Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A little more magic study...tag Alexandra

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

Stats : 82
Location : Là où il ya de la lumière et du feu, vous pouvez  trouver

A little more magic study...tag Alexandra Empty
PostSubject: A little more magic study...tag Alexandra   A little more magic study...tag Alexandra EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:00 pm

(I'm sorry if the title is boring, I wasn't sure if you wanted to make the thread also so I just did it.  Tell me in pm if u want it deleted please.)

Irene and Alexandra had agreed to study elemental magic a bit more and maybe experiment a little.  Irene wasn't sure this was very safe though.  After all, a professor would probably be better suited to this say, Professor Reid or Headmistress Naer because of the classes they taught.  She wasn't exactly a certified teacher.  Plus, so many things could go wrong.  Not to mention that they didn't even have permission to be practicing magic.  Irene decided that because of this, they's have to stick to pouring over ancient tomes and scrolls for information, as myths about elementals went back for centuries.  So today Irene had dragged several stack sof books into the empty classroom to study and hoped that Alexandra would be interested.  Hopefully, it wouldn't have all been for nothing.  Some people only acted like this stuff was interesting, but others actually wanted to know more about it.  Irene could only hope Alexandra was one of tehse types of people.

While she was waiting, Irene twisted her hands together to create a snake.  Then she closed her eyes and when she opened them, her hands were gold colored and the tips of her fingers (where the eyes were) were red.  This was something that Irene did when she was bored, that a friend of hers had told her how to do when she was in second year.  Apparently, you could turn it any color you wanted, but Irene had always had trouble with that part.  Idly, she glanced at a nearby clock, wondering where Alexandra was.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

Stats : 131

PostSubject: Re: A little more magic study...tag Alexandra   A little more magic study...tag Alexandra EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:14 pm

Alex entered the room and saw Irene. Her face broke into a smile. She was genuinely pleased to see the her - Irene was kind to her, and Alex found herself wishing that they were in the same year: because if they were, she was sure they would be the best of friends.

"Hi," she said, sliding into the seat beside Irene. "So, what will be doing today?" She could hardly contain her excitement - she had been looking forward to this since they arranged to study together. She followed Irene's eyes and looked at the clock. "Sorry about being late - I got caught up," she said, grimacing.
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little more magic study...tag Alexandra   A little more magic study...tag Alexandra EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 12:05 am

Irene smiled at Alexandra. "It's alright, I was a little late too." she'd gotten here a minute and a half late, but at least Alexandra hadn't minded. Then again, she'd been late herself. So what did Alexandra want to work on today? Irene hoped that she'd tested herself. So much was unkown about other elements that Irene was sure that they'd need to constantly be on alert if they wanted to solve this mystery of Alexandra's magic. Was it forbidden to do do extra studying for possibly dangerous magic? Well, Irene wasn't quite so sure, but she decided that it was better to get in trouble that to be a sissy and be too worried about the rules.

"So, did you test yourself a little? Or do a little research?" Irene hoped she had; it would make everything so much easier. But if she hadn't, well, that was alright too. But Alexandra didn't seem like the type to shirk work, and if she hadn't researched or examined anything yesterday, Irene was sure there would be a reasonable explanation.
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

PostSubject: Re: A little more magic study...tag Alexandra   A little more magic study...tag Alexandra EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 10:00 am

Alex beamed at Irene, glad she wasn't mad about Alex's tardiness. "Um, I've done some research," she said, biting her lip. "Not much, I'm afraid - I'm still confused as to what I could be: earth or land..."

She shook hair out of her face and glanced at Irene, looking at the books on the table. "So, are we just doing research today? Because I'm not sure if we're allowed to... experiment with magic on our own. Especially since I have no idea about what I'm doing..." She was nervous - she didn't want to cause the land beneath Hogwarts to crumble or something.
Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little more magic study...tag Alexandra   A little more magic study...tag Alexandra EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:24 am

Irene nodded to Alexandra.  "Yeah, since we don't have any permission to experiment, practice, or use magic outside of class, we just have to do research.  She stepped forwards and shoved the stacks of books in front of Alexandra.  "See?  Unfortunately, there's not much to look at, but all we can do is try, after all.  It would be better if we could actually find an Earth or Land elemental like, say, a dryad or wood or rock nymph.  That would be the easiest way to study this, but unfortuantely, even though we're at Hogwarts, surrounded on one side with a lake that holds who knows what and a forest that hold who knows what, we still wouldn't be able to find one very easily.  It would probably be better to study books and legends or myths, but if you want we could go outside and search the grounds a little bit.  It might be possible to find one, after all, maybe they'll come to you!" Irene half-smiled at that.

(I'm really sorry for the long wait, I've been checking in daily but not really posting anything lately because of time...)
Back to top Go down
Alexandra Brazell
3rd Year
Alexandra Brazell

PostSubject: Re: A little more magic study...tag Alexandra   A little more magic study...tag Alexandra EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:47 am

Alex nodded. "Studying for now is good," she said. "Theory before practice I guess." As she thought about this,  she grabbed a book and looking at the title asked, "do you think any of the teachers would like to help us?" She shrugged - as much as shr enjoyed studying the theory behind magic, just like most oyjer students at the school, she preferred practicing it. "After we study, of course," she quickly added. She didn't want Irene to think she didn't valur her help- she was very grateful to her,  for spending her time to each her about elemental magic.

Back to top Go down
Irene Moore
5th Year
Irene Moore

PostSubject: Re: A little more magic study...tag Alexandra   A little more magic study...tag Alexandra EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Irene nodded.  "I like practising magic, besides studying it, too.  But the theroy is helpful when we have a couple things like umm, burned robes and maybe singed off hair to worry about."  Irene grimaced; this was from her own personal experience.  But Alexandra seemed like a careful, practical, and watchful person.  Irene expected her to be the kind of person who was able to perform spells almost perfectly the very first time.  "I don't really know much about magic anyways... do you think any of the teachers might know something about Earth magic?  I don't want this to get out of hand; but I guess since we're students, and not like perfect, we won't damage too much if we mess up.  We're not super powerful or anything, I don't think.  Well, I'm not at least.  You might be, but that's the problem.  I don't really know about this stuff, or how to tell anything about Earth magic."  

Irene liked learning about magic through reading and study because most of it, she didn't have any hope of ever being able to perform.  But at least Alexandra seemed interested.  Irene's friend used to say that she should've been in Ravenclaw because she could bore people to death with her lectures.  Honestly, Irene didn't think she lectured that much, and saying she should've been in Ravenclaw wasn't an insult.  Ravenclaws were smart, but they had far fewer flaws that most Gryffindors.  Irene wasn't that perfect OR smart, so she guessed Gryffindor was about right for her.  Plus, Alexandra was in Ravenclaw, and she was very obviously smart.  Irene wondered what book they should read first.  There were a couple books on how to control elemental magic, but Irene had skimmed those and decided that she could only probably decipher one word in five.  But Alexandra was probably smart enough to understand what they meant...

"Here, Alexandra.  There are a few books on control of elemental magic, like how not to break apart stone buildings on accident."  Irene laughed.  "I wasn't able to understand a lot of it, but maybe you can...?  There are umm, complicated words.  I don't have a great vocabulary."  Irene bit her lip.

((I haven't posted in a LONG time here.  This topic is most definitely sorely dead, but I just kinda wanted to post... It's obviously your decision whether to revive the thread or not.  After all, your element IS Earth...:)  ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little more magic study...tag Alexandra   A little more magic study...tag Alexandra Empty

Back to top Go down

A little more magic study...tag Alexandra
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG :: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry :: First Floor :: Classrooms :: Room 1E-
Jump to: