Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

Stats : 168

A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] Empty
PostSubject: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:35 pm

The Ravenclaw Common Room was a generally quiet space. Most students in the house, being so concerned with their school work or reserved in their own projects, tended to make little noise. They were conscious of the others studying and careful not to disturb. Today was no exception as Jett sat in a large armchair by the window, softly engaged in his work. The table before him was strewn with maps of Hogwarts he had drawn himself over the last few weeks, detailing all the passageways and rooms. It was a little pet project of his, mapping the grounds. He was intent to mark all the notable places and make a key to details about them. This way he could piece together hidden passageways and always knew how to get from one place to the other in the most efficient manner. It was tedious work but Jett was happy to do it. One never knew when a map would come in handy. The more knowledge gained about his surroundings, the better.

Jett pushed himself farther back into the chair and looked over his work so far. He was content with how it was progressing. Still, there were some spaces missing, information he still needed to gather. Letting out a small sigh Jett stretched his arms over his head and looked out around. The room was nearly empty, most students out having dinner. He  brought his hand to his hair, ruffling it around. The sun was setting through the window, splaying golden rays into his eyes and over his fair skin. It was a lovely sight out the window, the lake mirroring the sinking sun. Moved by its beauty Jett felt that it was time for a break in his work. He looked around the room again, unsure of what to spend his time on next. He had hoped to see a familiar face but encountered only strangers. He let his smile take its usual place on his face in case one of the students happened to be looking.
Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

Stats : 18

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:28 am

Lore slowly made her way back to the Ravenclaw common...she didn't usually stay to mingle with the other students during dinner. It wasn't in her nature to socialize as much....though it would be better if she had stayed and actually try and make some connections with others before she graduates. But, after an encounter with a Slytherin she wasn't too keen to try and open up to people again or in her case too stubborn to even put the effort. It was all about the academics. Grades and practicing spells were everything.

If she wanted to become a great Auror like her father, petty friendships based on anything but trying to one up each other meant nothing to Lore. She figured most people would do that to her if she showed any sign of weakness. She wasn't weak...and she knew that.

Shaking her head at the thought she lowered her gaze---burying her face within the pages of a book. Though this time it wasn't your usual academic book no, this time she decided to give herself a break from homework and read some of her favorite fairy tales. Flipping through the pages of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland she continued on to the Ravenclaw common room. She particularly liked this book, not just because it was a fun read---but it also made her exercise her mind. Which she liked.

Figuring she'd be alone, she entered the common room. Lowering her book to look for a place to sit her teal eyes settled on someone sitting near the window. She blinked a few times recognizing him to be also a Ravenclaw (no duh lore XD), she then arched one of her eyebrows wondering why he was smiling. She stood there for a moment pretty much just staring at him. Upon realization she shifted uneasily looking fairly awkward, as one would describe it before speaking, "Ah...I..." she began, "I didn't mean to stare!" she blurted in a rough German accent, "I thought everyone was at dinner." she mumbled quietly.
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 1:06 am

The common room door opened and Jett watched as a girl around his age stepped in, book in hand. She appeared to be reading while she was walking, yet didn't run into any of the chairs or tables placed randomly around. Jett kept his eyes on her, wondering how she could walk so easily without looking where she was going. Just as he thought she was going to hit a table she lowered the book to her side, revealing her face. He took in her long blonde hair, her blue eyes. She was looking right at him with them, staring. Suddenly she shifted, an uncomfortable expression coming over her face as she spoke. Jett was surprised to hear a thick accent, but recovered quickly. He supposed most people thought the same about his light French accent as well.

"It's no problem," he started, giving her a reassuring smile. "Most people are at dinner I believe. I seem to have worked right through it, myself."

The girl still looked embarrassed about her staring and Jett wanted to make her forget it. "I must say though, I'm very impressed at your dexterity. I thought for certain you were going to trip with your eyes hidden behind that book while you walked." His voice was smooth, like old leather worn time and time again.
Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 1:31 am

Lore bit her lower lip slightly still a little unnerved by the whole situation. She fiddled a little with the spine of her book as the boy spoke. Her teal eyes glancing hesitantly every so often back at the boy as he spoke---taking down small mental notes of him as well. She caught his accent feeling a little relaxed that she wasn't the only one probably struggling a little with the language barrier----it wasn't that she couldn't speak English, she just didn't want to mess up or make herself look like a complete fool for mispronouncing a word.

She gave the boy a slight nod in response when he stated it wasn't a problem. She assumed he was working on homework or some project after stating he worked right through dinner, "Oh...." she replied quietly.

By the tone of her voice she clearly looked like she was still embarrassed by the fact she stared at him took long. Over analyzing again---she figured she must have looked like some sort of personal Greek statue or lawn ornament.

Her eyes widened a little at the thought----feeling her cheeks burn out of sheer embarrassment. At times like these she really felt like she wanted to hide or disappear completely.

Just as she was trying to figure out a way to politely excuse herself and pretty much hide out in the girl's dormitory for the rest of the evening the boy decided to change the subject, "O-oh....umm...yeah, perhaps I memorized where everything is...heh, you know muscle memory and all..." she stated, "N-nn....I suppose I shouldn't have my head buried in a book too often...I mean...I have ran into pillars a few times."
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 1:55 am

Jett watched the girl fidget as he spoke, her hands moving around her book, eyes darting to and from his face. Although she was clearly uncomfortable he found her demeanor endearing. She reminded him of a lost rabbit, searching for its first opportunity to bold underground. A slight blush was spreading on her cheeks, the rosy hue contrasting with the color of her eyes. Jett waited patiently as she answered him, her voice meek.

A cheery laugh escaped Jett's lips as the girl mentioned walking into pillars. He wasn't trying to further embarrass her or laugh at her injury, it was just a silly image in his head. He could imagine her, completely oblivious to the outside world, strut right into a wall. It was comical, but in an innocent way.

“You really should be more careful, it would be a shame if you were to hurt yourself and leave a lasting scar on your lovely face.” Jett's compliments came easy, as always. He always meant them, but often they were taken the wrong way. He hoped she would not be bothered by his words but instead take them as a peace offering.

Stretching again, Jett rose from his chair and took a few steps closer to the girl, holding out his hand to shake hers. “I'm Jett, I just transferred here. It's a pleasure to meet you.”
Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 am

She ducked her head slightly when the boy laughed a little at what she said. Her lips pursed forward into a small scowl before forming a thin line. She dropped her gaze again when the boy spoke up again, she wasn't really expecting him to reply to her ramble. She really was just rambling. God she hated that fact about herself.

"Heh...yeah..." she replied a little sarcastically while unconsciously rubbing her forehead at the thought of running into the pillars again.

She blinked again in response to his compliment...not that it mattered, she found herself plain...but she wasn't going to argue it. Lore was the type to automatically she brushed off the compliments. For one she never received any and if she did she merely assumes they were some sort of statement or observation just for the sake of being polite.

Lore took a small step back out of insticnt as the boy rose from his seat. She dropped her gaze on his hand when he introduced himself. Feeling obligated to introduce herself as well she took his hand giving it a firm squeeze, "Ich bin Lore Schiffer....I am Lore Schiffer....it's a pleasure to meet you too Herr Jett." She said using his name in a formal context.

Translation:

Herr --- Sir or mister
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Lore retreated a step as Jett approached her, adding to his image of her as a scared rabbit. He had no idea why so was so fidgety, almost nervous. If there was a way to make her more comfortable Jett wanted to find it. He unfortunately never did get the hang of knowing when to leave people alone. They just needed more gentle coaxing.

As she spoke he tried to determine the language, where she was from. He hadn't encountered any other students who were foreigners. It sounded like it could be a harsh language, but coming from her mouth it was smooth and precise. Herr...He didn't know that word.

"Your accent is quite strong, Lore. May I ask where you are from?" Releasing her hand after a gentle squeeze, Jett took a step back to give her more space. If she wasn't comfortable with his closeness he would remain farther back, waiting until she was at ease.

He leaned against an armchair, again ruffling his hair. It was a habit that had started early in his life, something he did when he wasn't thinking. His eyes were still on Lore but were now taking in the small details, not just a casual glance.

Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:09 pm

"Umm..." she paused for a moment to gather her thoughts, "Germany." she said cocking her head slightly to the side after Jett released her hand.

Automatically, her hand retracted back to it's usual place on her book, which was clasped against her chest. She lifted her gaze again towards Jett and spoke, "And you?" she asked.

Feeling a little bit more comfortable that Jett wasn't as close to her as he was earlier. She just wasn't use to people confidently getting into her personal space and actually wanting to engage in a conversation with her.

"Ummm....you said you transferred here....was it recently?" she continued.
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:55 pm

So Lore was from Germany. Jett now could put that together with her accent and her words. He wondered what she was doing here, if her family had sent her here as his had. He noticed her English was nearly perfect, though why she spoke it so hesitantly was beyond Jett.

"I'm from France and studied at Beauxbatons until the beginning of this year. It's been interesting indeed to learn a new school, meet all new people. I'm actually working on a map of the school now. It's a little side project of my own. Knowings ones surroundings is key, I've always believed." Jett indicated to the table he was sitting at previously. The sun had sunk deeper into the lake, the rays no longer illuminating the parchment on the table.

As he turned back to Lore he noticed she was still clutching her book to her chest. He turned his head to the side, trying to make out the words on the cover. "What are you reading that was so engrossing you couldn't take your eyes from it?"
Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Lore nodded in response when Jett stated that one should know their surroundings, "France is a beautiful country..." she stated quietly, "And yes one should know his or her surroundings....especially in this school. It's really easy to get lost here." she said as her lips curved into a small smile.

She arched her eyebrow then as Jett seemed to tilt his head in an awkward manner, "Reading?" she repeated before realizing he was trying to read the cover of the book she was holding, "Oh...umm...." she began---turning the book so he could read the title a bit clearer, "Alice in Wonderland." she said flashing a polite smile, "I've read this book a couple of times....but the story never ceases to amaze me." she said with a slight nod.
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Lore's cautious smile drew an even more brilliant one from Jett. He was always more comfortable when those around him were opening up and letting him get to know them. He thrived when he was navigating the intricacies of other people's emotions and personalities. His easy charm was at work again and he had no doubt soon he would know much more about Lore than she had planned to let out. It wasn't a malicious act, but more of a self preservation instinct. The more friends you had the less enemies you made.

"Ah, fairy tales, then?" Jett brought his head level again as she twisted the book in her hands. "Are you perhaps following a little white rabbit?" He had grown up with fantastical stories told to him by his adventure loving father and Alice in Wonderland was one he had heard many times.
Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Lore blinked a few times watching Jett's smile grow a bit more. He was pretty easy on the eyes...she'll give him that much credit---but Lore wasn't the type to get all flustered over someone who was good looking. She turned her attention back to the book she was showing him and smiled again.

"Yeah fairy tales." she replied simply.

A light laugh escaped Lore's lips then when Jett asked if she was following a white rabbit, "I suppose you can say that." she paused for a moment before continuing, "Still haven't found one yet....but, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for that elusive rabbit." she mused back.
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Laughing along with Lore and at her witty comment, Jett slumped down into the chair he had been leaning on. He let his lean body drape over the arm of the chair, perfectly at ease in what anyone else would view as an comfortable position. It was difficult to find an angle where he did not look natural, his veela blood lending it's power to make him look good in any position.

Now he was getting somewhere with Lore, she was laughing and smiling, no longer hiding behind her shield of a book. Jett decided now would be a prime time to ask a more personal question. "So what brings a fairy tale princess like yourself here to Hogwarts if you are from Germany?"
Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Lore watched Jett as he made himself comfortable on the chair he was leaning against.  She blinked a few times trying to figure out what he is...true to any girl he might seem like some sort of gorgeous male model or actor. She was trying not to let that get to her...of course, Lore was indeed a teenage girl. She couldn't help it if she found someone attractive like that. Though, it was only an observation.
She drew her attention back to Jett arching her eyebrow slightly at the compliment.

She was definitely a far cry to be called a fairy tale princess. She chewed on her bottom lip a little wanting to make a comment about it but brushed it off instead when Jett asked what brought her here to Hogwarts.

What did bring her to Hogwarts?

She thought about it for a moment before speaking, "I donno...My father has some relatives that live in London...they sent a few of their kids to this school. They graduated and became exceptional witches and wizards...plus." she paused before continuing, "It doesn't hurt that the academics here are well renown. I trust I'll get a good education in whatever profession I choose."
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Jett failed to notice Lore's incredulous look at his compliment, unaware of her curious examination of him. He was used to peoples eyes on him, had learned to use it to his advantage when needed. But now was not a time for that. For now he was just enjoying getting to know a fellow student. It was nice to meet another girl in his house, but Jett was starting to think the whole school was populated by females. Not that that was a bad thing, of course.

He listened intently as she answered his question. So Lore was career and academic minded, typical of a Ravenclaw. He wondered what profession she was aiming towards. She looked to be in the same year as him, ready to start thinking of her life after school. He could see her as a historian, a librarian, something that didn't involve being around the public too much. Her lip biting and fidgeting clues to her inability to interact comfortably. Jett himself had never really given a thought to what career he was headed towards. He just assumed he would discover something, make a name for himself in whatever field he chose. Together with his natural ability to entrap people and his diligent quest for knowledge Jett had no worries that his career would fall into his lap without much forethought.

"Well, Lore, I wish you the best of luck in your education here. I've been finding it rather engaging myself." Jett's stomach growled as he spoke and he remembered it was getting later. He was developing a nasty habit of forgetting to eat, too busy with his studies or projects.
Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 2:38 pm

"Haven't you given a thought about what you are going to do after Hogwarts?" she asked catching the sound of his stomach.

She hesitated for a moment before reaching into her pocket, she had the habit of taking a peach before she left the great hall. Though as much as she loved peaches...she couldn't let a fellow Ravenclaw starve. Guessing the time by looking at the sky outside the window---she guessed the hall was going to close soon. Gripping the fruit in her pocket and pulled it out, "It would be wise to eat something...seeing as that the great hall will close soon and you won't be able to eat in perhaps eight hours." she said offering the fruit to him.

"I don't have muggle cooties if that's what you are thinking." she joked a little.
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Lore offered Jett a peach, ripe and tantalizing. She was showing herself to be a generous girl, soft spoken and sweet. Untangling himself from the chair Jett walked back over to her and reached out his hand. His fingers brushed against her skin delicately before taking hold of the fruit. To most eyes it would seem an accident and Jett  used that to his advantage. He knew a simple light touch went a long way. His eyes lingered on hers as he retreated to his seat. He would still give her her space, but slowly he was trying to get her used to his presence.

"Thank you for the peach, Lore. I will have to make it up to you sometime with a cup of tea or something else sweet." He took a bite of the fruit in his hand, the succulent juice running over his lips. He had absolutely no idea what cooties was so he simply ignored its mention.

"After Hogwarts? I plan on going on an excursion. I will discover something or locate a lost artifact maybe. I'm gathering up my knowledge of things now so when the time comes I will be suitably equipped." Jett spoke with the confidence only had by intelligent youth and those with a spoiled up bringing.

"What about you? What are your big plans?"

(Sometimes when I write Jett I can't help but cringe at how pretentious he is haha)
Back to top Go down
Lore Schiffer
6th Year
Lore Schiffer

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 1:37 am

Lore glanced down a little as Jett took the fruit from her. She assumed mostly it was by accident, but the gentleness of his touch really caught her attention. She couldn't help but frown a little when his eyes lingered on her---she wasn't too sure what he was looking for. Was he expecting her to blush or something? Act like some fragile girl and swoon over the first good looking man? No....Lore wasn't like that. She didn't want to be the stereotypical quiet book worm who dreamed of princes or knights in shinning armor saving her.

She wasn't like that. Lore was more resilient...true she read fairy tales, but as much as she loved being sucked into another world she didn't believe in fairy tales in real life. Hell even when it came to love her full understanding is limited to the dictionary definition. And that was it.

She silently watched Jett eat the peach. She arched her eyebrow at him when he asked what she was going to do after hogwarts. She nodded politely as he spoke about his plans after Hogwarts before speaking, "I want to be an Auror like my father." she said simply.
Back to top Go down
Jett Winters
6th Year
Jett Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Jett failed to notice the lines of Lore's frown as he watched her, unaware that his approach was not the best method for this girl. He sometimes missed the clues in others faces as he was preoccupied with his own thoughts and plans.

He listened as she professed to be an aspirating Auror. His expression showed no sign of his surprise and disbelief. That was a job that required a lot of knowledge as well as people skills. Maybe he was misjudging the girl, not seeing all of her. If she was to become an auror she must have a strong personality hidden somewhere behind her docile manner.

"That is a lofty ambition. You must be studying day and night already to further your goal, I'm impressed you have time to read books for pleasure as well." This was near to the truth, though Jett would never say he thought it was a waste of time. It if were he in her place he would not spend his time on fairy tales but on textbooks relevant to his cause. But perhaps she was better off, she seemed happy and unstressed. Jett might learn a thing or two from her after all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]   A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Quiet Evening in the Common Room [Lore]
Page 1 of 1