Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

Stats : 455

A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year) Empty
PostSubject: A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)   A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:07 pm

"Mum, what's left on the list?" Emma asked as she and her mother stepped out of the book shop. Her mother had a bundle of books in her arms, while Emma had a cauldron with all her other supplies stashed inside.

"I believe all you need is a wand now dearie." Her mother replied, only going off her memory. She didn't have enough hands to pull the list out of her coat.

"Where do you think we'll find one of those?" Emma asked.

"Maybe we should ask someone." Her mother suggested, as the two of them made their way down the street.

Last edited by Emma Hawkwood on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)   A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:45 pm

"Excuse me?" Emma spoke up as she spotted another kid such as herself, accompanied by both his parents. They all paused and looked to her as she spoke, "Do you know where we can get a wand?"

The kid smiled, "Oh that's easy! I just got mine from Olivander's. Over..." He pointed in a general direction, "There!"

His mother giggled, giving a more specific direction, "Just head down the street and its to your right. Just look for the sign, can't miss it."

"Thank you!" Emma replied, and off she and her mother went. Just as the lady said, there it was; Olivander's Wand Shop. But the two stepped inside, only to see another kid was being helped. He had short blond hair, and was maybe a smidgen taller than little 11 year old Emma. He was the same age no doubt, but did Emma have to be so darn short? Emma sighed.

The boy waited patiently as a wrinkly old man behind the counter set a box in front of him, "Try that one."

The boy picked up the wand with his hand and lifted it up, and a breeze kicked up around him when there were no open windows. Emma's eyes grew wide as the wind subsided. Would her wand do something as crazy as that? Her mother seemed just as confused as she was.
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)   A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:15 pm

"Splendid! Off you go then!" The old man told the boy, who then exited, but not without first smirking proudly at Emma. She frowned and furrowed her eyebrows, but nonetheless, she approached the old man next.

"May I have a wand too please?"

"Certainly. Your name, miss?"

She smiled, "Oh, sorry. Emma. Emma Hawkwood."

"Good to meet you Miss Hawkwood, and welcome to my shop! Now, if you could just bare with me for a moment..." He said as he pulled out a measuring tape, and with a snap, it unreeled itself and loosely trailed down Emma's arm, measuring how long her arm was. "Right then." He said as he vanished into the aisles upon aisles of boxes.

Emma glanced back at her mother, who simply shrugged. When she looked back, the old man- Olivander- had returned with a box. He opened it and said, "Try this."
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)   A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:27 pm

She picked up the wand that was inside, a light-colored wood with a smooth surface, and ran her thumb along its side, "Is this good?"

"Try giving it a flick, dear." The old man suggested, and that's just what Emma did... only to have the wand shoot out of her hand like a cannon and soar through into the back of the store. Emma cringed as the sound of glass shattering followed thereafter.

"No, that certainly won't do..." The old man said with a thoughtful frown, though he didn't seem too concerned with what might have been damaged in his shop. "Let me see..." He said as he hobbled back into his aisles of boxes. This time Emma was left waiting longer than the last time, but when he returned, he had a smile on his face once again. "Here." He said, as he opened the second box.
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)   A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Emma gave a lopsided grin as she picked the wand up out of the box, delighted by its appearance. It was about 10 inches long, and it had a quirky little bend where the handle should be- the shaft, is what a normal wizard would call it. But once it was in her hand, it started to glow where she had placed her hand and fingers. Emma's lopsided grin turned to a full set one as she watched the magic unfold. And when it stopped, she exclaimed, "That was so cool!!!"

The old man chuckled, "Yes, I thought so. A lucky wand for a lucky girl." He said. What he meant, however, Emma hardly was paying attention. "10 inches, Lignum Vitae wood, with a Unicorn Tail Hair for the core. Yes, this wand has been waiting a long time for you." He said with a smile.

But he was only confusing young Emma. So unicorns were real? And do wands typically wait around, let alone do anything? Emma didn't quite like the idea of holding something that was alive in the palm of her hand. Especially since it was made of wood.
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)   A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Finally, her mother entered the conversation again, "So how much do we owe you Mr. Olivander?"

He smiled as he looked to the woman, pondering on her question. "Tell you what." He said as he looked back to Emma, "Just give me one small knut, and that'll do."

Her mother started rummaging through her purse, where all the coins they got from the exchange at the bank had spilled into, "Which one was the nut again, dear?" She asked her child, hoping she would have remembered better than her.

Emma thought for a moment, and then checked her pocket. Then, she pulled out a coin, and asked, "Is this it, sir?" Emma had simply been playing with it earlier and had put it in her pocket until it had further use.

"Why yes, that is it!" He said as he took the knut, "Thank you Miss Hawkwood."

After they had finished in the shop, Emma and her mother stepped back out onto the street.

"Look out Hogwarts, here I come!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)   A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lucky Wand for a Lucky Girl (Emma's First Year)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG :: Wizarding World :: Diagon Alley-
Jump to: