Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Right as Rain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

Stats : 168

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 3:14 am

The sound of the rain pattering against the towering windows of the library set Jett at ease. It was a nice background to the quiet padding of other students walking among the shelves, and the scratching of quills on parchment.

Jett had been sitting at his table for nearly an hour, busy writing away. He looked up for the first time, stretching his arms out and rolling his stiff shoulders. He still had a lot to finish, but he was prepared to spend the day in here, with maybe a short trip to the Great Hall when it was around lunch time
Back to top Go down
Eleanie Kaden Carr
Prefect: 5th Year
Eleanie Kaden Carr

Stats : 144

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 3:44 am

L was a ball of spitfire or hell on wheels as she stormed into the library, soak to the bone. She had a look of utter rage as she stomped through the aisles of perfectly align shelves of books. Right at the moment she could have give zero fucks about studying and doing her potions report that was due tomorrow morning. It only took her about a second to pinpoint Jett among the thousands and thousands of books.

He was a creature of habit. He liked to seat at the same table in "his" chair. The more L got to know him, the shroud that loom over him seems to dissipates, which might not be a bad thing in her eyes.

"Why is Nikki such a bitch?" L said loudly to Jett as she slammed her book bag on the table, flinging water every which way as she tossed her hair over her shoulder. "That little sniveling little slytherin has a few screws loose if you asked me. I should have turn her into a cockroach, at least that would be an improvement!"
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 3:49 am

Jett heard L coming from the moment she entered the library. He had grown used to the heavy steps she took when she was in the middle of one of her tantrums, and by the time she reached his table he had already set his books aside. There was no use trying to study after she found him. To be truthful, he could use the break anyway.

"L," he said in greeting, giving her one of his customary smiles. She looked soaked, and he realized she must have come from outside. "Do you need to dry off? You can have my sweater if you're cold," he offered.

"I'm sure Nikki didn't mean to be a bitch," he said, and sat forward in his chair to give L his full attention. "Tell me what happened."
Back to top Go down
Eleanie Kaden Carr
Eleanie Kaden Carr

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 4:06 am

"J, you're too polite for your own good," she said disdainfully. L would have said 'nice,' but nice did not fit Jett at all. Nice implies that Jett doesn't receive or have no alternative motives behind doing something kind. In fact, with his sick, twisted voodoo power over people, he garners exactly what he thrives on, attention. To her, that wasn't a totally bad quality to have, it suited Jett's persona than just being 'nice.' Nice was overrated anyways.

"I don't want to talk about that wench," she said flinging her body in the closest chair and flinging her muddy boots on the table as a foot rest. "What are you up too?" She said it like she was accusing him of something, which she obviously did not mean it that way.
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 4:15 am

Jett wrinkled his nose as L put her muddy feet up on the table. He was glad he had moved his things aside, or else they too would have been splattered with mud and rainwater.

"It sounded like you wanted to talk about her when you came in," Jett said carefully. He had learned that it was best to try and coax information out of L even when she said she didn't want to talk about it. If he did it just right she would tell him what was bothering her that day, and then they could move on to other, more pleasant, conversation.

"I was just working on the transfiguration paper due next week," he answered, motioning towards the stack of books at the other end of the table. "Did you come to the library to find me or were you intending to do some studying yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Eleanie Kaden Carr
Eleanie Kaden Carr

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 4:31 am

"Frankly, little miss princess is beneath me," she said as she pulled off her gloves, revealing her knuckles to be bruised and scabs that were beginning to heal. She pressed down on the bruises. A sharp pain shot up her arm, but it seemed to do the trick. It calmed her down...slightly.

"You're always studying, J. Your face always in a book." She grabbed the closest book she could reach to read the title: The boy who turned into a chip tea cup. L vaguely remembered the story from her childhood. Jett was probably using the story as an analogy of how magic can go aerie if one is not careful. She tossed the book back onto the neatly stacked pile. "Don't you want to live those adventures?"
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Jett's eyes flicked down to watch L take of her gloves and he was sad to see that her hands were still covered in marks and bruises. Was this fresh batch from punching a wall or a person? It was hard to tell with L sometimes, but he hoped it was the former. Not that that was much better. He resisted the urge to reach out and cradle her wounded hands, knowing it would only spur on her anger. L did not like to be touched, even when it was the most platonic of gestures.

He tore his eyes away when she picked up his book.

"Do I want to become a teacup?" he asked with a soft smile. "Of course not. I've already had my fill of being somewhat different than everyone else."

Jett reached out to neatly stack the book she had tossed back into his pile, making no comment about how she could have placed it back nicely herself. "And what about you, L? Do you want to turn into something else, maybe?"

Back to top Go down
Eleanie Kaden Carr
Eleanie Kaden Carr

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 2:50 pm

A pool of water started to build up beneath L's seat, which quite frankly she'd ignored. It wasn't her fault that mother nature was conspiring against her. Why should she have to clean up the mess. L could have easily mutter a few simple words, cast a spell or two, to dry off in a moments notice and to clean up the trail of muddy water left in her wake, but she didn't give a damn. Maybe she got off on, living on the edge waiting for the librarian to catch her and yell at her at the top of her lungs, or maybe their was no ounce of caring left in her body.

"J, that is not what I meant and I think you know that." L's anger was rising again. Jett liked to play dumb, when he fulled understood what she was getting at. Instead of lashing out, she pressed harder against her bruises. She released her anger and transformed it into pain. "When was the last time you had a bizarre impulse that you acted on and just had fun?"

She was quick to add, "Not the fun you are thinking of either." Jett's pose, suave demeanor, mixed with his devilishly good looks and a smile that could make any person's heart skip a beat, on top of his veela powers was all kinds of trouble. "When are you going to let loose and have genuine unadulterated fun?"

L pondered his question for a few minutes. Thoughts and ideas popped into her head in droves, but reality set in. There was no point in wishing and hoping to be something she was not. She was just deluding herself, hoping her life could be anything different than it actually was. This was the real world. She has been labeled, judged and sentenced. There wasn;t nothing she could do to change that fact so why bother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Right as Rain  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right as Rain    Right as Rain  Empty

Back to top Go down

Right as Rain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG :: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry :: Third Floor :: Library-
Jump to: