Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Déjà vu (Open)

Go down 
+2
Mary Black
Cazz Valentine
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Gendan McBride

Gendan McBride

Stats : 52

Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:24 pm

"Ehhhh.. I believe the last time I read it was 'bout four years ago? 'At was regularly a'least. I've read one er'ry so often but I just recently came back from out of town." Gendan hesitated as before he said 'out of town' and right after he looked down, memories flooding back from his time spent in the woods, hunting down rabbits and deer with his own wolf pack. He was the leader for a time before he abandoned them to live on his own. He snapped back to reality immediately and looked back at Mary, oblivious to the shabby man drinking the childs' drink.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

Stats : 68

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Landon was becoming invested in the conversation to his side, curious to know the reasons behind the mans absence from any wizarding news. It struck him as odd. How hard would it have been to get a newspaper where ever he had been? Four years was a very long time to be out of correspondence. Landon resisted the urge to delve in to his mind to find the answers and instead chose the safer route, for now.

Raising his class in the man's direction Landon took another drink, "Cheers mate. Welcome back to civilization. What are you looking to hear about?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

Stats : 271

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:33 pm

"Bloody hell, four years." Mary sighed, trying to remember four years' worth of news. "The school was attacked a year or so ago. Don't know who won. Doesn't seem to have affected much..." She smiled at the man with the messy hair, glad he seemed to be joining the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Gendan McBride

Gendan McBride

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Off put by being the new center of attention for these two, McBride took a fair swig of his iced fire whiskey, relishing in the conflicting heat and chill of the drink. After a moment he said "Yeah, I've been out of touch for a good four years. I'm curious about what happened to the school. And anything else either of you could tell me, especially if it has anything to do with a new whiskey for me to try." He looked back and forth between them waiting for them to explain any news.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 pm

The way the man handled his whiskey impressed Landon, he seemed to feel no effects from the fire no doubt scorching down into his stomach. A heavy drinker, most likely. When the woman mentioned an attack on the school it was news to Landon as well. It was possible that he had just been too focused on other things to hear rumors of it or it had happened before his accident.

He realized then that he didn't have much to add to the conversation. The news he got was mostly from the inner workings of the ministry and much of it secret. "Ministy's been pretty busy the past few years. Just the usual though, keeping things running smoothly for everyone."
Back to top Go down
Gendan McBride

Gendan McBride

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:54 pm

"That's all the ministry ever seems to be doing I suppose." Gendan shut his eyes tight for a second and scrunched his nose as a sharp pain erupted in his side. He took a deep, slightly painful breath, and held it until the pain receded. He slowly exhaled through his nose and took another sip of whiskey with a disgruntled look.

"I take it you work for the ministry then?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Mary chuckled quietly and shook her head at the whiskey comment. "I don't know that much about the school. Didn't hear a lot, it was pretty hush-hush, which makes me think maybe his followers won." She actually couldn't rightly remember if she'd heard about the attack on Hogwarts or had a vision, now that she was trying to think back... Not that she was going to tell that to these men. She twirled a strand of hair round her fingers absently until she noticed another table needing replacements on drinks, glancing at the man in the suit as she left. He looked to be in pain.

((back in 1/2 hr))
Back to top Go down
Gendan McBride

Gendan McBride

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:13 am

Gendan noticed her smile at his whiskey comment and felt a little proud of himself. He may hate his father but he will always be grateful for his Irish heritage. As she walked to a table away from the bar he couldn't help but stare for a moment before turning back to messy-hair, wondering his connection to the ministry.

EDIT: (I'm going to go pass out. I've been sleep deprived lately so I'll pop back in and finish this up in the am)
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 2:22 am

There was something wrong with his neighbor at the bar. Landon watched with curiosity as he winced and shut his eyes tight. The alcohol must be getting to him more than he let on, or so Landon figured.

"Sure do. They've been great to me, and keep me busy." When asked about his work for the Ministry Landon was often forced to dance around the subject. If word got out about his projects and research there would be consequences he was in a rush to deal with. Instead of elaborating he changed the subject, focusing back on the other man. "What do you do? Explore the unknown for four years?" He laughed at his joke as he finished his beer, ready for another.
Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:08 am

Mary returned to the bar with the three empty glasses and began mixing drinks, listening to the men talk. She nodded at the man with the messy hair and poured him another beer, letting the glass fill as she shook the cocktail shaker.
Back to top Go down
Gendan McBride

Gendan McBride

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:41 am

Despite his curiosity as to the man suddenly changing topic, McBride decided he'd finally tell someone a bit about his adventures in the forests the past few years.

"I've been out in the woods mate. Learning to commune with nature so to say. If ye' met me the other day on me way to town, I'd look worse that ye' do now. It was kind to me though."
Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:37 am

Mary had no idea what the man in the suit meant, but he must have been really good at camping to be in the woods for four bloody YEARS. She handed the man with the messy hair his beer with a reminder of the 6 sickles 22 knuts price before carrying the 3 drinks to the little table, returning with pound notes.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:38 am

"Four years in the woods? Wow, that's impressive. And now here you are, all dressed up in a suit. What a way to live. Good for you, mate." Landon grinned at the man, thoroughly in awe of him. He was doing it right; he knew how he wanted to live and was doing it. It was a respectable trait, and think of all the things he had experienced out there on his own. Now more than even Landon wanted to let himself slip into the man's mind to see what was in there, what memories he held, yet still he refrained. No need to potentially turn the man against him.  

"I'm Landon, by the way. Great to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:29 pm

((Is Landon a Ligilimens?))

So Mary now knew the name of the man with the messy hair. Landon. Hopefully the man in the suit would introduce himself. She put the three empty glasses with the other dirties to go in the dishwasher next. Endless dishwashing all evening. Once she closed, she easily cleaned them all magically, but while the pub was open she had to do it the muggle way.
Back to top Go down
Lamia Bontrolva
Primary

Stats : 338

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Dirty

Muggles.

Lamia wrinkled her nose as she nudged open the pub door. There was nothing wrong with the smell of the place...it was the fact that the surrounding filth only sent shivers down her spine. As much as she hated being in the presence of Muggles, her throat was too parched to say no to a drink in the local pub.
Who knew her thirst would drive her to such a degrading thing?
Her thirst and the fact that the bastard of a man, Samael, kicked her out of her own house.

The white-haired woman weaved between people towards the awaiting bar, in need to vent out with a glass of beverage.

Despite the storm that brewed inside her chest, the woman managed to gracefully sit herself on a barstool and wait for herself to be served. Her eyes roamed around the area as her fingers brushed her hair loosely to one side of her shoulder. The air on her neck was refreshing in comparison to the sweltering heat from her thick trench coat.

Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:39 pm

"Hey, welcome to Deja Vu, whatcanIgetcha?" Mary grinned at the blonde woman at the bar. Busy night for newcomers.
Back to top Go down
Lamia Bontrolva
Primary

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:52 pm

A smile ghosted Lamia's lips for admiration of her perkiness...something that Lamia had little of...or none in fact.
Her hand fished money out of her pocket. Her smile fell. Anger flickered briefly through her eyes.

That bastard.

That sadistic bastard.

Crumpled in her hand, were notes:
Muggle money.

She had the urge to throw it away, however her throat was burning, her head light from the unbearable heat. Maintaining her previous composure, Lamia slid a note across the table, a flawless smile on her lips.

"A Bloody Mary would be nice." It had seemed like she wouldn't taste Firewhiskey tonight.

Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:49 am

Mary noticed the woman's smile turn to a frown when she pulled out her money, but laid a tenner on the bartop.
"A Bloody Mary is five pounds or a galleon, thank you." Mary put the note in the muggle money till and gave the blonde woman a fiver before starting to make the spicy drink.
Back to top Go down
Lamia Bontrolva
Primary

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:28 am

Lamia's fingers pulled the fiver to the edge of the table before shoving it into her pocket as if it was an attempt to scrape off the layer which had been in contact with many Muggle hands. The woman didn't nod her gratitude for the return of change, her green eyes were solely on the woman who fortunately, was pleasant to her eye. Lamia was going to be here all night, afterall.

She watched as the woman prepared the drink, long nails circling the tabletop absent-mindedly.
"So, " she paused to scan her eyes around her surroundings, "Déjà vu? It sounds almost nostalgic," Lamia gave another of her blank smiles as she questioned the pub's name.

Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:59 pm

"Yeah, the founder wanted to make a place that was familiar and comfortable for everyone, hence the name. It means -let me see if I can remember this right- 'a feeling of having already experienced the present situation'." Mary smiled and poured the Bloody Mary into a glass, adding celery to garnish. "You're all set." She put the dirtied mixer with the other dirty glasses.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:18 pm

((Mary- Yes, he is. Or at least really good at it))

After introducing himself to the man in the suit Landon let his attention again wander to the other patrons. The bar was getting cozier as the night progressed, or perhaps his head was just getting more fuzzy.

The opening of the door caught his attention and his eyes followed a woman with silken blonde hair all the way to the counter. The grace with which she took a seat somehow appeared out of place in the murmured chatter of the bar and gave Landon all the more reason to keep his eyes flickering back to her.

Taking another wash of his beer, which was again nearly empty, he watched as she pushed muggle money across the counter. Landon had no problems with muggles at all; in fact after his accident he had become a secret proponent in muggle safety. A group of muggles had after all brought his body to a hospital when they had stumbled upon it. If not for them, Landon may very well be dead.

Resurfacing from his memories, he caught the end of a conversation between the cheery bartender and the blonde woman. Hearing the name of the bar out loud made him chuckle. Deja vu...if Landon had a sickle for every time he felt deja vu, well, he wouldn't be working as much over time at the Ministry.  

"Its a great name," he called over a few empty seats to the two women and gave them a bright smile. Landon was of the opinion that if he was out at a bar by himself, which was often the case, he wouldn't miss out on the chance of socializing. You never know what type of person you might meet.
Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 1:57 pm

"Well, thank you, I'll tell her you said so." Mary smiled at Landon.
Back to top Go down
Lamia Bontrolva
Primary

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:07 pm

"They seem quite optimistic..."naive almost. Giving a wry smile, she took the cold glass nimbly in her fingers, despite their frostbitten state. It was as if the owner had expected many of its patrons to have a bonnetful of positive experiences to relive. Lamia wasn't known as such a person.

The blonde took the moment to stir her drink with the garnish of celery. Though it was a Muggle drink, she was often mesmerized by the beautiful red it displayed, even under the muted lighting. Previously, she couldn't give any care to the name of a mere cocktail but this one had indeed caught her interest.

Green eyes danced between the two others, mostly on the female bartender. A Muggle born or Blood-traitor? Either one, Lamia chose to save the commotion for another night, her head was pulsing from her long-term deprivation of sleep and her muscles would undoubtedly protest.

"Speaking of names," Lamia had evidently seemed to loosen up as she took a dainty sip of the refreshing liquid, "You haven't told me yours." A ghost of a smile touched her lips as she asked the two. It could almost have been seen as sociable...but it was more of one to see whether her wand was to be used tonight. Lamia, though her Deatheater grapevine had shriveled many a year ago, would be able to recognise many names.

Names of foes, specifically.

Last edited by Lamia Bontrolva on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spellings u . u)
Back to top Go down
Gendan McBride

Gendan McBride

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm

(Sorry I never responded on friday. Went camping up in the mountains and totally left this RP hanging.)

Gendan was distracted when the blonde walked in and had nearly forgotten his manners. "Me name's Gendan mate. Ye' can call me McBride if ye'd prefer, I go by either." His eyes flickered back to the newcomer that asked the bartender her name. He watched her sip the Bloody Mary and couldn't help but relive moments in the woods when he would be covered in the blood of a fresh kill. Watching her drink it McBride felt a shiver run down his spine and he had to find out more.
Back to top Go down
Mary Black

Mary Black

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 7:55 pm

"Landon, you want another, mate? Mmm, Cazz is rather optimistic. I'm Mary Black, who might you be?" Mary smiled, switching conversations easily, now knowing the names of both men. She'd have to remember them if they came back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Déjà vu (Open)    Déjà vu (Open)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Déjà vu (Open)
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next