Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

Stats : 68

Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} Empty
PostSubject: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:43 am

Landon sat with his head in his hands, fingers wrapped in his messed hair. Brown eyes shut tight against the sun as it shone through the trees and landed in dappled shadows on his seated form. His head wasn't bothering him now, thankfully, but the pressure of his palms felt good against his temples. If he could press hard enough maybe he could contain the flashes that plagued him now and again, keep the feelings at bay stuck inside with no room for escape.

The odd sensations that had started after his accident were increasing lately. No more than once a week but a definite increase since their birth. It started the same every time. A fog overtook his mind, began to coat his thoughts until they were blurry and unidentifiable. The pain would start then. At first just a slight tug, dull and easy to ignore. A wave of vertigo like sensations would crash into him after that, along with the indisputable feeling that everything was wrong. It would tear into his mind, ripping apart his constructed memories, searching for something...something he knew was there but hidden.

The feeling would pass. A shock like a bolt of lightening would clear the fog and Landon would be left with a searing headache but nothing more. The impression that his life was all wrong, that something lurked in the darkened corners of his mind would be gone. Landon had became skilled at laughing these episodes off, attributing them to stress, hunger, fatigue-anything but reality.

Still, it was worrisome. Some time had passed since Landon had last tried to regain his memories in any way other than the simple passage of time. Perhaps it was time to start the search for answers again, if there were any to find.

He had learned from a friend at St. Mungo's of a new group forming for those with his affliction; those whose memories were lost to them. While these functions and meetings had long since given Landon any hope he was not beyond inquiring about them. When he asked about how this particular group functioned he was told that members tended to meet one on one or in small groups, feeling that a closer personal connection tended to make one feel more comfortable and thus more open to their deeper feelings and memories. Many times Landon had been with people whom he considered close and not once did any memory resurface so he had his own theories on their method, but that undying spark of optimism held within his heart would not let the opportunity to try one more time slip by. He had been paired, then, with a Cazz Valentine.

Cazz Valentine. It was an odd name, for sure, and Landon was almost certain he had heard it somewhere before. That nagging feeling was so familiar to him that he shrugged it off easily. He would see if he recognized her when she arrived.

Maybe this will help, he thought. It was unlikely, but at least it was a distraction.
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

Stats : 479

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Cazz took the long way through the park, taking her time a little worried about this meeting. Sure sure, she had done many more before but this... this just felt different. It might have been the day or the way the sun hit the falling leafs hit the ground. Clearing her throat slightly pulling her scarf tighter around her neck sighing in content. It was strange to her, Cazz hated the hospital. But now a day's it seemed she spent way more time there then she liked.

Ever since the incident with Mary a few months ago, she had started to seek help. More so then she had started before. Though it was hard, harder then she thought it would be to distinguish between the past and visions she was constantly having. Stopping just short of the bench a few feet away, her purse jingled slightly as she stopped sighing gently looking over the man on the bench then looking down at her hand. Who was she meeting again? She tried to read the smudged ink on her hand before smiling.

Ahh, Landon... at then bench at two. Nearly forgot what she was doing. Landon seemed like a nice name, he most likely grew up in a loving home, was into sports, graduated top ten of his class not to show off to much but just enough to make her parents happy... good lord she was doing it again. Judging people by there name, she really had to stop doing that if she wanted to make friends.

Coming a little closer sighing softly gently pulling down the scarf from her mouth smiling softly as she slowly took a seat saying softly. "Um... Hi... I'm Cazz... and I sorta kinda hope your Landon or this may be really really weird." She laughed softly rubbing the back of her neck. Slowly one leg slid over the other getting comfortable where she sat as she smiled softly at him watching him a few moments a little worried she gently placed a hand on his shoulder such concerned in her eyes.

"Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 7:12 pm

At the sound of a woman's voice Landon lifted his head from his hands and found his eyes settling on a young woman who had quietly taken a seat beside him. She looked at home seated comfortably on the bench with her scarf wrapped around her neck and hair laying gently for lack of a breeze. As she introduced herself she laughed and the sound flew away into the sky above them to mix with the rays of sun. It changed the tired expression on his face to one of delight and a smile reached his lips.

“I'm Landon, yeah. Nice to meet you, Cazz. And I'm fine, just resting my head, thanks though.” Landon's voice was cheerful as he spoke, hoping to lift the look of concern in Cazz's eyes as she asked him if he was alright. The gentle pressure of her hand placed on his shoulder was nice, too. If Landon had to guess he would assume that looking into her mind would show only memories of kindness.

Landon took the next moment of quiet to gaze over the woman. Cazz looked younger than he did in everywhere but the eyes. Maybe Landon was imagining things but when he looked into hers they seemed to be holding many more years than should be possible, like she had seen too much in her short life. He supposed it was a side effect of her affliction and imagined his eyes to hold the same look to her. If she had suffered as much distraught over her missing past as he had then she was sure to show signs of wear somewhere.

“Thanks for meeting me. I'm not certain how to start this...kind of a funny situation isn't it? It almost feels worse than a blind date, but I can promise you I'm not an ax murderer or anything. Probably.” Landon teased, turning to face Cazz more comfortably on the bench. The sun shinning through the trees was warming him through his jacket and lulling him into a sense of serenity, fuzzing the world beyond his vision into a cozy blur.
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 2:15 am

" Of course of course... to tell you the truth... I couldn't stand going to another one of those groups... or sit in one more of those offices where they try to tell me I just need to 'look deep into my mind and pull it from within'Someone can only take so much you know" Laughing gently she slowly turned her body a little so she was facing him.

Gently playing with her fingers her nerves at the moment getting the best of her as she swallowed hard sighing softly closing her eyes just enjoying the feeling of the rays of sun on her pale skin, more of a night person than anything. Letting the breeze run over her face as she sighed in content playing with your fingers gently, not able to stop the constant fidgeting. After a few moments she slowly turned her attention back to him laughing gently looking down at the dirt gently kicking it smiling. "Oh I am sure if you were an ax murder I would have seen it coming from a mile away."

There seemed to be a knowing smile on her face as she looked up at him snuggling deeper into her jacket. She looked Landon over slowly taking in his appearance. He seemed like he was understanding, his eyes seemed kind like he just wanted to be happy and care free... the kind of person you would go to when you were upset or just needed someone to be with you didn't want to be alone. He was older that was true, but he didn't have that air about him it was like he was stuck somewhere in the past... or just chose not to live his age. So far, Cazz was enjoying the comfortable feeling he was giving off.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 10:38 pm

The laughter from both Cazz and Landon mixed together in the warming air, creating a melody that lifted up into the trees and serenaded the birds. Landon had only a moment to ponder over her casual statement about knowing if he was going to do her harm before filing it away in his mind in case some other clue to its meaning ever came up.

“I know how you feel. Those groups can make you feel so...helpless.” A small frown replaced his smile as Landon thought back to the years of everyone telling him that his memory would return if only he wanted it to. How did they not know he wanted it more than anything back then? He would have given anything to remember, to make those shadows and whispers of a past grow into something tangible. But that had been then, and now, years later, he had done his best to learn to move on.

Movement from Cazz's fluttering hands drew Landon's attention and he watched as she continued to fidget; first moving her hands here, and then there. If she was nervous it showed only in her inability to stay still. He hoped it wasn't him that was making her uncomfortable. Landon tried to exude an air of safety, not one that should cause nervousness. He tried to reassure her with a friendly smile and a twinkle of his warm brown eyes.

“So, I guess the beginning is the best place to start, yeah? When did it happen?” Landon was certain Cazz would understand what he implied. Looking at her he couldn't imagine her losing her memory too long ago, she still seemed so young. “How old are you, anyway?” He added, curious now that he thought over it. She was looking away often, kicking at the dirt...all behaviors he associated with a child. Maybe it was the nerves he thought he noticed earlier. It made him him want to place a hand over hers and hold it still, calming her into a more comfortable state. Instead he just waited patiently for her answer, letting her take her time. He knew the subject could be painful and he wanted her to know he had all the time in the world for her today.
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 12:20 am

"They make you feel more lost then you already are... I've all but given up on remember... ya know... I think I would be happier without knowing... but late at night I'm sure you get the same... This... nagging feeling at the back of your head... like your forgetting something important... something life changing and you can't pull it out or bring it forth from your mind... because... its gone... its gone." She thought deeply about that for a few moments running fingers through her hair slowly sighing gently before turning back to him smiling brightly as if nothing was wrong. Tapping her foot to a gentle beat that was all but in her head as she smiled rubbing her arm gently thinking about his next question smiling back at him sighing softly.

"They say I'm twenty one... but... the last I remember I was... sixteen. But I've always acted like I'm two so... I'm sure theirs not much of a change... I hope. " She laughed softly leaning back sighing softly smirking a little as she ran fingers hair once more. An old habit it seemed to always come back when her hair was nowhere near her eyes. Smiling up at him a little,

"Okay... as long as you promise to tell me yours. " She took in a deep breath laughing, "I thought I could fly... that's what they told me, so I asked my old best friend to just... give me a nudge over the edge, there must have been something wrong with me there's just no way I would think that way now... but... I feel obviously. Right over the edge of the cliff... woke up thinking I was sixteen again asking for my dead dad. What about you?" Slowly she turned to him facing him chewing on her lower lip hating to tell the story, wondering what his reaction would be. She had so many mixed reactions that there was no way to tell his. Not till it happened anyway.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:56 am

Landon could see the fear of rejection in Cazz's eyes after she finished her story. Again he was reminded of a child, someone who needed to be protected and held safe. Hearing her words he wanted to ease himself into her mind, to feel and see the memories she had told him, real or fake. Would he see them there, playing out like the scenes of a play, or would it simply be the same dark swirling mists he saw in his own mind when he looked back? He had encountered the same question before, with others. In those groups he had once frequented, mostly the muggle ones, he would let his mind leave his body and slip into other sufferers in the room. Sometimes he would see their lives, the parts they were missing, float up, pleading to be let out and known. Other times he would see rifts and caverns so deep and dark that he emerged from their minds so frightened he had to leave the room. What Cazz's mind would show Landon could not decipher, at least not yet.

Reaching out his hand, Landon placed it over Cazz's and continued to smile at her. Her story was certainty more spectacular than his, but it was nothing to be ashamed of. It had happened, that was that. Though what could have possessed her to think she could fly was a bit alarming, she seemed perfectly adjusted now.

“Maybe you were a phoenix in another life,” Landon said. “So you remember your life from before you were sixteen? If so...you remember more of your life than I do. Though my story isn't quite as interesting as yours.” A chuckle escaped his lips, knowing it sounded silly comparing their accidents in such a light manner. But Landon knew if he couldn't laugh about it things would seem much bleaker.

“I fell too, actually. Off a cliff. Maybe we were destined to meet,” He laughed again, this time more cheerfully. “I don't remember anything from before then, or falling. I didn't even know my name. Just...a blank slate, I guess.”

Thinking back to those first months still brought a faint panic to Landon. When he awoke to the blaring lights and rough sheets of St. Mungo's it was like he had never existed. As hard as he tried no words, no memories, nothing at all came to him. His mind was so empty of anything besides his present thoughts that the vastness was suffocating. Landon had spent the last four years trying to fill the holes in his mind with anything new he could.  If nothing was going to return, he would make sure by the end of his life he was brimming with experiences.

Realizing he was staring off, lost in memories, Landon turned his focus back to Cazz. “Its no use being depressed about it though. At least we're alive, right?”
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:25 am

Cazz laughed looking up at him grinning a little shaking her head. "Mhm, I doubt it... that though being able to just keep living on and on for so long such as a phoenix that would be an interesting life... but no, just insomniac. They think the lack of sleep did it or something like that. Not much of a sleeper, think I had a delusion of some kind. Though I couldn't tell you for sure, but just between you and me... I think most doctors don't have a clue what their talking about."

"Maybe we fell off the same cliff, that be quite a strange quinkidink." She looked at him in wounder nodding gently, listening carefully completely still at the moment as she listened to his words. Gently she gave his hand a soft gentle squeeze looking up at him. "I'm sorry Landon... I wish I could have known you before then... but then we still would be in the same boat we are now or at least been there." She laughed softly smiling watching him stare off into space, she couldn't even think of waking up with nothing... not knowing her name or where her home was. The idea itself scared her slightly. Landon must have been very brave, to come this far still looking trying to figure out who he was, no one there to wake up or take care of him.

"That we are, though... I do wonder. How much can one live when there always looking for something that's never coming back. But living is much different from living... if that makes any sense in the least bit." She smiled gently looking up at Landon making eye contact a long moment, her eyes slowly clouding over before she quickly looked away sucking in a deep breath rubbing her eyes quickly blinking a few times.

Keeping her eyes closed a long time trying to keep her vision at bay for a few moments before sighing softly relaxing a little opening her eyes, the clear gray back as she smiled looking back at Landon gently bouncing her foot. "So, I take it you don't remember even a single thing?" Her eyes were full of worry for him, she was more then it worried it seemed. Concerned for his well being, being alone with no family or friends about when you need them sounds frightening to her.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:35 am

For a long moment Cazz's eyes locked onto his and Landon almost lost his will. He only realized the words to the spell that would take him into her mind were about to be spoken internally when his vision started to fade on the fringes. Quickly he looked away, off into the trees surrounding them. It was almost too much, her sitting there spilling out her life to him. He would have to bring up his plan to try to help her soon.

Landon removed his hand from Cazz's and stretched his arm out on top of the bench, relaxing. He closed his eyes as the the sun hit his face, warming his skin. It was comfortable here, in the approaching spring with the smell of the trees and the chatter of animals running about. Landon soaked it all in, reserving a small place in his mind for its memory. He felt his lips part into a smile as his eyes fluttered open again before settling on the girl beside him.

“I think I understand what you mean, about living. That's why I try not think about my past so much anymore. Living in the moment, making new memories. That's what I think is important now. Who I used to be may or may not be who I am now, and I think I have come to terms with that. I hope you can, too, Cazz. You deserve to move on and be happy, too, you know.” Landon sincerely meant the words he spoke; he knew how terrible the pain was of not being able to move on and wished it on no one, especially not this concerned young girl.

“And nope, not a single thing. I can never decide if it's better this way or not. From what I have been told my old life is better off not being remembered anyway.” Not that his life was too terribly tragic, but from what little he had been told of it, the orphanages and abandonments, well, it was better forgetting.

“Do you really want to remember? Would it make your life better, do you think?” Landon mused, half speaking to himself. “I can try something, if you'd like, that might help.” He did want to help her, more so now than when she had first appeared. She was proving herself to be caring and Landon couldn't bear to see such a troubled look on her sweet face.
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:29 am

"I think some things are better, and other things are worse without it... like learning how to cook all over again or drive, normal stuff. The stuff that should come naturally that just seems to come in little shaky burst in the most random times or never at all. But its about the things now, not then or what you use to be. Just who you are and what you are doing is what matters... I hope." She laughed smiling brightly giving him a cheeky grin playing with her scarf smiling.

Cazz gently played with his fingers listening to his words carefully her eyes closing taking in a deep breath sighing gently shaking her head. Swallowing hard his words swimming around in her head a long moment before smiling up at him shaking her head softly. A soft gentle smile on her face as if there was no care in the world. "I... I honestly don't think it would... because everything that has happened... the loss of people in my life, just from this... this fuck up... it wouldn't change a thing if I got my memories back... I think it would just make me miss the good times more... the times I can't have anymore... the things I will and have missed out on... So... I don't want them back... not as much as I would like to have things in a different way... I wished it would have turn out different... It wouldn't stop my visions... wouldn't stop the lack of sleep... it wouldn't stop him from leaving... It just... wouldn't change things. It would change who I am though... most definitely it would."

She moved around around sitting cross legged on the bench relaxing sighing gently, the breeze slowly ruffling through her hair as she closed her eyes enjoying the peace for a few moments whispering. "Its not that I haven't moved on... I believe my heart hasn't yet... my brain as made the leap my heart is just too afraid right now, not yet. But ya know I am sure it will catch up soon, it has been a slow learner."

Taking in another deep breath sighing softly smiling up at him gently looking up at him nodding smiling happily. "No... I think I'll be fine... it would hurt to remember. I think maybe... ugh... I don't know." She ran a hand down her face a moment confusing herself a long moment trying to figure it out shaking her head softly looking back up at him giving a slight smile. "So if you don't mind me asking. Why do you come to these things? If you have already come to terms with this sort of thing?"
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:30 pm

“Re-learning how to cook is the worst isn't it? I swear I lived off canned soup and crackers for months. I still can't eat a bowl of chowder without grimacing.” Landon said, laughing. Not that he was much better years later. Cooking wasn't something he focused much time on. It was just a jest said to make Cazz smile and after he said it he listened carefully to what else she had to say. It sounded like she had a tougher time after her accident than Landon did; she had people close to her she remembered whose feelings had changed over the years. And visions...he wasn't sure what she meant by that but it was no wonder her nights were so restless.

Still, it sounded like there would be no getting into her thoughts today. Her answer hadn't been direct but Landon could tell she didn't want the kind of help he might be able to provide. He could understand that; it wasn't a pleasant feeling having your mind invaded. Letting his hopes of it drift away he

“Slow learner or not, you'll be fine. Strong girl like you, you've got your whole life ahead of you. I'm sure whatever happened because of this that won't change...whatever guy left you or whatever problems you're having, you'll get over them completely. I like your attitude about it all.”

Reaching his arm across the bench he gave Cazz a friendly pat on the head and a grin. It was a silly gesture, but one that seemed to lighten the mood. He didn't want the air between them to become somber and depressing, as he knew it could be when thinking about their pasts.

He figured the question would come up, why he was here. It was true that he had mostly come to terms with the fact that his memory was probably never coming back but it didn't answer his questions about his headaches. How much should he tell Cazz? While he was fairly certain she did not pose any threat nor would she judge him in anyway it was still a topic he wasn't sure he wanted to share fully.

“I haven't done anything like this in a while. At least a year I think. Lately though...it's been weird. I get these headaches and these kind of feelings with them? Like, my memories are trying to come back but something is stopping them. Do you know what I mean? The pain is pretty vicious but it comes and goes.” Landon brought his hand to his head in memory of the pain, gently rubbing his temples. He didn't care to tell Cazz of the fear that washed over him with these episodes. “I'm just looking for a way to figure out what's going on with my head I guess.”
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Cazz laughed brushing off his hand fixing her already messed up hair giving a gentle sigh smiling nodding gently crossing one arm over the other looking up at him as she slowly rubs her arm lightly looking at him a few moments just nodding listening intently. A gentle smile on her face as she watched him a tint of worried in her eyes as she gently placed a hand on his leg looking up at him.

"I know what you mean... like the thoughts and memories of someone else is trying to push in.. trying to break in... but they change there mind just leaving the pain before you can actually tell what is going on." She watched him tilting her head slightly as she slowly leaned into the bench her head laying on her shoulder shaking her head.

"Maybe... just maybe Landon... You... you shouldn't remember... and even though... these memories are attacking it sounds like... like its trying to flush... or make itself known... though, even though it wants to be known... it shouldn't be... like you remember but then... you forget... and... it might be time to... chase after it... or you let it slip through your fingers and stop waiting for it to come."
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:48 am

(Sorry for the delay!)

The sudden pressure of Cazz's hand on his leg was reassuring and somehow a comfort to Landon. The two had much in common in their worlds just now; both recovering and rebuilding their life moment by moment. It felt like an instant bond, a kindred spirit, even. The smile that played on his lips as he looked over toward Cazz's blonde framed face was one of wondrous potential. The feeling that he had just made a friend whom he could understand and share with was powerful.

“Maybe you're right. Maybe it is time to just let it go, even with these flashes lately. I don't really want to remember...sometimes,” he paused here, judging what to tell Cazz. She seemed harmless and nonjudgmental but it was not often Landon opened up to others. Figuring others out was more his style, not the opposite. It must have been the way she looked up at him from her seat on the bench, or the way the warm breeze flew through her hair, that made him divulge his thoughts. “Sometimes I'm terrified of knowing. Like there's something wrong with me, you know? Something I know I couldn't live with if I knew it.”

Landon looked away from Cazz, staring off down the path. That dark fog in his mind was threatening again, wanting to take over. He shut his eyes tight and let it pass but not before a shudder racked his body.

When he opened his eyes again he smiled ruefully at the girl beside him.

“Sorry. Over sharing a bit, huh? So...Miss Cazz,” he said playfully, trying to lighten the mood again, “What do you do now, with the memories you have and the rest of your life in front of you?”
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:48 pm

( Its quite alright :D I didn't have any idea what I was going to write before anyway)

Cazz smiled softly nodding softly closing her eyes after a moment just listening to him carefully, 'Thats how I feel when I get a vision..' The thought roamed around in her head before she silenced it, no now was not the time to share something like that... after all there is no place for the future if you are stuck in the past.

She shook her head gently smiling softly whispering. " Its always the unknown that is so worry some... even though you known it you don't... if that makes sense I know what you mean... like... your paying for something you did... or... something." Running fingers through her hair she looked back up at him a bright happy smile on her face closing her eyes leaning back.

" Well I live... most times with out regreat, I travel, I run all day and night till I can't any more... and I don't let the thoughts of not knowing get me down until they push there way to the forefront of my mind. What about you, with all this life around you and the thoughts that keep pushing the memories that want in... what do you do with your life."
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Paying for something you did...Yes, that sounded right. The simple way Cazz had summed it up was exactly how Landon felt. The only problem was that he did not know what he had to pay for, or how long he would continue to suffer for it. If there even was something at all. It was entirely possible this penitence was nothing but a trick of his mind, a story created from nothing. Then why does it feel so real? Landon mused, still unable to grasp at the shadows hiding his memories.

Now was not the time to try again, though. Right now he was sitting in a comfortable spot with the warming weather surrounding him and a perfectly friendly, not to mention quite pretty, girl beside him. This meeting may have started out as a way to delve into his inner thoughts and memories but it was shaping up to be more of a casual meeting of two individuals, which Landon liked just fine.

He did not fail to notice that as Cazz answered his question she didn't mention any specifics. He supposed she had her reasons, whether they be to protect herself or simply she did not notice, but he was certain he would find more details in time. “You sound like a busy girl, I'm glad you made some time for me. I bet you're a hard one to catch up to if you're running around so much. Anything interesting you're running to?” The look of curiosity was evident in Landon's brown eyes as he moved slightly closer to Cazz on the bench.

“Well let's see...I'm an undercover agent, bent on world domination and becoming a god. You know, the usual.” Landon smiled playfully at Cazz, showing a toothy grin. “But when I'm not busy with that I work for the Ministry. Gotta keep a low profile, you know.”
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Laughing a little Cazz gently shook her head smiling brightly running fingers through her hair gently as she looked up at him her gray eyes sparkling in excitement, before she gently licked her dry lips a look taking over her face as she hummed softly. "I... just want to run as far as I can as long as I can... away from everything thats trying to get to me... and then keep running." She smiled happily clasping her hands in her lap looking up at the sky a few moments before looking back at him a little surprised.

"Oh Oh Oh! Can I be you assistant that always messes up maybe I pull the wrong lever and stuff and blow stuff up! It would be so much fun!" She smiled laughing a little winking a little watching him a little swallowing hard after hearing he worked for the Ministry nodding softly. "Well... thats um... pretty cool... not as cool as undercover agent but still... cool." She gave a gentle smile up at him rubbing the back of her neck.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:33 am

Landon laughed at Cazz's suggestion. He could envision this girl flouncing around pressing random big red buttons that obviously were intended  to never be touched. “That sounds like a great idea. We'll get into some crazy hijinks together but I think I could use a partner,” he grinned over at her in time to catch her wink, which he gave right back.

When her expression changed he saw something glimmer in her eyes, her mind at work behind them. So there was something about the Ministry that either frightened her or put her ill at ease. Landon had learned to read people very well, it went along with his other skills, and now used this to his advantage.

He slid himself closer still to Cazz on the bench, lazily putting his arm on the bench behind her. Tilting his head down to gaze into her eyes, which he noticed at this distance were quite striking, the urge to keep the contact and slip into her mind was strong. He was starting a battle he was sure to lose.

“Don't worry, I'm not one of those faceless Ministry agents...you can trust me.” Landon finally tore his eyes from hers, certain they would return shortly and see more than she thought she was divulging.
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:54 am

Cazz laughed softly shaking her head smiling brightly up at him it was true, it would be awesome to have a partner in crime again. Doing all sorts of stealth missions getting coffee cake and what not. It would be an adventure indeed if they got to have one.

Cazz gazed back up into his eyes, this time she wasn't able to look away. She couldn't, all the while her eyes started to glaze over slowly as she tired to pull away but it was not happening this time. Her visions started to fade on the sides as she was taken back into the darkness for a moment.

Hearing footsteps tap along a long empty hallway, lights lighting up along the way and going out further down the hall Cazz slowly stepped out of the darkness, as always just this invisible figure chasing after the person further down the hall. There was a reason she was here was here right? Seeing the a familiar brown jacket she picked up her pace a little before walking beside who seemed to be carrying a dark colored folder humming a strange tune before stopping off at a door. Opening his coat he took out an orb. It had something swirling in it, every once in a while it almost seemed like something or someone would pass by it. Almost like a face. Landon slowly placed his wand into a compartment in the door before pulling it out. The door slowly sliding open to a huge a cathedral-sized room, dark and so very cold almost as if it was in a freezer, but everything was lit by this dim blue candles giving off just enough light to make it seem like it wasn't dark. Just as Landon was about to step in Cazz was violently pulled from the vision.

Hissing in pain slightly her hands gently covering her eyes as she sucked in a deep breath gasping softly trying to catch her breath shaking a little swallowing hard as she slowly began to breath slowly easily swallowing hard she took a deep breath closing her eyes rubbing them slightly before mumbling. "Yeah.. Yeah.."
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 1:53 am

Landon watched in wonder as Cazz's eyes, which were up until just now resting comfortably on his, glassed over. It was a sight Landon was used to seeing, one that he often caused himself but this was not his doing, not yet. She did not blink or seem to register anything around her and he figured she only now saw what was in her mind. When she started shaking and mumbling in pain Landon grasped her shoulder and held her still, petting her hair back with his free hand. She looked and sounded like she was going through an ordeal, one that Landon could not find the source of. He was almost afraid for her, wanting to comfort her as she slowly emerged from her fugue like state.  

After she had rubbed and opened her eyes Landon's hand left her shoulder and instead lifted her chin so she was looking again into his eyes. Very gently he spoke to her while his mind was busy preparing other things. “Are you alright Cazz?”

As soon as the words left his lips his mind was speaking the words to the spell that would take him into her mind and witness just what had happened. If he knew what she had experienced perhaps there was a way to make her feel better, to understand. When his consciousness merged with hers it was unlike any Landon had traveled in before. Things flashed at him seemingly at random, disassociated and jumbled. It took all the focus he had to calm the visions that were bombarding him and hone in on her most recent thoughts.

He was surprised to see himself not as he was sitting beside her but as he was in the Department of Mysteries. It was as if he was there right now, watching himself unlock the door to the inner most sanctums of where he did his work. How did Cazz know this? Landon tried to search further into the matter but all he came up with was a blank mist, as if something was shielding the rest of the scene from him. Either that or there was no more; that was all she knew, a short spurt of his life sent directly to her mind.

When he left Cazz's mind as fluidly as he had entered Landon continued to stare at her, perplexed. This girl was not just some young thing that suffered the same affliction as he, but someone with vast secrets and powers of her own. Yet still she looked so frail and child like to him that he could not muster up the nerve to call her out on it and instead kept his new information to himself in order to protect her.
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:22 am

She tilted her head back up slightly looking up at him feeling slightly confused a moment, her gray eyes filled with pain staring back into his feeling the need to turn away before something else took over. Opening her mouth a moment before she started up at him quite, still. Way to still for the usual constant fidgeting for Cazz. As soon as she finished she looked down swallowing hard nodding softly rubbing the back of her neck a moment feeling tired.

Cazz slowly looked back up at him running fingers slowly through her hair, yawning softly before giving a soft smile rubbing her hands together slightly together to warm them up. The visions had been getting more and more painful lately, it almost was hard to stay awake afterwords. Hopefully they would pass over, maybe it was just the way the moon allied with the stars or something like that, but Cazz had to make sure when she got home she would write done what happened.

Lost in thought for a few moments she looks up at him giving him a small smile before she realizes she has yet to explain herself. Clearing her throat laughing slightly before nodding smiling happily. "Um, yeah... Yeah I'm okay. Sorry about that... Sometimes that happens... um ya know... " She laughed rubbing the back of her neck slowly.

Smiling back up at him she played with the ends of her scarf looking up at him gently bumping him slightly grinning. " Sooo... I didn't mean to make things weird." She laughed dryly slowly twirling hair between her fingers.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:20 pm

It took a moment but soon Cazz was smiling and laughing again like nothing had happened. While the pain still lingered in her eyes she was moving past it, letting it drift away and be gone. Her resilience was admirable, but then again anyone who had been through what she had must be.

As she continued to come back into herself Landon pondered over what she said. So this was an occurrence common to her... The way she had slipped the word 'visions' into their conversation previously came back to mind and stuck this time. Was there a chance this girl had the power of clairvoyance? It surely seemed possible and the only likely way Landon could imagine her knowing so much about him. She could be dangerous, given her abilities, but right now she looked nothing short of broken. He would be sure to keep and eye on her, both physically and within her thoughts. For now, though, it seemed she needed rest.

“Nothing is weird, I'm just glad you're ok and not twitching on the ground or something. You really don't want to trust my healing skills.” Landon smiled down at her again and the casual nudge she gave him with her shoulder. “You look tired now, though. Could I walk you home, make sure you get there ok?”
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Cazz smiled softly rolling her eyes playfully as she played with the ends of her hair deep in thought a few moments humming softly before looking back up at Landon smirking. "That is what I call dear sir... break dancing... its an art form.." She stuck out her tongue playfully looking up at him smiling softly.

He was such a kind soul, she hoped... she didn't really know him know him... though she was starting too... Chewing on her lip in deep thought a few moments before looking around where she was. "Um... well If you don't mind a bit of a walk... you don't have to if you don't want to thought I wouldn't want to put you out of your way or anything." She kept messing with her hands as she started to ramble about the distance from her to her small flat. Though it wasn't that far, everything seemed a million miles away when you get lost in thought. "-so um... if you want."

She smiled up at him laughing softly running a hand through her hair almost to calm her down in the slightest bit, her shoulders a bit less tense now before slowly forcing down a yawn shaking her head quickly.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Landon was becoming used to the sight of Cazz fidgeting, fretting with her hands and her hair. He wondered how such a habit had come about; it didn't seem to be nerves anymore. Was it an after effect of her fall? One day Landon would delve deeper into her mind and try to find out, but for now it would remain a mystery. He needed a while to think over what he had already seen in her before ventured too far again.

“Don't worry about me. I was told that before I fell off that cliff I was an avid hiker...I think I can handle the walk to your house in suburbia.” Not that this was a terrible place to live, but it felt to Landon kind of dull. There didn't seem to be much going on but maybe that was what Cazz was looking for.

Landon rose from the bench, stretching his arms over his head to loosen them out after being inactive for so long. His limbs felt tense and stiff, like they often did after his long hours of work. A yawn covered his face which he attempted to stifle with a free hand. Cazz's sleepiness must be catching. He extended his other hand out to Cazz, ready to help her up from the bench if she was unsteady on her feet.
Back to top Go down
Cazz Valentine
Neutral Witch/Wizard
Cazz Valentine

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:13 pm

She reached up grabbing his hand pulling herself up slowly yawning running fingers though her hair slowly for a few long moments before slowly starting to lean back slightly playing with her scarf slightly yawning softly as she looked up at him. Looking up at him a few long moment before moving some hair out of his eyes pulling him along with her gently holding his hand tightly. "Its a really nice place... I just started living there like three months ago its in this nice huge building and I have roof access and its really nice. I don't have very many people coming over... though my only friend really is Mary she is really really nice."

She looked back at Landon a moment smiling following the side walk missing as many cracks before yawning softly looking up at Landon again rubbing her eyes. " But... yeah... its cool."
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Landon allowed himself to be pulled along by Cazz's hand, feeling only slightly like a puppy. As she rambled on about her home he only half listened, instead taking in the warmth of the situation. More had come of this meeting than he had expected, both in regards to how he felt about his lost memories and in the gaining of a new friend. A friend who had something hidden, a mystery in her mind to find out, which to Landon was the best type.

As they continued to walk through the quiet park and into the more populated section of town Landon was getting lost in the soft friendly words that Cazz was speaking and the pressure of her hand within his. He was enjoying her openness about her life, though he could not imagine why she said she only had one friend. A nice girl like her would be expected to have many; maybe it had something to do with the visions she possibly suffered from.

“It sounds like a nice place, and so does your friend. I don't have much people over at my place either, but it is so small it's a good thing! You might fit if you don't mind hanging out in the bathtub,” he laughed, only half joking. Landon didn't spend much time at home so didn't see the need for lavish quarters. “Did you move by yourself? Three months is pretty recent, any reason for the change?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}   Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz} Empty

Back to top Go down

Fleeting Memories and First Meetings {Cazz}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next