Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Theodora Grey
Head Girl
Theodora Grey

Stats : 139

Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) Empty
PostSubject: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Through all Theo's mischief, it had certainly been a while since she last got chased by a full party of angry students. It beat being dragged down to the dungeons, even. Probably because she had been saved that time; still, the current mob had such a variety of student body that she was uncertain ANYWHERE in the castle was safe.

Maybe the giant squid would let her share the lake for a day or forever?

The moment it took for that thought to process, Theo lost sight of where she was going; she turned a corner sharply, barely voicing a squeak. She ran straight into a mass, its outline strongly resembling that of a human body. Her yellow bag flew up as she fell down, the poor person brought down by her weight- but cushioning her fall, so hey, silver lining, right? It took several desperate seconds until Theo managed to untangle herself from the mess of robes and limbs, as the sounds of her pursuers approaching grew ever louder. “SO sorry,” she spoke quickly and, once she was finally up, she had that much sense to pull the kid up with her. She couldn’t just leave him alone on the cold floor, in way of the upcoming wrath. “Let’s go, run!”

Not that the kid had much choice as Theo all but dragged him along. “If you value your hair colour, run!” Bag back in hand? Check. The kid? Yep. Theo had them all at the end of the hallway before they could say Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent!

Last edited by Theodora Gray on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dein Edrins
Dark Witch/Wizard
Dein Edrins

Stats : 220

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Should Dein have expected a pleasant trip to the Prefect's lounge? Not at all. He probably shouldn't have even bothered leaving the Dungeons, upon mentioning it. Since now he was being dragged by some crazy pink-haired chick down the hall after she'd clumsily bowled him over.

"What the hell?" He had half a mind to hex her for the trouble, but he'd learned from his passed mistakes. Nearly harming a Headmistress could do that to a guy. He looked back to see the student was actually being chased. As they turned around another corner, he twisted his arm around, grabbed hers and threw her into the nearest room, and shut the door behind them. He then crossed his arms and looked down at the girl, waiting for an explanation as he heard the angry crowd gallop by in the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Theodora Grey
Head Girl
Theodora Grey

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:20 am

Theo stumbled into the room ungracefully, barely catching her balance. She twirled around to retort on such unnecessary manhandling; and grinned instead once she recognized the offender. "Heeey-"

She hadn't seen Dein since the ball, ever busy running around with some crazy idea stuck in her head. Just last week she'd shrunk herself. That was fun. "Fancy bumping into you!"
Back to top Go down
Dein Edrins
Dark Witch/Wizard
Dein Edrins

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:22 am

"You again?" His face contorted into a grimace, "Is it a hobby of yours to piss people off?" He walked passed her and picked up a stray copy of the Daily Prophet off the table. The room he'd thrown her into was the Prefect's Lounge, where he had intended to come in the first place. Had he realized the only pink fluffed chick in school was her, he wouldn't have thrown her in here. He couldn't kick out a Prefect from the Prefect's Lounge, after all.
Back to top Go down
Theodora Grey
Head Girl
Theodora Grey

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:13 pm

"ACTUALLY," Theo followed him a couple of steps, hands clasped behind her back; then plopped down onto a couch, picking up a green cushion and hugging it close to her chest. "Yeah, that's kind of what I do. What's your excuse?" she eyed Dein, bringing her eyebrows up and down a couple of times in a comical expression of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Dein Edrins
Dark Witch/Wizard
Dein Edrins

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:37 pm

"What do you mean?" He asked as he flipped through the pages to read the newest load of shit the Prophet was feeding the humble common folk. Sadly, however, it was the same as usual; nothing on the Death Eaters, there was always good news about the Ministry, and then warnings about foolish vigilantes bringing danger to everyone around them. He was growing tired of the same old stories. He set the paper down where he found it, and instead turned back to Theo with his arms crossed.
Back to top Go down
Theodora Grey
Head Girl
Theodora Grey

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat May 25, 2013 2:47 am

"Is it your hobby to piss people off?" Theo patted the green cushion, then set it under her head and stretched out fully on the couch. "Or does that come naturally to you?" She yawned, gaze travelling upwards. The decorations in the Prefects' Lounge never impressed her much; Theo much rather stayed in the Hufflepuff common room, for example. It was always bright and sunny, nearly childish; and in comparison the lounge seemed shallow, empty, adult. It brought responsibility that Theo never wanted. She tried to make fun of her Prefect privileges, making first-years do things for her and threatening anyone who wasn't a Prefect. It did no good, however; people she pranked still got pissed, still chased her down the halls and no badge could stop flour and eggs.

The bath was pretty good, though. And quite useful at times, for washing out that flour.

"Dein, what do you do?"
Back to top Go down
Dein Edrins
Dark Witch/Wizard
Dein Edrins

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:12 am

Dein rolled his eyes, "Oh piss off." He leaned against the table behind him, glowering down at her. It was an exhausted effort, trying to hold up the same demeanor towards everyone he crossed. They piss him off all the same, don't they? He wouldn't have respect until he got out of this rubbish school.

"I'm a student. What do you think?" He replied sourly. He kept his gaze on her all the while. While she was relaxed and comfortable in her environment, Dein was closed off and defensive. As per usual, of course.
Back to top Go down
Theodora Grey
Head Girl
Theodora Grey

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:33 am

"Just a question," Theo cooed, taking explicit pleasure out of his annoyance. She hadn't meant to, not at first; and after witnessing the horrendous appearance that was Dein's mother. But that was a different night and a different place, and the feeling had been quite different as well. "I'm sorry," Theo seemed to have some difficulty saying it. "It's a joke, okay, it's not like I know you that well." She offered him a brilliant smile, teeth and all.

"I mean what do you do? For fun?"
Back to top Go down
Dein Edrins
Dark Witch/Wizard
Dein Edrins

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:12 pm

"Fun?" He echoed, "I don't have time for that. If you realized you could be doing better things than those silly pranks as a prefect, maybe you wouldn't either. And maybe I'd respect you more." Though that, on the latter, was unlikely, but if he felt the need to get a rise out of her, and wipe that ridiculous smile off her face.
Back to top Go down
Theodora Grey
Head Girl
Theodora Grey

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Making an extensive roll of her eyes, Theo lifted another cushion; and pressed this one against her face, muffling her "UGHHH" after which she proceeded to make some unidentifiable noises. Once she was done, she moved the cushion away from her face and eyed Dein carefully, as if judging her chances of throwing the cushion at his head and getting away with it. “You’re such a-” no insult seemed satisfying enough. “-a dead lizard,” Theo finished lamely; and threw the cushion for emphasis, but with apparent lack of enthusiasm.

“Maybe I don’t want to be a Prefect,” she threw her head back, trying to make her position more comfortable. “I definitely don’t want to brood all day, like you seem to be doing.”
Back to top Go down
Dein Edrins
Dark Witch/Wizard
Dein Edrins

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat May 25, 2013 3:39 pm

"No wonder the students are rubbish. You're a horrible example for them all." He smirked, "Tell me, what do you plan on doing once your done here? Sell your pranks to the highest bidder? Or stay at home with Mummy and Daddy?"

He stepped around the table, putting more distance between him and Theodora. "I'd suggest turning over your badge, but that would only make it worse. Teach students to never grow up. That's quite unrealistic. The Headmistress is really foolish when it comes to sorting out Prefects." He shook his head disapprovingly.
Back to top Go down
Theodora Grey
Head Girl
Theodora Grey

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySun May 26, 2013 6:33 am

“Please,” Theo let out a small laugh. “What students look up to me? Excuse you," she snorted, gesturing vaguely with her hand. "Are you good at anything except criticising? I know you're rubbish in potions, but your people skills are worse.” The Hufflepuff knew, sort of, what she was going to do in the future; there was always a need for potion masters, be it for private or public service. The worst she could do was land a job at the Ministry. The mummy and daddy comment, however, struck a nerve. Theo tried to keep a straight face, but her lips twitched with frowns. She’d stay with Muffle for as long as Muffle needed her; after Fahr’s death, the little witch was even more unstable. Theo feared she’d blow herself up with every next potion. “Least I got a talent,” she finished the thought.

She watched Dein circle around the table, as if just her presence unnerved him so that he had to get away physically. It was funny, really, and Theo felt another smile gracing her lips. She’d never bothered anyone quite so much. Of course the primary purpose was probably avoiding the cushion, even if Theo would have missed by far; and yet the theory stuck with her, a thought that maybe she should fix it. Theo sat up, threw her legs over the edge of the couch and stood; she moved to the table and placed her hands on the hard wooden surface. She looked up at Dein, wearing a smile despite his sour face. “You need to loosen up, mate.”

“Do you think that’s what I want? Never to grow up, why, that would indeed be wonderful.” Theo did not speak loudly; rather her voice took on an odd softness. The smile never left her lips. “But do not think me foolish. I am well aware of what is happening outside this castle, as is nearly every student, excluding the younger ones. You might be surprised to hear that not everyone is in a hurry to get out there. And yet you look to grow up so quickly.”

Theo leaned back and her hands left the surface of the table; she crossed her arms over her chest, aware that her next words were out of line. “You are still a child, Dein Edrins. You just haven’t the strength to laugh.”
Back to top Go down
Dein Edrins
Dark Witch/Wizard
Dein Edrins

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Dein's lip curled upon the very mention of that wretched subject. He didn't need potions, and he certainly didn't need her reminding him. Her comment about his social skills allowed him an easy recovery, however, and he replied, "Maybe you're just the wrong 'people'. And frankly, I don't believe you know me well enough to say I haven't a single talent."

As she stood up, he stepped back, disgusted that she would close their distance between each other. As she smiled, he crossed his arms, put off by her failure to be as irritated as he. And as she began spouting out every reason why she didn't want to leave this castle, he had opposing thoughts as to why he did want to leave this place.

'All of you wish to ignore what's out there.' ... 'I wish to prepare.' ... 'I want to know what this bloody school can't teach me.'

But her soft tone had cut through his defensive exterior, he couldn't voice his counterargument. He could only reply to the end of hers, "Not everyone is given such a luxury, Miss Grey." He was raised to be the way he was, and now that he was nearing adulthood, he was on his own. For what reason, could he find any reason to laugh? He didn't even know where he would be living within the next few months. He certainly had plans to better his position, but he couldn't do anything until he got out of this school.
Back to top Go down
Theodora Grey
Head Girl
Theodora Grey

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:39 am

“Okay,” Theo said slowly, her thin eyebrows rising slightly at him. She accepted that her company was not among those he might have liked, but still it was no cause for him to act so unpleasant. And no, she did not know much about him. “That’s why I’m asking. Are you? I felt obliged to note my own talent in comparison to your lack in potions; never said you haven’t got any. Don’t put words in my mouth like a pregnant woman.” Indicating that he was, in fact, a pregnant woman might not have been the most brilliant reply, but it was the first comparison that came to mind. She thought her words did wear the question, though. Perhaps it just wasn’t that obvious. “That’s why I’m asking,” she said again, this time stressing the words as if she were saying them to a child.

His every movement both amused and saddened Theo. She didn’t think it was just her; his actions seemed to be out of common reflex and each more defensive than the other. A step back, a crossing of arms. Theo wasn’t an expert on body language, but she knew what those meant; and in turn she backed off. She had added enough fuel to the fire.

“The laugh is not a given luxury,” she said quietly. “It is what you choose to do or not to do.” It was really rather simple and it was how she got to this point in the first place. There were so many people who couldn’t see life in colours it carried, though. She couldn’t fight them all. “If you want to be a martyr, well, go on and be a martyr. But once you get the thought inside your head, once you begin wanting to laugh, believe me,” Theo offered a grin as proof. “It’s not that hard. Go on. Try it.” She dared him.
Back to top Go down
Dein Edrins
Dark Witch/Wizard
Dein Edrins

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 1:48 pm

He rolled his eyes as she continued to patronize him further. It seemed she was trying to be sensitive, but was too angry or frustrated to keep the words from slipping out. What kept this irritable girl from leaving was becoming a real problem. He was unsure why she even cared, perhaps strong beliefs or she really did just love getting under his skin? Why she even bothered to ask him anything was pitiful; he had no intention of letting her know the slightest bit more about him. His business was his, alone.

He turned away, scanning the book titles as though they would give him an explanation for her ridiculous behavior. He wanted out of this school more than ever now, and Theodora only emphasized the feeling of being trapped. His gaze drifted from the book titles, and it was as though he was staring right through the bookshelves.

She had the stupidest notions, the most ridiculous ideas. It was something he did not want to be bothered with. Dein wished she was a fairy, so he could tell her she doesn't exist- he didn't believe in fairies- so she would just melt and he wouldn't have to deal with her. The thought of her in a puddle brought him to smirk, but he didn't speak until it had vanished.

"I don't laugh."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)   Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein) Empty

Back to top Go down

Alphabet Soup (TAG! Dein)
Page 1 of 1