Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG

100 years after the Second Wizarding War, and the Death Eaters are back. Hogwarts, newly rebuilt, has to muster a new courage, for the game has changed. A new story is rising. It's a new Age, a new Life and a new Generation. It's time for a Revolution.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

Stats : 6

Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) Empty
PostSubject: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:57 pm

The halls of the fifth floor had been quiet, as they often were. It was one of the few hallways that Avileene had felt comfortable walking through, due to the lack of students. She would run into a fellow Ravenclaw students that she was familiar with here and there, though she had never spoken much to them at all. Avileene was fairly shy, and thankfully the other Ravenclaws had accepted that. Though they rarely spoke as is, being caught up in their studies, a select few had learned of Avileene's boundaries and had respected them. She had been greatful for it, though she still had her issues with trusting.

Avileene had now found herself wandering the quiet hallway that she loved so much. She had her books in her, held fairly tightly to her chest as she kept her soft eyes on the floor. Her hair was flowing behind her as she walked, and she was quite conscious of the motion of her hair, nervous as it flowed out behind her.

Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

Stats : 455

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 pm

(Making a long post cause I feel like it :D)

"Has anyone seen my mouse?" Emma called out as she stepped down into the Gryffindor common room. She was still dressed in her nightie's, which consisted of long baggy pajama pants striped all the way down in every color of the rainbow, and a tight fitting purple sweatshirt. Her hair was simply thrown up into a loose ponytail, hence the random strands of hair hanging on either side of her face.

She had spent a long time the previous night playing cards with a group of her fellow Gryffindors. Before they new it, the clock had already struck two- that's a.m. And when she woke up this not-so-early-morning/afternoon, she had been missing a familiar white fur ball on her pillow. She had searched the entire dormitory, including all her classmates' things. They hadn't been too happy, nor Emma when she turned back to her own bed, unsuccessful.

And seeing how no one in the common room bothered to answer her, she now had to look for herself. She checked under tables, between bookshelves and chairs, even one of her friends' school bag. But still, there was no Rook to be found. She supposed she could take a quick look outside the common room- after all, how far could such a fat little mouse travel anyways?

Well, pretty far, Emma found out shortly after, for her search took her down the many steps of the Grand Staircase, and all the classrooms and non-classrooms in between.

~~~

It was on the fifth floor, however, where a certain little white mouse found himself trailing along close to the wall on one side of the hallway. He was quite the speedy little fellow, despite the well-fed appearance he showed. He randomly started branching out into the middle of the hallway every once and awhile, finding a stray crumb or two along the stone floor. He almost didn't notice the Ravenclaw girl slowly approaching from down the hall. Almost.

As he had reached out to the middle of the hallway, to get his itty bitty claws around another bit of crumb, he spotted her, and stopped, crumb in his paws, ears perked as high they would get, and tail motionless.

Back to top Go down
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:38 pm

As she had been walking, Avileene hadn't noticed the mouse until she had nearly stepped on it. She looked at the mouse curiously. A white mouse, and it appeared to be a common mouse, known enough to the area. The little guy appeared to be full grown, or from what Avileene had read up on it appeared to be.

She knelt down, placing her hand on the floor. She wasn't sure what to expect. It might run, or bite her finger, or perhaps climb into her hand. Though she had been okay with whichever result occured, and was why she had allowed for her hand to rest on the floor, the fate of her finger tips in the mouse's hands.
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:49 pm

Rook's whiskers trembled as he proceeded to sniff her hand carefully. Then, deciding she was alright, he crawled up onto her hand, curling his tail around himself politely as he looked up at her, tilting his head to the side ever so slightly. Then, losing interest, he started finishing off the crumb in its paws.

~~~

"Rook! Roooooooooooook!" Emma called as she left the sixth floor, and proceeded down to the next. Due to her current attire and loud shouting, she got a couple of weird looks from a group of Ravenclaw, and a laugh from a lone Slytherin. She didn't seem to have noticed, however, as she quickened her pace and opened a door into the fifth floor hallways.
Back to top Go down
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Avileene smiled down at the little mouse, and left her hand on the floor. She hadn't wanted to scare the thing by lifting it high into the air, and she had been a stranger to the mouse. Avileene understood trust, and would must rather not push what she had attempted to start with the little thing.

In the background, Avileene was able to hear a girl screaming, appearing to be looking for someone. She hadn't recognized the voice, nor the name that she had been screaming. Avileene only hoped that she hadn't come running down these halls, and she had been quite hopeful that she hadn't run Avileene and the poor mouse over.
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:15 pm

She started to slow down as she walked along the hallway, keeping her gaze low to the ground, in search of a little white fluff, as well as any little holes or crevices he could manage to squirm into. She couldn't stand the thought of something happening to her best friend! What if he fell down the staircase, or a Slytherin turned him into a tea cup, or one of the older Gryffie's cat got to him! Or, or or...

But during the process of her panic, she failed to notice the girl knelt down on the floor- right in front of her, nonetheless. She yelped as she nearly tripped over the poor unsuspecting girl, and staggered sideways to prevent harming her, "Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to... I mean, I didn't see you... I mean, um..." Emma scratched her elbow as she tried to fumble for the appropriate words for an apology.

Meanwhile Rook squeaked and scuttled off Avileene's hand, finding more safety next to the Ravenclaw's shoe.
Back to top Go down
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 pm

The moment the mouse had scurried, Avileene's hands flew to her head. It was an automatic reaction of hers as she tucked her head down and hid underneath her hands. The girl's voice had rang through her ears, and Avileene recognized it as the girl she had heard earlier, searching the halls for her friend. With a red face, and her hands appearing to be playing with her hair, Avileene looked up at the girl, shyly.

"I-it's....okay," she took a breath between the words, looking down quickly at the mouse next to her shoe, avoiding eye contact with the brown-haired girl.
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:36 pm

As Emma followed the girl's gaze, her eyes grew wide and she gestured to the white mouse, "That wouldn't happen to be your mouse, would it?" Same white fur, about the right sized belly... the mouse looked exactly like the one she was looking for.

Rook, however, had busied himself with another crumb on the floor, apparently far too busy to notice Emma at all.
Back to top Go down
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Looking up at the girl, Avileene shook her head, though avoiding eye contact with the girl. She had learned to looked just over people's heads. That way she didn't have to watch their eyes, and know that they were thinking. As she shook her head though, Avileene had remained rather quiet. She hadn't spoken another word, and instead allowed for her eyes to linger on the little ball of fur. Had he been the girl's pet? It had appeared to be the most reasonable deduction.
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:49 pm

As the seemingly timid girl shook her head, Emma knelt down, rolling up her sweatshirt sleeves while wearing a hopeful, yet lopsided grin. "Rook?"

The little mouse's ears perked up, and peered out from behind Avileene's shoe to look at the one who called him. Seeing Emma, he gladly returned to her, climbing up her arm and onto her shoulder when she lowered her hand to him, "Got you." Emma smirked as she scratched the top of the mouse's head with her pinky finger.

"How did you find him?" Emma asked as she got back to her feet and returned her attention to the Ravenclaw girl.
Back to top Go down
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Nervously, the girl looked from her feet to the girl, and at her books to the girl. She was fairly indecisive if she had wanted to speak. Perhaps, what she had meant, was if she'd be willing to speak. Avileene hardly wanted to speak with much of anyone. She found most of her comfort in the dark, with her peace in mind, and a book at heart. The girl had seem nice, Avileene knew and had not a thing against her as an individual. Though not quite knowing her, Avileene had a harder time keeping herself straight.

"I...it...I was walking and it was there. At m-y feet."
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:07 pm

"Hmmm..." She replied suspiciously, "He must have snuck out for a snack while I was asleep." She gave a nod, as though agreeing with herself, and she took Rook and slipping him into her sweatshirt pocket. It would be quite embarrassing to most people, running around in their nighties like Emma was, but Emma wasn't like most people.

She cocked her head a bit, finally taking note of the girl's insecure tone, and she frowned, "I'm sorry about bumping into you, again. I didn't hurt you did I?" She scratched her nose, trying to figure out what was missing when she had an 'Ah-ha!' moment, and held out her hand, "I'm Emma by the way. Nice to meet you, um... I'm sorry, what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Lacetta Detenae
Staff
Lacetta Detenae

Stats : 338

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:21 pm

The girl's hand had stuck out toward Avileene, and she stared at it in thought. She hadn't realized upon further inspection that the girl, in fact, had been wearing pajamas. Her suspicions were raised as she noticed the lack of long black sleeve running down the girls arm. The robes had been such a common item, that Avileene would have thought herself better to have noticed such a thing earlier.

Avileene slowly reached her hand out, gently touching Emma's with her soft and chilled skin. She had seemed nice, and Avileene couldn't help but smiling as she shook the girl's hand, though she still hadn't dared to look the girl in the eye, only watching her palm move up and down.

"Avileene." She whispered, but knew that the girl probably hadn't heard her soft mumble, and attempted once more to speak up, "My name is Avileene Plum, from house of Ravenclaw."
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:45 pm

"Ravenclaw huh? That must mean you're one of the smart kids of the bunch huh?" She said with a grin. Emma tried to make friends with everyone- except Slytherins- so seeing this Ravenclaw girl, who seemed to be afraid of her, made her determined to live up to that not so well-known reputation.

"I'm from Gryffindor. Emma Hawkwood, and I'm in my fourth year." She added on, seeing as how Avileene was being rather formal, she became formal right back. Well, Emma's version of formal, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:27 pm

(Oh im terribly sorry, i hadn't realized i posted as Lacetta!)

Having heard Emma call Avileene one of the smart bunch, Avileene felt a little uncomfortable. She had never putwardly considered herself to be extraordinarily intelligent, though she was aware that many fellow Ravenclaws had. Avileene knew that she was intelligent, though no more then the average student, as she had felt quite at heart that it was what effort you placed into your studies.

Percking up some, Avileene had realized that Emma was in the very same year as she was.

"I'm a fourth year student, too!"
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:44 pm

"Really? We should be classmate buddies then! Us younger years got to stick together you know?" She grinned as she put her hands behind her head and started walking backwards, "There's no telling when you'll run into the wrong people on campus." She was simply implying the fact that bullying was evident in school, not just this school, but any school. Emma wasn't fond of being picked on, but she put up with it more than she should have. Though it wasn't currently an issue, seeing as how she had been bothered by no one for quite some time. Still, Emma liked making friends, and she hadn't made friends outside of her house yet, surprisingly.
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:08 pm

(No problem! ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:11 pm

A shy smile crossed Avileene's face and she nodded in reply to Emma's comment. There were a few wrong people on campus, and although the two of them would probably do no damange at all, the idea itself made Avileene smile. The girl had seemed nice. Really really nice, and Avileene liked her. She could only hope to progress and get to know the girl more in the future.

"I don't think that we could do very much...being our age and stature...but the though is rather comical."
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 pm

"Comical?" Emma echoed, rather confused on the matter, "Well, two is better than one, right?" Emma grinned as she paused and tightened her ponytail a bit; it only helped make her hair even messier though. "Nothing wrong with being comical either, I guess." She shrugged, laughing a little. She was just glad she had gotten the timid Ravenclaw to talk. Avileene was new to her, so therefore, Emma had no reason to believe her anything but cool. Meeting new people was always exciting.

"What do you do for fun around here anyways?" If Emma had been asked the question, her answer would have been Quidditch, or at least she would have liked it to be. The severe lack thereof had left Emma quite bored at Hogwarts. There wasn't really much else in terms of entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Avileene Plum
5th Year
Avileene Plum

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:36 pm

A list began to form in Avileene's head, though she had chosen only a few from her list. It would be awefully boring, she knew, if she were to mention how she liked to be alone in a few of the corridors to think, or to read books. Those had been almost clique, for such things had been overused by many. So rather, she chose a few others that she believed stood out a tad more.

"I love to look at the clouds out in the courtyard, and to play quidditch! Though, I don't usually play with anyone, I just like to be on a broom. I do like games, too. Like wizard's chess, or hide and go seek. I'm a little old for that though."
Back to top Go down
Emma Hawkwood
5th Year
Emma Hawkwood

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:27 pm

"Quidditch is the best!" She said cheerfully, perking up so abruptly that there came a tiny squeak from her sweatshirt pocket. "Can't say I know how to play any form of chess though. And this is the best place for hide-and-seek isn't it? Soooo many places to hide!" She said gleefully.

She grinned as she caught an itch on the tip of her nose. Avileene said she didn't play with anyone else, but at least she liked the game itself. If Emma only had her own broom, and she could zip around whenever she wanted to. Perhaps Emma could ask her mother to get one for her birthday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)   Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma) Empty

Back to top Go down

Friendly Encounters (Tag: Emma)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Reborn: Harry Potter RPG :: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry :: Fifth Floor-
Jump to: