Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mischief Manage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
A. Luke Brown
Professor

Stats : 477

PostSubject: Mischief Manage   Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:38 pm

There was something liberating about something as simple as taking a leisurely stroll around the perimeter of Hogsmeade. Luke enjoyed the early morning, crisp, cool air rippling across his skin and the warmth of the sun dancing across his face; making it impossible for him to decide if he was hot or cold right at that moment. All his anguish and worries that had be plaguing the recesses of his mind seem to melt away as he took one step, than another. His feet had a mind of their own. One minute he was on the steps of Hogwarts, the next minute he was stalking the trees fairly close to the Hogs Head, watching the sun skip over the sky, like a pebble across a mirror lake.

Finally, after hours of aimless walking, he stopped under an ancient willow tree. The tree seem to be alive, watching its tendrils sway in the wind; to Luke, the willow tree was performing the age-old waltz, welcoming spring anew. It was enchanting to watch the ageless dance, but Luke was compel to continue his roam into the unknown. That was before he heard voices breaking the silence.

"Trina," A young woman's voice whimper. "We shouldn't be here." Luke did not move from his spot, shrouded from view behind bark and the waterfall of vines that seem to caress the soil beneath its roots.

"Gosh, Beth. Your such a house elf," the girl name Trina responded with an obvious disdain in her voice as if house elves were beneath her. Luke did not realize how quickly time escape him. Today was one of the Hogwarts trip to Hogmeades and these were obviously Hogwarts students: Bethany Madrid and Trina Saunders, slytherins, 4th year. Their grades, and overall states of his Potions class came to mind, but was easily dismissed as he continue to listen.

"NO I AM NOT! Those bloody creatures are filthy," Beth said in defiance, but her voice still was shaking as they got closer. "I-I... there are monsters in those woods."

Trina had a shrill, high pitch, girly laugh. When her fit subsided, she said, "What do you think is in there? Ghouls? Ghost? Goblins?...Oh I know, man-eating-werewolves." Her shriek of a laughter continued, to the anguish of Beth.

At the mention of the word werewolves, an idea spread like wildfire in Luke's mind. To teach the girls' a lesson, one that intolerance was not permitted in his presence and two, that the Dark Forest was out of bounds, he was going to reawaken his juvenile ways. "I-I-I don't know-" Luke took a step, breaking a twig under the weight of his foot. "Did you hear that?" Beth was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, even Trina did not sound as confident as she did before when she said, "who-whose their?"

"Let’s go, Trina. I'll b-buy you a bracelet or something. Let’s just go!" she pleaded.

"No! WHOSE THEIR?" Trina screamed into the abyss. "I am armed so come out!" But so was Luke. His wand was already to his throat. He weaved several non-verbal charms together until a howl echoed, reverberating off the surrounding trees, making the woods came alive with the sound of multiple wolves on the prowl. Luke was on the floor in tears of laughter, hearing the shrieks and screams of the young girls, watching them topple over one another as they ran back to the direction of Hogwarts, probably going to change their damp clothes, before anyone sees them.

After the fits were gone, and he struggle to take a deep breath through continuous laughter, he said to no one in particular, “Just like old times.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

Stats : 401

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Going out during the day just to spite all the other vamps who rather would not (or the really old ones who could not, man, their 'skin condition' really got worse with age) was way more fun than she would have thought and, as she very recently discovered, tended to earn her a bit more free time overall. Sneaking around to catch shadows was less fun, but still well worth being outside at all. She found the forest easy to visit and to just be in; there was a scent of her childhood there, as if only a couple of years ago she’d been a decade younger. It felt good, it reminded her of the days when she felt good, even with all the shit happening and the promises they made they’d never keep, but it didn’t even matter, they were foolish and free.

It was beneath the branches that she liked to remember things, even though a lot didn’t even happen there, maybe didn’t happen at all, but the castle held other things within its stone and she didn’t like all of those. And it was beneath the branches that she found him, like before, when real things didn’t matter. She saw him ahead, breaking twigs and nerves, probably. She crossed her arms and leaned on a tree and bit her lips and watched him. She heard the screams, his laugh was infectious and she had to cover her mouth with her hand so as not to reveal her presence, not just yet.

There could not have been a more perfect moment if she’d planned it, so when he said the thing, right, just the right thing she followed up immediately in reply, “Makes you wish you were fifteen again, don’t it?” She let him have a minute; to turn around and see her there wearing this wide, huge, shit-eating grin, because really who wouldn’t if they just ran into one of their best friends or past best friends but who the fuck even cared at this point. She gave a little salute and said, “Shit are we still allowed to do that after we graduate?” Then again she never actually graduated so.

“Honestly, I’m hurt,” she said, pushing away from the tree to walk closer to him. “Ghosts and goblins and ghouls? Oh my,” she finished with a taste of irony to her tone and assumed a pose once she came to a stop; one arm over her stomach, the other erect from the elbow as she motioned wildly with her hand. “Vampires used to be scary, y’know? What happened even? I blame Sorrow.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegraceclan.blog.hr/
Eleonora Valenta
Head of House: Hufflepuff

Stats : 164

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:18 pm

There were days that Eleonora could not remain indoors, regardless of the amount of work she had stacked on her desk. The sun called to her, and the breeze that wafted in through the open windows was too alluring to ignore. Today was one of those days: it was hardly morning when she gave up on the scrolls needing to be graded and left the school grounds with only her own thoughts for company.

She spent much of the morning and early afternoon wandering the paths of the forest she now knew so well. How different they looked with the daylight pouring through the canopy of leaves, and the shadows cast by the large trunks of trees. The guilt of abandoning her duties, as well as a growing hunger, soon forced her steps towards Hogsmeade, where she knew she could get a bite to eat and then head home to the school. As she neared the edge of the forest she caught the sound of laughter and chatter, no doubt belonging to a pair of students who should not be here at all. Knowing it was her responsibly to scold them, she headed towards the noise and walked into a clearing with a large willow tree.

“Oh!” She started, surprised to find a familiar face by the tree. She had been so sure the laughter had been from students that seeing Luke sitting in the grass caused her to pause awkwardly in her words. She recovered quickly as she noticed another person leaning casually against the tree.

Eleonora had never seen the blonde woman before – had she? The delicate features of her face put her in the mindset of candles and books and mint; everything she associated with Sorrow. She studied the girls face a moment longer, trying to understand why she had the feeling of recognition yet the certainty that she did not know a thing about whoever this stranger was. Too late she realized she was staring, and quickly looked back to Luke.

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude.”  It was just like her to wander into someone she knew when all she wanted was to enjoy the solitude of the forest. It was getting harder and harder to find a quiet moment alone these days. She liked Luke well enough – she had to admire a man who had such an amiable relationship with his owl, yet she felt out of place walking into a situation in which she had not been invited. Reaching up to brush her hair from her face, she gave a weak smile in apology.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A. Luke Brown
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Wheezing, laughter, and chocking swirled into one unstoppable force as Luke struggle to take a breath. He was keeled over on the ground in a fit of madness laughter. His sides hurt from laughing so hard and his chest felt heavy as if a centaur’s hove was compressing it making it almost impossible to take a breath. To top it all off, tree branches kept whacking him as the wind picked up. Finally, he forced to inhale a breath. It felt like shards of glass was digging into his sides and there was a persistent burning sensation that seem to flare up as he struggle to take in another breath. Than all of a sudden his laughter stopped altogether. He froze, entangled in roots and his school robes hearing a familiar voice. It can’t be… His heart stopped than started to beat faster than a defibrillator. Still on the ground, he spun around 180 degrees like a spin top and their she was his best friend. He could not hold back his smile, that grin that not only reach from ear to ear but sparkled in his eyes. There she was, Misery Grace, the person who has gone from Hell to High waters for him: his rival, adversary, friend, partners in crime and above all else the last family member he has left (even though he never once told her) all rolled into one being.

For the first time, he was stun speechless. Just sitting there, grinning like a fool. Finally he found his voice. “Okay, Dorothy.” He wanted to asked her a million and one questions, he wanted to run up and tackle her into a bear hug, and the urge to hex her all at the same time, but he resign himself to “I blame Stephenie Meyer’s. She made vampires into horny sluts, who sparkle. Do you sp-“

He did not finish his sentence as once again he was interrupted, but this time, it was a pleasant interruption. “Nora, not at all.” He was always pleased when Nora graced his presents. She was a ray of hope in those weary days, Luke wanted to flip a table. He always enjoyed her conversations, even though they talked mostly about work, animals, animagi and other inconsequential subjects.
Luke got to his feet, feeling awkward being the only on sitting in the grass. Luke attempted to brush the grass stains off his brown, tattered robes but he was only making it worse, smearing it into his clothing. Finally, giving up because it was futile. He turn to Misery. “This is Elenora, Professor of Care of Magical Creatures.” He turn to Nora, turning his back to Misery (which in hindsight was never a good idea). “Nora, this is my old friend, well my best friend, Misery. Don't be fool by her name. For the most part, she is anything but...”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:47 pm

“Who the shit is Dorothy,” she asked and clicked her tongue and was again smiling down at him. “I’m sorry I’ve been using formal language so long it is exhausting, let me tell you.” And then she just stood in front of him, all at once wanting to hug him and maybe punch him, just a little, but mostly to hold him to feel that he was there, but also she was a tiny bit afraid to move, now, as if she needed to not touch him, just to make herself feel better when she couldn’t. In the end she cocked her head and said, “C’mere you dork,” and it was a hug, briefly, safe and warm like once before, maybe, or like she imagined it sometimes.

“I’ll have you know that vampires who are also sluts are not unheard of. They even sparkle! Though I think it’s mostly glitter.” She barely finished and he stopped mid-sentence; and for a brief moment Misery was excited because at that moment she caught a scent, unmistakably familiar. Yet when she looked to the presence that Luke was addressing, her smile slipped and her heart dropped just a bit. The redhead was no one she knew, so it was startling to catch a whiff of Sorrow when he was nowhere nearby and she realized that it was on her, his scent, it didn’t belong to her, but it was on her nonetheless.

“Hold up a sec,” she said, her hand up in a stop sign. Sorrow had been very private and hush-hush about his thoughts lately, like, he mentioned some things, maybe, briefly, but there were no pictures which was a real crying shame and completely unfair to be honest, cause all she saw day in day out were vampires and stone and more vampires. Anyway. “Yeah, hi,” she gave a little wave while her mind raced to solve this puzzle. “Oh my gods, oh I got it!” And she launched herself at Luke’s back, slapping it, very satisfied with herself, and then nearly hung herself on his arm, all the while cackling and trying to reach her brother’s mind. “He wouldn’t tell me, I mean- oh you little shit.” She got him.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:39 pm

Nora was grateful that Luke always had a knack for making her feel welcome. It didn't matter if she hadn't meant to walk into his private conversation; he invited her to join none the less. It was a trait that made her smile change from being apologetic to warm and open. She was happy to meet someone whom he considered his best friend, as she could not imagine him being friends with anyone less than friendly themselves, if a bit more verbose than she was accustomed to.

As he motioned to the girl standing nearby she considered how he introduced her. Misery. That was a peculiar name, it almost – oh. Oh no.

Eleonora felt the color drain from her face as she put the name to the somehow familiar face of the other woman. The odd name, the feeling that she had seen her before – it couldn't be a coincidence. She was now standing in front of Sorrow's sister, completely caught of guard. Self-consciously she ran a hand through her mass of curls and tried not to notice her mud stained boots and the lattice work of pale scars that covered the bare skin of her arms. Out of all the ways she had imagined meeting Sorrow's family this was not even on the list. This, alone, without him here to give her courage, was a nightmare.

Things got progressively worse as Misery at first seemed to ignore her, before suddenly barking out in laughter and hanging onto Luke in her mirth. Nora could only stand there nervously, all the while giving Luke a look that she hoped he understood meant help me.

“I-um. Are...are you alright?” Her voice came out much too meek. Why did she sound like that? “It's nice to meet you. I think I've heard some about you, not from Luke- ah, not that he wouldn't talk about you, if you are best friends and all, but from...well.” The longer she spoke the harder it was for her words to string together coherently. She was making a fool of herself already, wasn't she? An unwanted blush began to creep up her cheeks, staining them a pale pink that seemed to match the budding flowers in the clearing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A. Luke Brown
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Luke embrace Misery fully, like the past couple of years, when they barely kept in contact, never even happen. Her familiar touch, cold yet oddly inviting, sent ripples of goose bumps up and down his flesh. It was really her and not his imagination. Even when she made her presence known, Luke was hesitant to trust his eyes, because Misery had done it before: played fucked up mind games with him, which left him tripping out. Misery had a way of screwing with someone without laying a single finger on them, something that not even Theodora ever could master. At that moment, it just felt right as if once again they were prowling the halls of Hogwarts, causing mischief and mayhem. Oh, the trouble they were in, on top of the amount of shit they got away with, for instance jumping off the astronomy tower without brooms after hours, just for the hell of it.

Luke tense up watching the interaction go down with Misery and Nora. He was fairly proficient at reading people; the way they walk, talk, stand, especially their eyes, all of it were cues on the situation at hand. His eyes shifted from Misery, who was hanging on his arm, to Nora who was several yards away still. Both look quizzical at each other like they have meet before, but to his recollection, Nora started at Hogwarts just a year prior, way past Misery’s time at Hogwarts. Second of all, Nora was a routine kind of gal, stuck in her ways. She liked order, moving one task to the next with grace and dedication. Misery on the other hand was ADHD to the max. Whatever took her fancy, she vehemently took interest in and once it loss all of its appeal, she moved on. They were polar opposites and that is why Luke could get along so well with both of them, because he was the glue that held both sides: his fanatic, chaos side and the side that love structure and order. Just look at his home, the cabin in the woods and you would see the truth. To be honest, Nora was the ghost in the crowd, while Misery was on center stage. Misery is hard to forget, even when she is not trying.

“Do you…*slap* Ouch!” Misery slapped him square in the back. It might have been even louder than his wolf howl and it stung. You cruel little bitc- Well, at least it wasn’t his chest, which still hand the scar that his ever favorite Death Eater scrawled out on it. It still caused him mild pain, even after all these years.

Nora seemed more scared than confused. Luke didn’t blame her. Misery was a lot to handle even the best of times. “Excuse her. She gets like this. Ignore the ramblings of a lunatic.” Even as he said it, he did not take the words to heart. He held onto every word as if it was his life line. The intrigue was too great to ignore. Than it dawn on him, what the other two knew almost instantly about one another, which was the missing piece all along.

“Sorrow?”

He helped finish Nora’s sentence and after he said it, it just seemed to fit. But he know had more questions, than answers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:18 pm

If she’d been paying attention, she’d have seen that Eleonora was now quite a bit paler than moments before; however as her thoughts wrapped around Sorrow’s she completely tuned out, instead looking to let him know that she knew now, thanks, and why did he have to be such a dick and not tell her. "What." Oh good she caught him sleeping. “Mis?” “Yeah.” “Why.” “Okay but hear this.” “What.” “Nora.” “Yes.” “Nora.” “Ye- oh shit.” “Yeah.” “Are you freaking her out don’t freak her out.” “Excuse you I’m very pleasant comp- uh well maybe a little.” “What.” “How pale is she usually.” “Mis.” “Ok but don’t worry Xander’s here.” “Oh.” “Yep.” “Why are you here even.” “Ouch I came to see you ofcourse.” “Aren’t you still banned from the grounds.” “I’m here with your girlfriend Sorrow, pls stop saying hurtful things. Also we’re on the Hogsmeade end so TECHnically-” This went on a while longer; the fast-paced exchange of immediate thought, until at last she could feel him blushing across distance and she decided, satisfied, that her job was done. On that end anyway.

She blinked and grinned up at Eleonora and said, “You’re gorgeous, I mean, yeah I could see it.” She gave a little nod to herself and then, “I’m so sorry, I did hear a little bit from Sore-eye but he didn’t say you two were like, like that.” She detached herself from Luke finally and got a bit closer to Nora, “Now wait I got to do it proper, y’know, like he did.” And despite the fact that Luke had already introduced her, she gave this theatrical bow and said, “I go by the name of Grace, ah, whatever.” Straightened up and smiled like she couldn’t get enough of Nora’s face. “Pleasure to meet you.” It came to mind that she probably should behave herself, now, when it wasn’t just her and Luke, especially since this woman seemed to mean so much to Sorrow and honestly she really didn’t want to freak her out it just sorta happened. She looked from her to him sheepishly, tried an “Uh” and “Ah” and scratched her head and calmed down a bit cause, ok, she wasn’t completely crazy but if Luke was any indication she did sometimes give off the vibe (asshole). “I haven’t been around here in two- two? yeah two years I think. And I hadn’t seen that guy,” she told Nora, jerking her thumb in Luke’s direction, “Way too long, again, so. Yeah.”

“I was gonna go up to the castle to see Sorrow, but he’s still in bed. How do you guys feel about grabbing a drink in the village? I’d like to hear what’s been going on at Hogwarts lately,” she said, placed her hands behind her back, looked to Luke, to Nora, smiled and said, “and stuff.”
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:27 pm

As Luke helpfully finished her thought for her, Nora nodded in confirmation. She expected some kind of answer in return, but Misery seemed to have receded into her own thoughts with a slightly glazed expression. She looked to Luke in query, wondering if Misery did this often. Something nagged at her mind, as if she should know what was going on, but she couldn't quite grasp it. In short order it was over, though, and Misery turned to her with a grin and a compliment.

“Oh, t-thank you.” She stammered, the pink of her cheeks now decidedly red. Misery proceeded to reintroduce herself, complete with flourish and bow, and Nora could not help but marvel at how different she was from Sorrow. She could see the resemblance clearly now, but in demeanor his sister was much more lively. It was no surprise she and Luke were such fast friends. The way they spoke of each other and interacted warmed her heart, even if the way they casually insulted each other was a bit foreign to her.

After the introductions had been made there was a slight pause in the conversation, and Nora faltered to find something, anything to say. She was spared when Misery suggested they head out for a drink.

“I should really get back to the school. I've got....” Her words trailed off as she pursed her lips together and really thought about what she was saying. Trying to extract herself from social situations came naturally to her, and it was force of habit that she began to decline the offer. Was that really what she wanted though? She had already planned to stop in Hogsmeade, and hadn't she been doing her best to involve herself more with others  lately? It was difficult to balance her enjoyment of solitude with the desired growth that came from opening up around others. Now seemed a perfect opportunity to give it a try again, as she did enjoy Luke's company and she desperately wanted to make a good impression on Misery. If she turned down her offer it might appear as if she did not want to get to know the other woman, and that was far from the truth. Nora just wished she had known she would be doing so today, in order to mentally prepare herself.

“Actually, yes, ok. That sounds nice. Thank you for inviting me.” She  looked graciously to Misery, feeling a bit more like herself now that the others had calmed down and she had a moment to breathe. Maybe, just maybe, they would even run into Gail while in the village. Her friend was still working at the tea shop, though had plans to leave soon. Just the thought brought a quiet sadness to Nora, as she knew she would miss Gail's easy company dearly. Perhaps even if they did not run into her she would stop by her home on the way back, just to say hello.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A. Luke Brown
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:06 pm

The gloss eyed look in Misery’s eyes was offset by the bemuse smile plastered all over her face. He knew, he knew exactly what Misery was up to before she even snapped out of it, but he didn’t say anything. All he did to answer Nora’s unasked question was shrug, before combing his fingers in his hair, which had the opposite effect. His hair was usually croppy and unmanageable, but when he attempted to tame it, it seem to get more wild, primitive, which did not help his look at all with his patch, tattered robes and his scruffy beard. Quite frankly, he looked like a hobo off the street.

After Misery finally recovered, Luke lean in and whispered, “You know you drool when you do that,” but she ignored him. Instead, she untethered her arm around his, stepped forward and flourish with a grand bow. It reminded him much of meeting Sorrow for the first time. He did not know Misery and Sorrow was a vampire of course, not at first at least, but Sorrow seemed stiff, wise, and almost regal in his presence and in name. There was nothing else that seem fitting, than to bow. Now, that he thought of it, it seem kind of foolish and silly.

When Misery said “and stuff,” it always meant trouble for the rest of them, but he wasn’t going to turn down free food. Misery was after all buying. She had no say. So in two short strides compared to Misery’s four, he caught up to her, intertwining his arm around her once again and started heading towards Hogsmeade. His strides were longer, faster pace than Misery’s, so he was basically dragging her along with him as she still kept glancing back at Nora. Once again, he lean in and whisper, “Stop ogling her. And be nice.” His words were so low, he doubt even Misery could hear him, because he was distracted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:21 pm

She was ready to dismiss Nora’s refusal, but when the woman stopped herself and changed her mind Misery beamed at her, nodding her head, clicking her tongue and said, “Good, off we go!” She started on the way ahead of the other two, but soon enough Luke was looping her arm with hers again and walking so fast he nearly dragged her along. She considered dropping like dead weight and letting him drag her all the way. “I am not ogling her, Brownie-poo. Also. What are you talking about I’m always nice.” Maybe not always, but at least when it was like, relevant. Then she slipped his arm away from his because she got an even better idea; grabbed a fistful of his robes to make him slow down and waited two or three steps so Nora could catch up to them. Looking to Luke from where she hopped behind him, she grabbed his shoulders and jumped up onto his back. “I’m tired, carry me.” Making sure he wouldn’t just drop her back onto the ground she held on with her knees and hugged her arms over his shoulders and across his chest.

“So, where do we want to go?”
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:06 pm

Nora was more than happy to trail behind the two friends as they walked arm in arm towards the sounds of the village ahead. Luke's pace was rapid, and she neither had the long legs nor the determination to keep up with him. It was nice to walk behind, just watching the two others giggle and whisper. She didn't feel quite like an outsider, but she also didn't feel like she fit in exactly, either. It was fine by her, though, as it gave her time to focus on what she had come out for in the first place. The fresh feel of the sun warming her skin, and the breath of a breeze that gently ruffled her hair out behind her as she walked.

She found her thoughts wandering, as they often did. She hoped Polaris was taking care of himself out in the forest today, and that no students had come to her office looking for her while she was out. She thought of the upcoming spring vacation and whether or not she would leave the school to visit her family, and of the papers she needed to grade. When Misery paused and looked back to Nora, waiting for her, it took a moment for her to pull herself away from her thoughts and notice. As she finally caught up she was forced to take a step back as Misery jumped onto Luke's back, demanding to be carried the rest of the way. Nora almost envied the way they were so close; she would never have done anything like that, even with her best friends.

The rest of the walk into Hogsmeade Nora remained reserved, listening to Luke and Misery chatter besides her. They settled on going to Madam Puddifoots, as Nora suggested stopping by in hopes of seeing Gail. Plus, it was not over crowded with students on their weekend trip. There was the odd couple sitting in the cozy shop, but other than that it was a quiet and out of the way spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard

Stats : 41

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:03 am

It was quite the busy Saturday at the tea shop, with only little ol' Gail to help Madam Puddifoot run the shop. Nearly every table had been filled with Hogwarts students who had come with their dates, leaving only the counter seats left, and although that left quite a lot of tea to be made, most kids ordered rather simple and easy drinks so things weren't as busy as they appeared. Gail listened as Madam Puddifoot welcomed in the next couple, who seated themselves at the counter, leaving only three empty bar stools. Gail glanced over to see a young blue-eyed Ravenclaw boy accompanied by a pretty blonde Hufflepuff girl, who both appeared sheepish and uncertain of what they wanted to order. Once Madam Puddifoot noticed how they were browsing the menu like it was in some foreign language, she cheerfully walked over to help.

"Ohhh, what a lovely couple you two make! Can I interest you two in our new peachberry tea? It has a mixture of strawberries, kiwis, and of course peaches, blended with our jasmine green tea. I'm sure you kids will absolutely love it!" Madam Puddifoot smiled, revealing all the wrinkles in her face that simply added to her motherly charm.

The young girl nodded first, "I do love peaches!" And then the boy smiled and gave a curt nod, content with drinking whatever his lovely date liked.

"Excellent! I'll have that right out for you two." Madam Puddifoot gave another smile, before walking back to Gail, who had been busy preparing another batch of green tea, the base tea for the most popular drinks on the menu. As Madam Puddifoot grabbed a couple mugs and began preparing the peachberry tea, Gail glanced over with a knowing grin.

"Are you sure you aren't psychic? You always know exactly what tea people will like." Gail asked as she poured some of the green tea from the tea pot into the two mugs the Madam pulled out.

"It just takes years of experience dear, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually." Madam Puddifoot gave a wink as she added the flavors to the tea. As she turned to serve the tea to the two kids, Gail laughed, "You have quite the confidence in my tea expertise, Madam Puddifoot!"

"It's all about knowing people sweetheart! Here, try with these lovely folk."

Gail looked over to see Puddifoot nod towards a group who'd just entered the shop, and a grin surfaced instantly as Gail recognized her good friend Eleonora who must have come in for a quick visit. "Hey Eleonora, and hello, friends of Eleonora! You're just in time, the good Madam would like me to guess your favorite teas! Come come, sit sit!" Gail motioned to the bar stools in front of her. Had Gail not been surrounded by a mountain of smelly herbs and tea, she probably would have caught the earthy scent of the forest that clung to them, but alas, her sense of smell was hopelessly overwhelmed at work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A. Luke Brown
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:28 pm

“You, my dear, weigh a ton,” he said jokingly as he shook his head to get Misery’s blond hair out of his face. Surprisingly, she was very light, lighter than usual. “Have you been eating well?” he asked her, just a little concern about her health. It was weird. Being around her, almost felt liberating, like he could go back to those happier times and recapture those lost moments. Even when he fretted about the small stuff, or so Misery would say, it seem so easy to care a little bit more, to smile a little bit brighter, to be there for a friend.

After Misery got situated, kneeing him in the back, twice, He followed behind Nora, slowing his walking considerably. He knew Misery was watching Nora as the progress through the streets of Hogsmeade. To be honest, Luke would too if he found out that his twin brother, who practically was join at the hips most of their lives, found a significant other. Thank god, he was an only child. Think of the hell they would have raised at home, in school. Hogwarts would have been a wasteland of ruins. Well, more so than it is now. “What do you think?” he muttered, watching as Nora was getting farther and farther away, as Luke intentionally slowed his pace to a crawl. Nora did not really talk much, unless she had something interesting to say and at the moment, she was content with the fact to let them be, which was kind but unnecessary. They had a knack for picking up where they left off.

He did not need to follow Nora to know where they were headed, after they pass the Three Broomsticks, which got a new proprietor. They were going to the world renowned Madam Puddifoot tea shop. He had been of few occasions, but not as much as Headmistress Naer went. She went here religiously. If there was a God, it would be in her earl grey and Satan would be swimming around in her black tea.

“Thanks,” he said to one of the numerous Hogwarts students held the door open for the three of them. Patricia was her name, and she eyed him, giving him an odd look like why is my Potion’s Professor giving a piggyback ride to people? Shouldn’t he be doing, I don’t know, adult things like work? All he did was smile at her, which made her turn red in the face, before scurrying off, most likely to tell her friends what she just witness. She wasn’t the only one who took note of the oddity. Couples turn to look. One even whispered loudly, “Aww! How cute,” before giggling into her tea.

“Nice to meet you. I am Luke. This is Misery. I would shake your hands, but as you can see I have my hands full at the moment.” The only chairs open were at the counter. He did not mind. He got to see Madam Puddifoot once again, so, without putting Misery down he walked the length of the tea shop, not caring what his students thought of him. “Lovely to see again Madam Puddifoot. How is your arthritis? Is my medicine helping?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:23 pm

“Been stuffing my face,” she said, laughing. “All part of my plan to make you suffer.” In truth her diet had not changed much since her coming to the mountain, but it was not so much a lack of eating as her nerves burning through everything she put inside her mouth. The strict schedule that kept her from coming and going as she pleased nearly had her in tears at times and often she couldn’t even work out the stress. After so long in attendance, she was beginning to lose hope of ever getting used to her new life.

She leaned her chin on his shoulder and looked at Nora as she walked ahead of them. “There’s something about her. I can see why Sorrow would like her.” She was a bit worried, maybe, but delighted in the thought that he’d found someone and that he was happy. “I wish I’d been around more, got to know her sooner.”

The outside of the little shop looked much like she remembered it, though Misery did not recall ever venturing inside during her student years. Upon entering her nose filled up with various scents which triggered a small headache and she buried her nose into Luke’s clothes because he was so near her and familiar and the panic at being blinded gradually subdued. The scent of him kept her safe, kept her sane. She smiled into the fabric at the sound of giggling and lifted her eyes just in time as they were welcomed.

Misery decided immediately that she liked Gail. She said as much, with a curt nod of her head. Then, after Luke introduced them and carried her towards the bar, a whispered, melodramatic, “Gods I need to change my name. Like if I was people I wouldn’t believe it was real, y’know.” Once Luke stopped she lightly slipped off his back and gave a little wave to the woman across the bar. “Afternoon, mam!”
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Nora visibly brightened when she caught sight of Gail. She had never quite learned how to hide her feelings, and right now she was over joyed to see her friend was indeed working. It took some of the pressure off of her to socialize with the others; Gail was a butterfly when it came to meeting and talking to new people. It was one of the things that had drawn Nora to her in the first place. It was easy to sit and listen to whatever cheerful thing Gail had to say. She hurried over to the counter to give her a quick hug in greeting. “I was hoping you'd be here. It's great to see you.”  

She took the open seat next to Luke, glad he had left it free so she could sit a seat away from Misery. Nora knew if she had sat next to her she would have been tense the entire time – too nervous to make a wrong move that the other woman would notice. She silently told herself to calm down, that there was nothing to fret over, yet still the bundle of nerves in stomach kept her at attention to each detail of what she did.

Looking across the counter she caught sight of Madam Puddifoot and gave her a sweet smile. She no doubt knew Nora by sight at this point, as she had been in often lately. It was a comfortable place where she felt safe and cocooned in the many scents of tea and flowers. The scent brought memories of the evenings she had spent here with Sorrow, and she took a moment to linger on the pleasant thoughts, her expression becoming peaceful as she gazed out the window. When she looked back to the counter, her eyes settled on Misery. She should do her best to get to know her, as it wasn't every day you met your partners twin.

“Misery,” she chanced, voice quiet but growing stronger. “Have you and Luke known each other since you were in school? Were you both in the same year? I know...I know you were quite a few years behind me when I was there.” She was curious, as they seemed so close. It must have taken many years for the two of them to become such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:14 pm

"It's good to see you too Eleonora! I hope your classes haven't kept you too busy!" Gail turned from Eleonora to the two in her company, "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Luke, and Misery! What kind of tea can I fix up for you? We have a new peach brew that's quite popular!" She folded her hands over her apron and patiently awaited their orders.

Madam Puddifoot smiled at Luke and gave a curt nod, "The medicine has been doing wonders, I really must thank you. How about your favorite cup of tea, on the house!" Without waiting for an answer, the good Madam scurried off to go brew Luke's usual tea. "I do hope you have a good reason for taking so long to come down and see me!" She called from the back room.

Gail paused slightly as she observed Misery curiously. Now where had she heard a name like that before? It sounded awfully similar to Sorrow, and considering this Misery was in Nora's company, someone who also knew Sorrow, she had to entertain the idea. "Misery, you wouldn't happen to be related to Sorrow, would you?" Gail grinned, looking to Nora for some form of confirmation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A. Luke Brown
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:07 pm

“I am glad to hear that you are doing alright,” he said to Ms. Puddifoot, who was busy whipping up her special teas.

Luke seem genuinely at ease with his surroundings. His easy going nature and his boyish like smile seemed to put his fellow companions at ease. That was his true gift. Not his animagus transformation ability, which his was highly proud of or his cunning mischievousness that get him into and out of loads of trouble, nor his mastery in potions. It was his ability to disarm people with his genuine kindness and sincerity. “Misery, I just picture you bringing suffering on to others for your own amusement,” he said only partially joking. Oh, the mischief she got him into would make anyone else cringe at the thought. “In actuality, I like the name. It gives you an air of mystery. But if you don’t like it, I can always give you a new name. How about Mistress of Mayhem or Snuggle Puss!” Luke could not help himself but laugh at his own joke. “Come here Snuggles!” he said petting Misery’s long golden locks, like a kitten.

While waiting for the teas to be served, the conversation stirred towards how Misery and Luke meet. Luke involuntary tense up. He sat straighter in his stool than usual and his body became rigid. For the first time during the conversation, he did not want to be in the direct line of sight of either Misery or Nora. Did Misery even remember how they meet? Luke doubt it. Misery was the type of girl, who did not remember trivial matters or things that did not interest her. Luke sat really still, waiting for Misery’s response, watching as Madam Puddifoot summon her finest china from her cabinets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorrow Misery Grace
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:16 am

“Excuse you, I am a delight to have around,” she poked Luke in the chest, smile faltering a bit. She urged herself not to misjudge the meaning behind his words. They were strong and her heart still curled with fear sometimes and she could not help thinking of all the bad things they associated. Then again; it was Luke. She could not ever think he’d mean her any harm. It was stupid and innocent and she’d spent way too long in stone cold chambers. Goodness, life among vampires only had made her so serious. “I did feel strangely satisfied throwing those slime bombs over a bunch of screaming fourth years. But you’re one to talk! Mr Let’s-see-how-many-students-we-can-hit-with-the-stink-spell-before-they-figure-out-where-it’s-coming-from.”

She laughed, playfully swatting his hand away from her hair. “Thanks. Remind me not to ask you for advice on names ever.” Then, turning to Nora she said. “That’s right! We were,” she said simply and looked over to Luke. “Same house, too. Were you ahead of us? I would not have thought so at all! But by how many years?” It was not unusual that Misery did not know Eleonora, she could hardly remember everyone in her own year; always so busy running around researching or planning something new; people, other than her closest friends, were usually low on her list of interests.

“Organic Rooibos for me please,” she told Gail, then sighed almost theatrically and said, “It’s the hair, isn’t it?” Brushing a hand through her bleached locks that looked nothing at all like her brother’s natural curl of raven hair. In the next moment she was laughing again, smiling up at Gail, confirming that yes, she was indeed related to Sorrow. Very closely related, in fact.

The sudden tension on Luke’s skin did not escape her notice and she leaned in closer to him to question him in a whisper. “Alright?” Her fingers played along the skin of his arm, anxious to hide the concern behind a casual inquiry and probably failing at it miserably.
Back to top Go down
Eleonora Valenta

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:24 pm

“Oh, yes, a bit busy. It's nearing the end of the year and I've been trying to help them as much as I can to be ready for the their exams.” She paused a moment to reflect, bringing a concerned hand to her lips in habit. “I hope the practicals I came up with aren't too difficult. Maybe I'll look over them tonight...”

She let her words fade out as Gail smiled and turned to the others with her, introducing herself and sparking up a conversation of her own. Nora merely listened while the others spoke and sipped at her tea gingerly when it arrived. The delicate flavors of the white tea and peach blossoms relaxed her, added comfort to a situation she would usually find anxiety inducing.

Before Misery answered her question she swatted away Luke's hand from her hair, an action Nora watched with a small smile. The other professor was finding opportunities to touch Misery, even if they were the simplest of gestures: a run of his hand through her hair, a reassuring brush of her arm – it was obvious to Nora only because she was accustomed to watching others more than interacting herself. It was sweet to see, though. Perhaps there was more to the two of them then they were letting on.

“That's so nice that you have been friends for so long. You seem very close still,” she offered a gentle smile to Misery and a subtle glance at Luke, who suddenly seemed less confident and comfortable. She hoped it was not due to the topic she had brought up. “Oh, I was, ah, quite a few years ahead of you. I think...five years I think.” Nora felt a slight blush creep up her cheeks despite herself. It was no issue to her to be dating Sorrow, who was quite a bit younger than her, but what would his twin think? Perhaps she would deem Nora too old, or to not have enough in common due to the age difference. “I'm afraid I don't recall much about the other students in the house from back then. I wasn't much of a social person.”

Of course, she still wasn't. It helped to have friends that could lead the conversation, though, and Nora knew she could count on Gail to pick it up where she left off. “Gail was in Hufflepuff as well, closer to your year.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gail Rimmell
Neutral Witch/Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:45 pm

As Madam Puddifoot returned with Luke's usual tea, Gail gave a curt nod and a smile to Misery and stepped away to prepare her tea. The others continued to chat away, Puddifoot included- she always seemed to enjoy talking to her customers. When Gail returned with Misery's tea, Nora mentioned that Gail had only been a few years ahead of the other two during their time at Hogwarts.

"Oh goodness, Hogwarts feels so long ago already!" She laughed, "I remember my mates daring me to do the craziest things- oh! Like during my fourth year, when they had me serenade to the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor during supper- of course one of my mates cast Sonorus so the entire student body could hear. And back then the professor was such a stiff, I'm pretty sure I was in detention for weeks after that!" Gail snorted as she pictured how red-faced the old professor had been when she had started belting out the lyrics at the highest pitch she could muster. She could remember all the laughter that rumbled through the Great Hall, and then as the professor abruptly stood, all the students fell silent. Gail was almost certain that the other professors were struggling not to smile though, so it was all in good fun of course.

Though Gail and her friends always got up to the craziest things, and she did end up in detention a handful of times, they're antics were more so loud than anything, so often times the Professors were annoyed, but couldn't always find proper cause to punish them for it. She must have driven the professors mad, she was sure of it, but it had always been harmless nonetheless. And she was still a good student after all, studied for all her exams, practiced her magic, and of course she had taken to Care of Magical Creatures.

"Oh but I'm sure you all have some wild stories about your Hogwarts years too! I'd love to hear about them!" She looked at all three of them; Eleanora, Luke, and Misery, as she hadn't known any of them during her school years. She put her elbows on the counter and her head in her palms as she was expected to hear some rad stories and learn a bit more about Eleonora and her friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A. Luke Brown
Professor

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:12 pm

"Yes, yes. You're a delight like a fuzzy wuzzy kitten," Luke said thanking Madam Puddifoot for his cup of tea. Without any thought he took the dainty spoon and helped himself to three teaspoons of sugar and a splash of milk. He tried to ignore his sudden awkwardness and tense demeanor, but it persisted to linger in the back of his mind.

"Yah, I'm alright," Luke whispered to only Misery, before turning back to the conversation at hand. "Nora, practicals are suppose to be challenging. I am making my students concoct the Draught of Peace by memory." It was a wicked and challenging potion to create, due to the fact that the brewer had to follow the steps carefully, because making a mistake could have dyer consequences. He wasn't doing it to punish them. They knew well in advance that they needed to know how to concoct five potions and that he would make them do one for memories. They have done lengthy reports on each potions and knew the nuances of each potion inside and out. They were ready.

Luke was in mid-drink when he snorted at the thought of Gail singing to a professor. That was pretty funny, but did not come to close to the antics that Misery and Luke got into. "Where do we begin? The translucent pants were a fun one. What about the time we tried to turn our skin glow in the dark? That was a horrible mistake. We had measles like bumps for days afterwards. I swear, I think I still of some of those bumps on my buttocks," he said jokingly, feeling more comfortable in his skin, as they change subjects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mischief Manage   

Back to top Go down

Mischief Manage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1