Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Door to Memories {Eirina}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

Stats : 68

The Door to Memories {Eirina}  Empty
PostSubject: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 pm

The weekend crowd at the Hogs Head was unusually light when Landon walked in, fresh from the warming spring afternoon. He choose one of the many empty tables, no doubt unoccupied due to the first nice day since the start of winter, and took a seat after ordering a drink. While this was not his usual haunt on a rare day free from work, it was where he had arranged to be. He had been exchanging owls with the Headmistress of Hogwarts, requesting information on himself. In his letters he explained his predicament,  his amnesia, and kindly asked if she could take a look through her records and see if he was present in the schools history. It was a simple request, and one which he suspected would be granted. That was why he was here, now. He was waiting for the Headmistress to meet him, armed with only the information he had revived from her letter: her name was Eirina Naer, she was in charge of everything that happened up at the school, and she had something she could tell him.

It was an avenue Landon had never used before, though it was one that was likely to produce results. Why he hadn't pursued it in the last four years was partly a mystery to him; he had tried so many things to reclaim his memories, spent so much time searching for records of his life in the orphanage, that it should have been one of the very first places he checked for information on himself. Maybe, in the back of his mind, he was scared. So far the only things he knew of his life previous to his accident had come from the Ministry and his friends there, which he did not remember as much as they regaled to him. To find out he indeed gone to Hogwarts, had spent much of his life there, and to still not remember any of it, was frightening. It would just become another thing he had lost. However, after his recent encounter with Aries, Landon felt compelled to triple his effort into recovering his history, as it was possible she now knew more about him than he did himself, and that was not a comforting thought.

He sighed, and took a drink of the beer in front of him. There was no going back now; he had set this up and would soon find out some answers, whether they be what he wanted to hear or not. Like so many other things he had tried, Landon had little hope of this jogging his mind back into place, but it was time to start trying again. He thought of Cazz, in the same predicament as him, and his malaise over the situation lightened. If he found out something new today he could share it with her, someone who understood what he was going through. He began to think of other things, any other things to keep him occupied, as he waited for the Hogwarts Headmistress to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

Stats : 838

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Eirina stumbled her way down the busy streets of Hogsmeade, having left Madison in charge back at Hogwarts for the time being. She had unusual business to attend to, or so she considered it that as it was a request for the Headmistress, her position, more than it had been a request for Eirina herself. Although, business for her had become a bit more personal once she had recognized just who had sent her the letter.

She had spent a day gathering the information out of the libraries on Landon Adwell, having left it to the last second, as per usual of Eirina. And although she had made formal copies of the papers for the man, she had a few things that she, herself could add as well. Things that were from her memory.

And so she arrived at the Hogs Head, shuffling her way in to meet Landon, she wondered if she would even recognize him now. Apparently she did not do so well, as she opened the doors and took her eyes to gaze around the room, no one in it appearing any more familiar than a stranger passing her by on the street. A sigh left her lips, knowing that this would be more difficult than she thought, and nothing had even started yet.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartsreborn.rpg-board.net
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:20 pm

Landon was nearly finished with his drink when the door next opened and a woman stepped in. His brown eyes, the color of the dark beer residing in his glass, shifted from the table to the woman, taking in her age (close to his own, he assumed) and general good looks. She seemed out of place in the dusty bar, like it should be beneath her, like she should be somewhere brighter and cleaner. He watched as she scanned the room and let out a sigh; a sign that tipped him off. Glancing quickly at the clock on the wall he saw it was near the time he was to meet Eirina, and given the woman's sigh he gathered that she might be who he was waiting for.

Some faint voice in the back of his mind, the one that he solidly ignored when it spoke, urged him to remain where he was and ignore her, to let the chance to learn more of this life slip away. It would be easy; she did not know it was him, he still had time to back out of this. Landon, though, was not one to desert a plan once it was made. He rose from the table, long legs pushing back the chair, and walked over to the woman with an inviting smile.

“Excuse me, and please feel free to be offended if I am totally wrong, but you look like you're looking for someone. I'm waiting for the Headmistress of Hogwarts, you can't be her, can you?” His voice was easy going and friendly in the nearly deserted bar, carrying across the room in a cheery manner. It hinted at his disbelief that someone so young could be in charge of the school; not because someone at that age could not handle it, but because when he imagined the headmistress he imagined some old wrinkled crone with a stern frown and a ruler to smack the knuckles of misbehaving students with.
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:26 am

As Eirina was looking around, a figure began to move toward her out of the corner of her eye. He was tall, taller than herself, with thick, dark eyebrows, the only feature Eirina could place as recognizable. He had on a friendly face, tousled blonde hair, and a well defined face and chin, something no 7th year would have attained. She was shocked at the difference, but then again she had no doubts that it was Landon. He seemed just as nice, and although he had briefly explained his situation to her in his letters, she still couldn't quite understand it.

As he came closer, she couldn't help but blurt out.

"Wow, do you look old..."

It was quick before she shook her head, closing her eyes for a moment in the face of her own idiocy. Of course he looked old, and of course she made it sound bad.

"I'm sorry, that was rude, I probably look old too, at least compared to our school days that is," She rambled a bit to try to cover up her mistake before answering his question, "But yes, I am the Headmistress of Hogwarts, Eirina Naer. Oh and I have a copy of all of your files right here. Do you want to take a seat and take a look at them?"

She looked back over to where he came from, assuming that he already had himself a seat, and it looked like he already had a beer as well, emptied into the pockets of his stomach. Not that one beer meant much to a man this age, it was just something she noted. Perhaps it was a way for him to cope, or perhaps he just liked a glass of beer.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 7:07 pm

The first words he heard from the woman were unexpected, to say the least. Landon, being only in his late twenties, as far as he knew, had never once been called old before. He laughed, thrown off but not at all insulted. “I'm sorry if you were expecting some fresh faced boy. I guess I haven't aged as well as I thought.”

Landon waited as she apologized, though he felt there was no need, and spouted something about her looking old, as well. His brows arched in disbelief: she did not look old at all, much younger, in fact, than he had expected. He did not fail to catch her use of pronouns, though. She said our when referring to years past, as if the two of them shared something. It might have been a slip of the tongue, a simple mannerism of hers, yet it foreshadowed something more relevant to Landon. He could just take the time to perform his magic and slip into her mind, find out just what she meant in no uncertain terms, but he refrained. This was not the time nor the place for an intrusion, despite how tempting it was. He glanced down at the papers under her arm, aware he only needed to be patient and she would share them, and whatever else she had to say, with him. He was pulled from his thoughts as she asked if he wanted to take a seat and go over the very papers he had just been looking to.

“Sure, sure,” he said, leading the way back to the table he had taken over. When they reached it he waited until she sat down before taking back his seat. “Thanks for meeting me, Miss Naer. I really appreciate it; I can't imagine this is request you get a lot of. Do you want a drink, before we reveal my history and I turn into a hot mess you have to deal with?” Landon's jovial expression remained glued onto his face while inside he was suddenly nervous. It was his natural instinct to play off the seriousness of the situation, a defense mechanism in order to keep himself focused. “I'm kidding, of course.”
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Eirina listened to Landon as he spoke, remembering back to their days at Hogwarts. She wasn't friends with him at the time, not really, she just had known him well enough. They were both in the same house after all, only a year separating the two. They were also on the same quidditch team for a few years. But Eirina couldn't remember more than visual snippets, as most of her time and her eyes went to someone else, her focus on another boy rather than everyone else around her.

As he smiled, she could feel herself smiling as well. That was something else that she could remember very well. Landon was well liked, carrying the ambitious quality of a Slytherin more than their poor character, or so Eirina thought. His smile was contagious.

"I'll be fine, why don't we get started?"

She turned to him to look for his confirmation before she proceeded with opening the file, revealing blank, white papers. She didn't look at them and pushed them toward Landon, taking a bit too much time for her to notice that the pages appeared blank.

"Just a second..."

With a swing of her wand, the pages appeared. An image of 7th year Landon was on top, followed with a basic transcript of his history at hogwarts school. It stated his age, address, parents, all of the basic information, continuing down to summarize his grades, OWLs and NEWTs included, as well as special accomplishments, such as being on the quidditch team and a prefect, what he had planned to do with his future.

On the pages behind that was his records for every individual year, first through seventh, with a picture and his grades, as well as a section for special notes. Eirina had hoped that it was enough information for him to have been looking for, and if not perhaps she could provide what she had known of him while they were in school together.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:44 pm

The headmistress was all business as she placed the papers on the table between them. If Landon was not so nervous  he would have tried to ease her attitude a bit, to get her smiling and enjoying herself. As it was, this was business, and he supposed it was only professional to treat it as such. “I'm all set, go ahead,” he confirmed her question before she pulled out her wand and the blank pages suddenly filled with neat writing and pictures.

The top page had a large picture of what was undoubtedly Landon, though he had never seen himself so young before. He recognized his dark eyes, wide smile, and high cheek bones, yet the rest of it looked so different. It was a young man looking back at him, occasionally laughing at something or glancing to the side of the frame, who was so full of energy and happiness that Landon wanted desperately to remember the exact moment this picture had been taken. He didn't, however, which was no surprise. Instead of dwelling on it, his eyes moved down the page to read the information it contained. He saw his name, his age, an address...and then he stopped. Where it labeled family there were names that followed: Christopher and Elizabeth Adwell. A second line named a Robin Adwell, and an age seven years younger than his. These were the names of his parents, and a sibling; a family he had been told never existed.

Landon had been prepared to see things about his life that he did not remember, things that he had perhaps done or been that no longer registered to him, but he had not been prepared to learn things that were a direct contradiction to what he had spent the last four years thinking were true. “No...” he mumbled, flipping through the pages. This was wrong. He read on about being on the qudditch team, being a prefect, his excellent marks in Defense Against the Dark Arts and Charms, his abysmal Potions skills. There were notes about his focus and determination, and how it tended to get him into detentions, pictures of him that grew younger the further down the stack he went. A whole life was laid out before him in words and images, and none of it made him remember. It was like looking at someone else's life but with his name and face crudely tacked on.

“There's no way this could have been tampered with during the last ten years, is there?” Landon asked, already knowing the answer. Why would it have been, anyway? What was there to gain from changing records of his; he was just an average employee of the Ministry, no one worth the hassle and danger of forging private documents. “I don't have- I was told differently from what this says.” Was his boss just oblivious to his history, and therefore told Landon what he assumed was the truth upon his waking from his coma, or was there a deliberation in what had been said? Both of these accounts of his life could not be true, one had to be a lie. He had spent the last four years thinking he had no family, believing it as much as he could believe anything, and yet here it stated he had in fact grown up with a mother and a father, even a sister. The people he had been close to, seen nearly every day over the last few years, had they willingly given him false information? No: he had seen the files from his acceptance of work in the Ministry; he had seen, in his own hand writing, many of the things that Donovan had told him, that his friends had reaffirmed.

The two histories he was now faced with were conflicting each other, spinning in his mind, and neither was emerging victorious or ringing true. That lost feeling he had suffered for so long, the one he woke up with, was ebbing its way back, threatening to drown him. A ringing began in his ears, a blackness at the corners of his vision. His head began to ache, the same feeling that had been plaguing him as of late, the one that came with a wave of distress: a sense of duality and fear. Landon shut his eyes, placed his fingers on his temples, and waited for it to pass. After a moment all that was left was the dull throb in his head and the immense confusion of what was real and what was not.

He gave a weak smile to Eirina, who was watching him closely. “I'm sorry. This just isn't what I was expecting.” He had no quick joke or amusing comment for this; it was a rare somber moment for Landon.
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 9:25 pm

Eirina watched as Landon sorted through the papers, looking at images and facts that were foreign in his deep eyes. There was so much that appeared to be going on, so much that ran through him. Eirina didn't know what to say, what to do as he sat there with images flying, scanning page after page of what she had deemed as disbelief. These words, images, they seemed to mean more to him then just that. He was learning about himself, sure, but there was something else that she couldn't place.

The aura that engulfed their table was anything but the calm and calculated act that she had noticed. That she had expected. And it was even stranger for her to watch somebody she knew basically learn everything that she had known about them. Everything that Landon was learning about now was what Eirina already knew, and it was an odd thing. She was interacting with someone who is foreign to her, that she is just meeting, as this past has not been with him. And his present is not who she has ever interacted with. She knows who he is finding himself out to be, and it was strange.

She didn't catch his mumbling, but then he started asking questions, frantick almost, in her eyes. A page could not be changed, and Eirina's face softened at the thought. He really didn't understand, and she had no way to connect with him, to really tell him that it was okay and for him to feel it. She didn't know him, she didn't know his situation. All she could do was feel bad.

Shaking her head, her eyes had seemed to dropped, saddened by what she was viewing. He was told differently, he said, and by who she didn't know. She would have asked, if it had been someone else, but she did not feel like it was her business to ask, to interrogate the man she hardly knew, who was stuck in such a state. She didn't know, really, and it was upsetting to her that she couldn't help him anymore.

Eirina gave a smile, returning his, but sad in nature as well. Her lips pulled to display some premature wrinkles around her cheeks, the stress of the years waring on her skin. Of course it wasn't what he was expecting, but what was she to do?

"It's okay, take your time. Ask whatever comes to mind, and I'll do my best to answer."

Comfort was a foreign thing to Eirina, but she'd try her best.
Back to top Go down
Landon Adwell

Landon Adwell

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Eirina returned his unsteady smile and shook her head, revealing what he had already known about the validity of the papers in his hands. With a short sigh he set them back down in order to hide his shaking hands. “Ah, yeah, of course they weren't changed. I know. Just the grasping hands of a drowning victim I guess.”

Landon found Eirina's promise to answer his questions to the best of her ability a bit odd; what could she add that he couldn't already garner from the papers in front of him? He then remembered the words she had spoken when she first walked in, how he had caught the mention of her own days at the school. Now was the time to question her about her words as perhaps they had not been just a mannerism after all.

“You said our school days earlier. Did we know each other?”  Did we know each other? Landon had lost track of how many times he had uttered that phrase in the last five years. It seemed every time someone told him something about himself he did not know he had to ask. He was a broken record, spinning endlessly around yet never hearing anything new.

“I'm sure that sounds rude; you get used to it when you don't remember. Though if I said it to a woman in any other circumstance I bet I would get slapped.” Landon was able to laugh at his jest again, pushing his worry and concern far back into his mind so Eirina could not see it.  It was still there, as black and shadowed as the past that was slowly piecing itself together. However it was something that he had to deal with himself, that no one else could understand or provide comfort for, with the exception of perhaps Cazz, who had done through nearly the same thing. While he was gracious for Eirina's patience and presence here he doubted there was much else she could do but regale information to him that would only confuse him further. He was craving, needing one shred of information that rang true to him, something that felt right. With the smallest bit of hope he watched Eirina across the table, waiting to see how she answered his question.
Back to top Go down
Eirina Naer
Headmistress
Eirina Naer

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Eirina smiled and nodded her head as Landon asked her about what she had known. If she had known him, about how she had mentioned their school days earlier. At least he could latch onto another part of their conversation, rather than the papers that he hardly recognized.

Her mouth opened as though to talk, but Landon had been much quicker than she. He brought up a joke, that at first made Eirina's sculpted brown eyebrow raise in questioning, however she let it go, assuming that humor were perhaps a part of his way with coping. So instead, she smiled and laughed a little, not a fake laugh, persay, but not necessarily the most sincere either, as Eirina never liked jokes like that very much, but she figured it was funny, in a way, for him, and that he may have needed it.

It would be best, she thought, to continue now, but to continue slowly. She didn't want to spew out a bunch of information all at once and overwhelm the already overwhelmed guy. That would be too much, and she didn't want to cause him to have a mental breakdown. So she figured that she'd start slow, get out some very basic information, and then she could go from there. It's not like she knew him extensively anyway, so she couldn't provide him with too much more, but enough that perhaps he'll remember, or perhaps he'll feel satisfied.

But she really wouldn't know, would she?

"Well, you were a year old than I, for one. And we were both in Slytherin."

She paused for a moment before continuing.

"We didn't talk, really, but I had seen you around. In the common rooms and such. So I could say that you were pretty popular, fairly friendly. A lot of people seemed to like you. Well, the people who talked to you or who you talked to liked you from what I saw."

Again she paused, allowing for the information to soak in, and for any questions to follow. She didn't give him much time though, because she was thinking far to quick, and time was a little bit on the shorter end, her mind extending it.

"And we were both on the Quidditch team."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Door to Memories {Eirina}    The Door to Memories {Eirina}  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Door to Memories {Eirina}
Page 1 of 1