Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It takes my breath away {Alexandra}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

Stats : 401

It takes my breath away {Alexandra} Empty
PostSubject: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Misery did not wander far. Evening was still young so she had to stick to thicker shadows. And her boy, well, it was still early for him to be going home. She doubted she could find someone else here, but the air had cleared her head a bit and she thought she might try a shadow-crossing. There were several locations in her mind that she could visit; carefully remembered areas where she had previously fed. Where she'd found the type, taste and texture that matched her needs.

She'd become horribly picky, she did. And she couldn't take Lance's blood, not so soon and again. Cocking her head to one side, Misery supposed she better settle with just whoever caught her attention first. Even if the blood wasn't right it would keep her belly content for a while.

Soon enough she spotted a man, quite a bit older than herself. She could taste the bitterness of his blood already, but it would have to do. For some reason, Misery wanted to get back to Xander's quickly. The open street made her feel vulnerable.

The vampire fed swiftly, cleanly and easily, as usual, taking only bits to ease her hunger, but not harm her victim. She would not have liked to take any more of this man, anyway. His blood really did taste horribly bitter.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:01 am

Afterwards, Misery just didn't know what to do with herself. In just minutes she'd changed her mind several times, trying to decide whether to take a walk around the block and ease up the knots forming in her stomach or just hurry right back as she originally intended.

Wondering like that, she ended up sitting in the alley where she'd dragged the man to feed. She hadn't moved at all, her head beginning to hurt with anticipation of future events; both those she expected and those she did not.

Finally, as the man began waking from his daze, Misery stood and wandered off down the street. Back towards Xander's house, for now.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:29 am

Laterr

Misery slowed her walk, once she found herself able to move again. Shadows trickled gently off her shoulders, pushing her away from Xander's house. If anyone followed, she'd move out of their way.

The night led her down the street and towards the alley she'd been in just earlier, when the sun was still setting. It felt like hours had passed since then, the sky had darkened so, when in reality it were minutes, dancing around her mockingly. Time seemed to have been playing with her ever since she got here the night before.

That man's blood, it came up in a rush. Misery knew she would be seeing it out sooner or later, but she always did prefer the later. She wondered about it as it burned its way down her throat and pooled down behind a pile of trash. She couldn't grasp sense of it, even if she knew vampires who lived just on blood, just the one type. Even they, they were all adults. Misery was hardly a child, as it went with vampire years. She hadn't even passed her Trials yet - and would not for a while longer, that was certain. Not in her current condition.

Her current condition. It was what hurt most, probably; not just the lack of physical strength, but her appearance. It was one thing to show herself in front of Xander, who was a friend in every sense of that word. But she could absolutely not show herself to Alexandra, because- because Charna's bloody Guts, what was she supposed to say to her?
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

Stats : 361

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:18 am

The grass gave way under her feet as she stalked towards the 'intruder'. To be able to get into the house without any of Luke's earlier traps or devices going off - because if he didn't have any others, she was a hairbrush or something of equal ridiculousness -, the witch or wizard would have to be... unexpected. If she had known just how unexpected, Alexandra honestly wouldn't have known how to react.
It was true that the street-lamps left little pools of light on parts of Luke's property, but only on his front yard and that was far from where she was now. The tip of her wand glowed, giving away her position, but tricky enchantments that helped her eyesight required concentration, something she did not want to find lacking when she faced whoever it was.

'Where are you, damn it...' her eyes flicked around her carefully, taking in what she could with her mere human eyesight. It would take at least fifteen minutes for her eyes to completely adjust and in the meantime she'd be at a disadvantage already in addition to whatever abilities the person had.

Alexandra's dark hair had grown out and trailed down her back despite being tied up, her cheek-bones were even more defined than before after spending so long in a cold, relatively sunless climate. The sharp contrast in her features made it easier to spot her, but even she was a bit vain and didn't want to have to change have to change her appearance unless nessecary. Of course she also reasoned that the less people who knew of her ability, the better.
So this pale figure prowled along the grass, wondering whether she was the hunter or the hunted. Rather dramatic and far away from the reality of the situation fortunately.

Then she heard the not-so-quiet retching in a nearby alley. Being one who often let her curiousity get the better of her, Alexandra strode into the enclosed space, casting a nonverbal 'lumos' as she tried to see what was going on. The figure of a very pale, blond woman throwing up blood behind a pile of trash emerged. Alexandra took an involuntarily deep breath and smelt the foul stench of garbage mixing with the blood. For the first time since she got there, her cynical side was laid to rest.
"What happened?" she murmured as she walked up the the woman whose hair concealed her face, though she did seem oddly familiar.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Misery was tense before, but nothing could compare to panic welling up inside her as she felt Alexandra move around, and then edge closer. It was just the most pathetic scene playing, and Misery had no way of controlling it. When Alexandra spoke, she shuddered. In between coughs and short breaths, she managed a "Go. Away."

If Alexandra failed to recognize her, maybe she'd do as asked and back off. As it was, Misery held on to that thought as she continued taking shirt gulps of air, then finally seemed to calm a bit. Taking a couple of steps back, to the opposite wall of the alley, the vampire slumped down. Her head was hidden between her drawn-up knees, arms wrapped around her upper body. Fair hair caked with dirt and blood stuck in every which direction, falling over her shoulders, tickling down her back. The cold Misery should not have been feeling was cutting across her skin again. She realized she was shaking. "Please just go away."
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:49 pm

"I'm going to help you." she replied firmly, completely ignoring the blonde's protests. Hell if she was going to just walk away from someone vomitting blood in an alley, especially in the state she was in, covered in dirt, blood and god knew what from the garbage. Immediately, Alexandra began to clean up the woman, vacuuming up the filth with her wand and conjuring a jacket to wrap around Misery's stiff shoulders. As the dirt went away, the form became more and more hauntingly familiar.
Alexandra tried to brush the blonde hair back from the woman's face and move her legs so that she could look at her face. She really was unnaturally pale... But surely vampires didn't vomit up the very substance they lived on.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:00 pm

"Stop- leave me alone," having repeated her protest a couple of times, Misery found it to be decreasing in intensity, when she would have preferred the opposite. Her voice was weak, the want half-hearted. She wasn't even pushing away; her arms remained firmly wrapped around her own body, but head turned, body twisted as if it wanted to get away. Truth was, Misery wasn't sure what she wanted. She cursed the feeling. She was supposed to know exactly what she wanted. Sorrow was the idiot bipolar one.

"Go away."
    Don't leave me if-
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:14 pm

"Shhh," Alexandra wrapped the coat around the blonde more firmly, hoping to keep the shivering down. It wasn't even that cold, but somehow, she doubted that it was she who was causing the shaking. If she was indeed a vampire, she sure as hell wasn't acting as vampires normally did. By now, Misery would have-
That train of thought halted her movements for a few seconds before she resumed trying to comfort the woman, noting that the conviction in her voice was dying. Wow, she realized that Misery could be dead now for all she knew. All her contacts seemed to have disappeared from England and she had no clue as to what had happened over the past year except for what others had told her. But if Misery had died because she hadn't helped soon enough...
"I'm just trying to help."
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 pm

It was bad. This situation, it was very, very bad. Idly, Misery was aware of her cheeks being wetted by her own tears, but most her senses had been drowned by the new spasm of hunger.

She'd felt it, smelt it the moment she saw Alexandra, back at Xander's house. Now it was irritating her every sense, so close, so forbidden. Just like the boy going home every evening, just like every of the few others Misery found and tasted and knew were right. Alexandra's blood would ease her stomach; not make her throw up like that man's did. It would calm Misery, but she would hate herself for it later. Quite certainly, she-

Her vision blurred. She turned her head. Reached up, reached forward quickly. Fangs searching for the softness of her friend's neck, craving the taste, type, texture. They'd sink fast and deep, sharp and piercing. Only adult vampires had real fangs, that could break the skin so easily. In some twisted way, Misery loved this part of her twisted change.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:08 am

Alexandra's fists clenched tightly at the sudden stabbing pain in the side of her neck. Her eyes widened as they stared down at the blonde head in shock, the woman was eagerly sipping from her neck and in her dazed state, Alexandra recalled that she thought the woman was a bloody vampire. Then she snapped out of the mental mist and her eyes shutttered, darkening. There was no way she was letting some stranger - familiar though she was - drink from her, that was not the sort of help she had been offering. Especially with the molten sting that came with it, breathing became harder for her as she fought to take in a breath without the fangs tearing through the soft flesh of her neck further.
Shoving the woman off her, Alexandra clutched her neck with both hands, willing the torn skin to be numb, disappear or whatever could make the pain go away. Her eyes narrowed as she fought not to shut them and blood trickled between her fingers despite her best efforts.
"Ssstop..." she hissed, trying not to move her neck too much.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:28 am

Faster, stronger, in a moment Misery was upon her again, moving Alexandra's hands out of the way, gently licking the wound so it woud close. She'd disappear now. She had to.
    I'm sorry, sounded the frightened voice, hanging loosely just outside the edges of Alexandra's mind. By taking her blood, Misery would have had complete access at this moment, but dared not wander too far in. She felt not like she had the right to do so.

I'm sorry. It's healing. I'll leave. …thank you.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 am

Alexandra couldn't believe how gullible she had been. Now the blonde who had drank from her could peek into her mind whenever she so pleased and as far as the raven-haired girl knew, there was nothing she could do about it. Thanks to her foolishness, her family and friends could be baited and caught with even more ease.
Utterly humiliated and infuriated, she barely noticed the skin of her neck healing as she fought to get the vampire off her.

"How dare y-" that voice... Fuck. Her eyes widened and suddenly she was trying to pull Misery back to her to tightly embrace rather than to run away. For a moment, Alexandra's survivor's guilt faded to the back of her mind, the only thought shining brightly was that her closest friend was alive.

"You're alive!" normally this would be the moment someone said 'no shit' - that someone being Alexandra of course - but she could care less. "Did Sorrow help you?" her eyes flashed between amber as she was unsure if the Grace brother had heeded her in time.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Sharp pain made Misery bring her hands up, clutching her head at the harsh, loud voice. She wasn't ready for it. Time had taken too much out of her, and passed much too quickly for her to recover. Now the vampire was the one pushing again, trying to get away, an apology repeated again and again inside her mind. She didn't know if Alexandra could hear her or not; it brought Misery back, her mind tortured by the screams no one else could hear.

Then Sorrow's name captured her attention. Sorrow? Yes, Sorrow was there. He was the warmth within Misery's mind and comfort, and Misery knew he didn't know how to help, but he was helping just by being there. She didn't have to see him. And Sorrow came for her that time, too. She remembered. Sorrow and the stupid Cold brothers and auntie Drusilla. And Delano. I didn't see Phantom, but Sorrow said- wait, Delano, he stayed behind and now- now we can't hear him-
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Faint screams seemed to close in on her, drawing closer then fading away into nothing. Her grip on Misery faltered as she recalled there was no way that could be her own memory, projection or the reality in this situation. Is this what the bond between Donor - voluntary or not - and a vampire entailed?
Alexandra's hands fell to her side, eyes haunted. 'What have I done to her...' She should have forced her way into the ranks of the vampires to help Misery once she recovered rather than fleeing England. Screw the MOM assassins.

Trying out their new link, she attempted to respond in the same manner as Misery since the vampire had winced when she had spoken. 'If Delano is important to you, I will go back and get him.'
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:34 am

Delano mattered; of course he did, but it had been his own choice to leave. Misery had no desire of having him brought back against his will. But her thoughts were restless, fragments of memories and fears and something she knew, all there in one big jumble. The voices she expected to hear were quiet, and those that were unfamiliar to her were breaking through the barriers of her mind. Times like these, when panic took her, Misery didn't know what she was thinking or what thoughts were her own.

You mustn't- please, no-

The vampire stood still, taking in shallow breaths as if the very air hurt her insides. It was doing her no good, she had to calm down. And this was not how Misery imagined it at all; she'd managed to worsen her own state in front of her friend, when she had been wanting to postpone their meeting, appear exactly opposite of this.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:08 am

The pleas were as unexpected as Misery's confession had been. Hesitantly putting a hand on her friend's arm, Alexandra was unsure as to how she should comfort her friend who had changed so drastically.
'Woah there,' soft but firm was her best bet. 'I won't go anywhere you don't wish me to go.'
Especially if it meant that she could hurt the blonde through her actions again, indirect or not. But she hated not knowing whether even the smallest of her normal habits would drive Misery to panic. Alexandra made a mental note to find out about where-ever Misery had been kept from Cazz or Sorrow so that she could return there one day and rid it of whatever darkness she could. Dramatic? Idealistic? Possibly impossible? Yes, but when it came to those she cared for, she couldn't help herself.

'Is there anything I can do at all?' Alexandra herself did not know if it was a plea or offer.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:01 am

Calm. That was what she needed. Calm. The warm blood had settled in her belly, finally easing her body and mind. Misery looked up, watching Alexandra quietly. She'd made herself a fool in this weak and sorry state. How can you even bear a look at me?

She paused, going blank, as if she'd lost track of an important thought. Everything seemed fine, she was freaking out for no reason at all. The night comforted her; not like Xander's house had, but it was a comfort enough. What had she been doing prior to coming here? She was fine, normal Misery, just slightly changed in appearance and then- then had one of her episodes stuck, caused by the changes or-?
    And there was Alexandra, standing right in front of her. When was the last time Misery could see her so clearly? Not ever, she thought, not quite ever. There was an odd glow about her as well, something just as unfamiliar.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 pm

'I could ask the same of you.' she returned drily. Misery had far more reason to loath her than she had to loath Misery. It was not Alexandra who had been tortured and starved in a Death Eater hide-out, only to have the one friend she could last contact, fail to even be there during her escape.

Her brow furrowed at Misery's sudden poker face as she looked more closely at her friend. What on earth was going on now? First trying to run away, now calmly standing before her. Well, at least she was actually able to have a conversation and wasn't trying to rip her throat out. Alexandra grimaced at the visceral memory, involuntarily raising a hand to her now healed neck. She rubbed at it then looked at her hand: not even a bit of dried blood. Alexandra would have to check later for a scar.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:51 am

I could never. You already know why.

Misery was shivering, once again despite the cold she should not have been feeling. No, upon focusing, she knew it was not simply the cold. It was the pain in her chest, so beautifully unbearable.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:00 am

Well, that brought a tension-filled, dramatic silence. Alexandra hadn't thought she would need to face this so soon. The last thing she wanted was to hurt her best friend even more, but at the moment, the girl could not honestly return the entirety of Misery's sentiment. Time for a cop-out reply.

'When did you realize..?' that you loved me. But that was too... direct. For godsake, she was the last person people would fall in love with in her own experience.
Back to top Go down
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 am

Misery let it be silence for a moment, then tilted her head and offered the strangest of tiny smiles. If there was a mixture of emotions hidden in it, she herself would not have been able to tell what they were.

I want to go back to Xander's. It's warm there.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Leoine
Primary
Alexandra Leoine

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:47 am

Partially confused, partially relieved, Alexandra nodded and gave a small mock bow, gesturing for Misery to begin walking to Luke's house first. In a way, she was thankful that she didn't have to face the entirety of her friend's admission, then again, it may be something that the two of them would be too... embarrassed? worried to face if prolonged.

What was certain though, was that a full-blown conversation about their relationship should not be held in a dark alley-way filled with the mixed scent of blood and rubbish.

Alexandra decided not to speak for now. Conversation would be even more awkward than their current silence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It takes my breath away {Alexandra}   It takes my breath away {Alexandra} Empty

Back to top Go down

It takes my breath away {Alexandra}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG :: Muggle World :: Ottery St. Catchpole-
Jump to: