Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You are...who, again? {Ryan}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ryan Kingsley

Ryan Kingsley

Stats : 8

You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Ryan looked at her kind of astonished. He sat back and chuckled. He knew that she was loosening up from the wine. He hoped that she knew what she was doing.

"Feeling kind of brave are you?" He downed the last of his Firewhiskey and clenched his teeth with a clearing of his throat. His vision was growing kind of fuzzy but it was still clear enough to be aware of his senses. He knew it would be best if he stopped for now.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta
Head of House: Hufflepuff
Eleonora Valenta

Stats : 164

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:45 am

Brave was never a trait used to describe Eleonora and she was a bit taken back when Ryan mentioned it. Surely he must be joking; there was nothing she could see in herself that was remotely brave in this situation. She was just stating, or more requesting, her intrigue in him. Was he trying to tell her that he was dangerous?

Eleonora shook her head slowly, trying to clear the fog that was descending more quickly now that her second glass of wine was half gone. Another joke, perhaps? Or if he was saying he was someone who happened to be dangerous, well, him just saying that proved he had some sort of respect and care for others by telling them before hand. It all was very confusing to her and not something her increasingly addled mind wanted to focus on. Instead she just smiled and carelessly twirled her hair around her fingers.

“I'm not brave...just curious. And you're...um, you're...” She bit her lip, another slight blush creeping up her cheeks. What was she trying to say again? “You're one of the first people not in the school I've talked to in a while. It's nice.”
Back to top Go down
Ryan Kingsley

Ryan Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 5:14 pm

He couldn't help but smile at her. "There is nothing wrong with being curious.....at times." He trailed off a bit. He got slightly distracted but shook it away.

He cleared his throat again with an "ahem" and continued talking. "Your one of the only people i have talked to in a while and it's nice."

He looked out as the weather outside as it seemed to change direction and take on a new form. He couldn't tell what was to come but the sky seemed to darken slightly. It seemed like something you wouldn't notice but it caught his attention but he decided not to pursue it any further.

He was enjoying himself being in Nora's company. It was different from his visits here alone. He often came here and sat for hours with himself having a couple rounds of drinks and going home to an empty house. He had to be truthful and say to himself that he was glad that he had met her today. If he hadn't it probably would have been the same as any other day. He moved his glass side to side just to have something to do with his hands. Something he did often when he had nothing else to do. It had become a habit of his.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Ryan's answering smile was a relief and it transformed him from the snake she had just seen into something less threatening. She felt the corners of her lips turn up in response, as if his smile was contagious.

“We have something in common then...we both must be kind of shut ins.” Eleonora said, half joking. She wondered if Ryan was lonely, seeing as he mentioned being by myself and not getting out much. She didn't think he would be; he was confident and held himself in a manner that seemed so at ease. If he ever was lonely for lack of interaction she would be surprised. It almost made her envy him, but she pushed away the feeling as quick as it came.

Ryan was now fiddling with his glass and Eleonora watched for a moment before turning away and reaching her hands into the bag she had set down beside her. She pulled out a large piece of fudge recently acquired from Honeydukes right before she had ran into Ryan. She had planned to enjoy it while curled up with a book in her office but sharing it with him now sounded much more appealing.

“Would you like to share this with me?” She asked sweetly, her gentle smile reaching her eyes. The warmth and quiet buzz of constant chatter from around the room was lulling her into a fine mood, one where she felt safe and relaxed. Her cheeks felt comfortably warm, a side effect of the wine, and the blurred edges of her vision let her focus more on the man in front of her, which was just fine.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Kingsley

Ryan Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:39 am

Hearing the joke leave her mouth made him laugh. He hadn't felt like this in a long time, maybe not since school and it felt good.
"Yea, I may be classified as a shut in."

As he continued to fiddle with his glass he watched as she reached into her bag to retrieve something. She pulled out fudge that could only have come from one place. Honeydukes. When he heard her ask if he would like to share he slightly hesitated but couldn't resist the urge. He had always loved the taste of fudge from there the few times he had it?

"I would love to share with you." He didn't know if spending time with Nora was a bad thing but he didn't care. He missed conversations with people but that disappeared a while back and it seemed like it was never coming back.

"I don't remember if I have said this but I am really enjoying this."
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:09 am

The warm feeling rushing through her cheeks due to the effects of the wine deepened and she knew it was because of Ryan's words, that he was enjoying spending his afternoon in her company. How simple a statement, but how delightful it made her feel. Her lips parted in a grin as she carefully unwrapped the fudge, breaking it into two. With one hand she reached across the table, handing it over to Ryan. She felt her fingertips brush accidentally against his palm as she placed the sweets in his hand.

“Sorry,” she mumbled automatically as she drew her hand back to her, embarrassed. She absently tugged the sleeves of her sweater farther down her wrists and busied herself with breaking off a small piece of fudge and slipping it past her lips. The rich taste of the chocolate permeated her mouth and she sighed slightly, luxuriating in the creamy flavor that paired so well with the little sip of wine left in her glass.

“I'm glad you're enjoying yourself,” Eleonora said after the chocolate had at last melted its way out of existence. “I'm having a nice time, too.” It was true, though Eleonora was not sure how to word her feelings any better than that. “Ryan, so....What do you like? You know, other than drinking with a stranger.” He still had not told her much about himself, and Eleonora wanted to change that. She would love to know all that he wished to tell; she was eager to listen and learn.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Kingsley

Ryan Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:25 am

Ryan gratefully accepted the piece of fudge. He didn't notice that her hand grazed his palm until he noticed her movement of embarrassment followed by a sorry. He couldn't help but smile at her.

"Again, no need to apologize." He was surprised that someone like the woman that sat in front of him could stand to stay around someone like him. No one bothered with him or took the chance to be in close proximity of him unless they absolutely had to. He wasn't going to let this chance go to waste.

"I'm glad that you are enjoying yourself as well. I would feel bad if you didn't."

He took a small bite of the fudge and began to chew slowly enjoying the taste. With hearing the question of what he liked he nearly choked on his food. He swallowed the remaining fudge he had in his mouth and let out a cough. He was surprised by the question but he was not going to let her go without an answer.

"um, I guess i like being outside. Anywhere I can be away from everything and just be with myself for a little while. I enjoy the thrill that comes from adventure, being on edge never knowing what is around the corner." He let out a low chuckle before continuing. "You always need a little danger in your life or for me it gets boring."

He took another bite of the fudge. He didn't know how long it had been since he had really sat down and had something sweet to eat and now sitting here eating this piece of fudge he knew how much he was missing out on.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Eleonora watched as Ryan seemed to choke on the fudge, surprised at something? “Are you alright?” She asked, a look of concern on her face. She pushed one of the glasses of water that had been set on the table along with the alcohol closer to him, in case he needed some.

“I know what you mean, about being outside away from everything,” Eleonora started, glad to have something else in common with Ryan. “I spend most of my free time out in the forests or hills around here. There are some beautiful spots...I could show you some sometime.” As she said this Eleonora averted her gaze from Ryan, suddenly very interested in the small swallow of wine left in her glass. She had surprised herself by her boldness, uncertain why she would say such a thing. It would be nice to have a companion other than Polaris when she went wandering the grounds, but thinking that Ryan would be interested...well, it seemed like a long shot to hope so.

“I'm afraid I'm not very dangerous though, I wouldn't want to bore you,” Eleonora said quickly, trying to joke off her proposition. She looked back to Ryan, her blue eyes meeting his with another warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Kingsley

Ryan Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Ryan took a large sip from his glass that sat in front of him. He was slightly delighted about the fact that she had offered to show him places with her. His heart was feeling rather different. Usually it only felt this way around people he actually cared for, which was rare since the only person he truely cared for was his grandmother and he was sure she was the only one who cared for him.

He noticed that she was not the kind of person to ask this sort of thing by the way she adverted her eyes away from him as soon as she said it.

"I'm pretty sure you couldn't bore me, you seem far more interesting than anyone i have known.  I would love for you to show me where you spend you free time, if it wouldn't be that much trouble on your part."

He drank the rest of his drink and sat back in his chair once again leaning as far back as the chair would let him. He could tell that she was slightly uncomfortable of what he saw and didn't want to make the situation anymore awkward than he felt.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:02 pm

“Thank you...” she managed, uncertain how to respond to his comment about her being interesting. No one ever thought she was interesting, or at least no one ever mentioned it. “It's no trouble at all, I am just glad to find someone who enjoys being out there as much as I do.”

She looked down at his empty glass and then hers. Had she really drank two glasses of wine already? She could feel the warmth in her cheeks and her chest, a comfortable heat that made her sleepy in the cozy bar. Glacning out the windows the caught sight of the sun making its descent into the horizon and the beginning of dark hues of blue spreading across the sky. They must have been sitting together for a while, now. Eleonora decided it would be wise to head back to the school now before it got dark and the night chill set it.

“I should probably head back, I've got some papers to grade,” she said as she gathered her coat and stood up. The room swam before her eyes momentarily and she swayed, placing her hand on the table for support. Perhaps she had drank more than she thought. She laughed and brushed her hair from her face with her free hand, careful to let her vision remain normal. “It might take me a while to walk back this way, anyway.”
Back to top Go down
Ryan Kingsley

Ryan Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:57 am

Ryan stood up rather fast but doing well at keeping his balance. He didnt want to go home just yet. The silent walls of his house so alone and dismal. It could wait.

"Please, let me walk you back. I would enjoy the company and you shouldnt have to walk alone."

He helped her keep her balance so she wouldnt fall. It have been a long and enjoyable evening and it was ending way too fast.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 1:05 am

“Oh, sure, yes. That would be nice.” She smiled over the table at Ryan as he offered to walk her back to the school's  gates. Usually she would prefer to make the journey on her own but he seemed to have no ill intent and he had already proven to be kind to her. When he walked over to her and reached an arm around her to help keep her balance, however, she stiffened. Her worry that he would feel the scars raised on her arm and her general aversion to strangers being so near made it hard for her to relax, but the stability his body offered was pleasant.

As they exited the pub and began to walk the streets of Hogsmeade Eleonora began to feel more comfortable. The open air around her and the smell of trees added to the surge of happiness she was feeling. The day had turned out to be exactly what she had been looking for; a distraction from her tumultuous feelings. She owed a word of gratitude to Ryan, who had helped her loosen up a bit.

The coldness of the darkening sky was making her cheeks rosy and Eleonora unconsciously relaxed herself closer to Ryan's warmth. She turned her head up and smiled, her eyes taking a moment longer to focus on him than they would have if she had not been feeling the effects of the alcohol. “Thank you for being such a gentlemen. I'm used to walking alone at night...most of the time.” Her eyes unfocused again, this time in memory of the nights she had spent walking in the dark with a man very unlike Ryan. Shaking her head, Eleonora dismissed the thoughts of Sorrow. “I'm tougher than everyone thinks, you know. Oh, but, you wouldn't know. You look tough, too. Kind of like a basilisk.” She giggled then, nearly tripping over her boots in the cobbled street; she was rambling on but it felt natural, the way she always got when she drank too much.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Kingsley

Ryan Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:24 pm

Walking with Eleonora was enjoyable. It was better than walking home alone. Although he would have to make the long journey back home he didn't mind.

"You don't have to thank me it was a pleasure." The effects of the alcohol were slowly diminishing but were still ever so present. The moonlight streamed down onto the cobblestone lining the street and left shadows along it and it made him smile to see the moonlight again. It had been a while since he had been out to see it. He quickly turned his attention back to Eleonora just catching what she had said. At the comment he couldn't help but burst out laughing, his deep voice resonating loudly.

"A basilisk. Really!? Oh wow. That's something." He watched as she nearly tripped and got ready to catch her if she fell. Thankfully she didn't. He didn't know if she did fall if he would be able to stay on his feet.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 1:28 am

Ryan's laugh echoed in the empty streets, deep and warm and infectious. Eleonora felt the corners of her mouth turn up, too, and she laughed lightly along with him, realizing how silly her comment must have sounded. It was true though; she often compared people to animals in her mind. When she thought of what she would be it was always something less threatening, like a mouse or a rabbit living underground.

By the time they reached the large gates that opened onto the grounds of Hogwarts Eleonora was feeling the effects of the alcohol fade from her mind. The cold air and exercise had helped to eliminate the buzz in her head and the sway in her step. With it, her natural shy disposition had returned. While she had enjoyed her evening with Ryan she also some how felt even lonelier now than she had before. The through of returning to her dark office was daunting.

“Well, this is where I live. Work. Thanks again, for walking me back, and for the drink. I, um...well, you know where I'll be if you would like to talk again.” Her eyes flicked back and forth from his face to the gate, uncertain how to end their encounter. She could use with a new friend, and Ryan seemed like a good candidate. She just hoped she was sending the right signals, for making friends was not something she had much practice with.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Kingsley

Ryan Kingsley

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Ryan was enjoying himself and was a little saddened to have the night end so abruptly but he knew it was late and it was well past time for him to turn in since he had such a long walk back. He turned towards Eleonora with a wide genuine grin on his face to show that he had a nice time.

" I do so hope that we do this again my lady." And with that he did a small bow trying to compress his laughter and took her hand and kissed it. "Your company was much enjoyed." With that he turned to leave, his coat blowing in the wind and a smirk that seemed to never leave his face.

(Sorry  about not responding to this thread and finishing I forgot it was unfinished until i was looking through them.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You are...who, again? {Ryan}   You are...who, again? {Ryan} - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

You are...who, again? {Ryan}
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2