dorian noticed a huge gust of wind swirling around him faster and faster and just as suddenly, it stopped.

Dorian looked up at his parents and Ollivander knowing this was his wand. That it had chosen him.

The adults were rooted to the spot. Never had they seen such a thing. Of course there is the general wind when you grab your wand but something else happened that Dorian himself didn't seem to notice. His whole body lit up as if he were on fire and he levitated, actually levitated!, about a foot off the floor.

Ollivander repeated, "...very curious, indeed..."

Dorian was ecstatic. "Sorry sir, but, what's curious, exactly?"

"It's curious, Mr. Pendragon, that you should be destined for this wand, when it's brother, gave you that scar..." Ollivander said mysteriously.

"Umm, sir? I don't have a scar. Anywhere. At all."

"Only trying to lighten the mood, my boy!" Ollivander laughed.
"But on a more serious note, I believe your wand here, has many similarities with the fabled Elder Wand."

Mr. and Mrs. Pendragon gasped. "But that wand was destroyed years ago!" William said hurriedly.

"I believe so, yet there is a legend of a second wand. But that's a story for another time."
Ollivander finished.

"Good luck Dorian, in Hogwarts. These are dangerous times. You've got to keep yer wits about you boy." Ollivander smiled warmly.

William said, "Thank you, Ollivander. We'll be seeing you."

Dorian bounced out of the shop excitedly. This is gonna be one fun school year!

(Sorry, =/. I got a tad bit carried away. Ahaha.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ollivander's Wand Shop   Ollivander's Wand Shop Empty

Back to top Go down

Ollivander's Wand Shop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG :: Wizarding World :: Diagon Alley-
Jump to: